- Adjacent to the Moremi Game Reserve, the lodge offers some of the most exceptional wildlife sightings in the Delta, which guests can enjoy on day and night safaris, as well as bush walks.
- The dazzling architectural design brings guests closer to the exceptional natural beauty of the Okavango Delta, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The lodge is perfect for adventure-seekers, wildlife enthusiasts, photographers, first-time or repeat travellers, nature lovers, couples and families.
- Sandibe is situated on the edge of the Delta’s permanent waterways, which means that the areas where game drives and walks take place always remain accessible, even when the Delta waters are at their highest.
- Indulge in a full-day picnic with your guide, tracker and butler. Enjoy a morning of game viewing, take a siesta under the large jackalberry and fig trees. It is a magical experience.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Twice-daily game drives in open safari vehicles.
With a dedicated game ranger and tracker, as well as a private game drive vehicle, guests have the luxury of tailor-making their own safari experience; choosing their own game drive times and spending as much time as they want at sightings.
AndBeyond Sandibe Okavango Safari Lodge is situated on a permanent channel of the Okavango Delta, adjacent to Moremi Game Reserve. With exclusive traversing rights over 270 km2 of wilderness in a private concession, this site was specifically chosen for its extraordinary beauty and proximity to the game-rich grassy plains. andBeyond Sandibe’s raised guest areas and suites look out onto the Santantadibe Channel, providing spectacular Okavango Delta views.
Drawing its inspiration from nature, the lodge blends into the landscape, providing an experience that is serene, earthy and organic. Secluded plunge pools and outdoor showers in each of the twelve suites allow guests to feel part of the forest, while private fireplaces warm the African nights once the sun goes down. Clever constructed, indoor and outdoor lounging places create cosy nooks ideal for private dining beneath the stars. An interactive kitchen and interpretive naturalist library encourage guests to become one with the surroundings and to enjoy every aspect of the Delta experience.
The lodge has just eight intimate suites, each with en-suite bathrooms, twin hand basin, separate toilet and outdoor shower and dressing area. The cottages are airy with all windows covered in gauze to maximise views of the forest. Each cottage has an elevated viewing deck which is perfect for intimate candlelit dinners. To keep the rooms cool during the hot months there is air-conditioning above the bed, and to keep warm during the cold season there are wood-burning stoves in each room.
The elegant suites have an organic design, complete with hand-woven exteriors, which reinforces this cosy and intimate illusion. Looking out over the Delta, the suites are nestled into the big trees and thickets that spring up around the water’s edge.
The lodge boasts two spectacular interleading suites that can accommodate two adults and two children (three on special request). Each suite has a lovely ensuite bathroom, private plunge pools, cosy fireplaces and secluded nooks.
Sandibe Okavango Safari Lodge serves an alfresco banquet of pan-African cuisine in a communal dining area, perfectly positioned under a canopy of trees. Candle lit dinners may also be served in the shelter of the boma.
The food is delicious and stylishly presented thanks to the superb efforts of the team in the interactive kitchen. If you feel like indulging, order a custom-made pizza from the dedicated pizza den!
The Lodge has a sitting and dining area with quiet decks offering spectacular views across the waterways. A shaded swimming pool and well-stocked Safari Shop are close by. Pan African dinners are prepared and served in the open boma that boasts a unique charcoal-cooled wine cellar.
In-room massages with Africology products are available.
Between game-viewing activities, relax in Sandibe’s inviting swimming pool or soak up the sun on the spacious deck. Beautiful views, utterly peaceful surrounds and warm service combine to create a very special ambiance.
Sandible Okavango Safari Lodge has a small gym.