- Nestled among endless white sand beaches, Azura Marlin Beach is located on the Southwest shore of Benguerra Island within the stunning Bazaruto Archipelago in Mozambique. Sunset views across the ocean and a beach island paradise awaits.
- There are just 10 beachside villas at the property, each just steps from the beach and with the services of a Butler-host who will provide everything you might need. The villas are decorated in a light and breezy decor, with indoor and outdoor showers, daybeds perfect for lounging and sea views.
- For dining, Azura Marlin Beach offers beach dinners, or can arrange private beach dining in front of your villa. Poolside cocktails and a weekly beach BBQ are also highlights for those hoping to wind down.
- There are a huge amount of activities available, whether you want to hop on a speedboat to Bazaruto Island to climb up the dune, go deep sea fishing for barracuda or just indulge yourself with a decadent massage: the choice is yours. For those hoping to explore beneath the surf, the property has its own PADI 5 Star dive centre.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
If you have previous diving experience then you can enjoy a fantastic excursion to the Bazaruto Archipelago, accompanied by the lodge guide. Those with limited to no diving experience can enjoy a guided introduction to a whole new world of mystery, wonder and beauty! Dives sites vary according to experience and requests.
Snorkelling is ideal for those who do not wish to do a scuba diving accreditation but who want to confidently explore the shallower coral reefs, situated off Benguerra Island, with the help of a snorkel.
Spend an afternoon indulging on a mouth-watering “Cast-Away” picnic and explore the highest dune in the Bazaruto Archipelago. You will have the opportunity to simply put your feet up and enjoy the breathtaking, 360 degree views of South Point – bring your camera along for excellent photographic opportunities and keep a look out for frolicking dolphins at play.
The Bazaruto Archipelago is a world-renowned fishing destination. The shallow flats between the islands and the mainland provide an excellent breeding ground for baitfish, which in turn provides sustenance for the numerous species of abundant game fish in the Archipelago. You can enjoy an assortment of fishing options on this (2-hour, half day or full day) adventure. These include light tackle fishing in the bay, fly-fishing in the open ocean or even targeting the oceans kingpin, the marlin. Hop aboard a versatile fishing boat, equipped with fishing tackle and safety equipment, and enjoy a fishing adventure unlike any other with your professional guide. The lodge and the fishing grounds are situated in a National Park – bottom fishing is not allowed and catch-and-release of all species is encouraged.
Experience Mozambique from above. Hop aboard a helicopter and fly along the coastline of Benguerra Island and marvel at the crystal clear water and pristine white beaches with a bird’s eye view.
Additional costs apply.
Hop aboard a traditional dhow (a wooden sailing vessel owned by one of the local people of the island and mostly used for fishing). A friendly fisherman will fetch you in the late afternoon, where you will board his dhow for an unforgettable cruise around the bay.
The adventure can be tailored according to your requirements and varies from a 30 minute trip to the school or 2 hours around the Island. The journey will take you past the lakes and dunes on the northern side of the island, past the school, the church and through the village so you can interact with some of the local people and find out more about the community projects that are run on the island.
Horseback riding is the perfect activity to take in the exceptional beauty of Benguerra Island.
Enjoy a different perspective of this piece of paradise, at a pace that is comfortable for you.
Azura Marlin Beach, is a luxe boutique hideaway located on the Southwest shore of Benguerra Island within the unspoilt Bazaruto Archipelago, where miles of magnificent-white sand and warm, turquoise waters await. It really is the island paradise escape you have been dreaming of. Just 10 villas are nestled along one of the last undiscovered stretches of beach in the world, with all the creature comforts you could wish for, including Mozambican butler-hosts to look after your every need, fish and seafood fresh from the ocean, a fantastic range of activities and experiences, an African Massage Pavilion for relaxation, all at a community based project where the local islanders benefit as much as you. Azura Marlin Beach is the escape to paradise you’ve been dreaming of.
We have created several different zones for your enjoyment and relaxation, from the vibey lounge bar to extensive outdoor areas with comfortable four poster daybeds. Guests can enjoy breakfasts and dinner at the main restaurant, with lunch usually served by the sparkling pool area to enjoy the sun-drenched days. Beach dinners with your feet in the sand and the weekly beach BBQ are a highlight for most of our guests. There is Wi-Fi, a boutique and our PADI 5 Star dive centre with top of the range Scubapro equipment. Activities include snorkelling and diving on magnificent Two-Mile Reef, sailing in traditional Dhows, picnics on remote sandbars and of course deep-sea fishing (tag and release).