- The award winning Campi Ya Kanzi eco-lodge is tucked away in a pristine, Maasai-owned private game reserve. Tented cottages and suites offer fantastic views of Mount Kilimanjaro, the Tsavo Hills and the Chyulu Hills.
- Constructed from canvas, stone and wood, 8 tents have a distinct and decidedly authentic character. All have private verandas that open out onto vistas filled with wildlife. In addition, there is a luxury 4 bedroom pool villa for larger groups.
- Like the menu itself, the dining area at the heart of the camp is a tasteful combination of European and Kenyan where hearty Italian food with a wonderful selection of South African and Italian wines is served in an area open to the incredible landscape. Guests can sip on a sundowner and spy on game from the sitting room, which overlooks a nearby waterhole.
- Adventures include Maasai-guided walking safaris, game drives in open 4×4 safari vehicles, day excursions to Tsavo National Park or afternoons spent at the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust.
- Go on a guided forest walk followed by a picturesque picnic in the Chyulu Hills.
- Campi ya Kanzi is a pioneer of community eco-tourism and the most awarded eco-lodge in East Africa. Chosen as one of the 50 best eco-lodges in the world by National Geographic.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Set out in an open-air vehicle with expert field guides for morning and afternoon safaris. Take in up close views of the area’s fascinating wildlife, including large-tusked elephants, giraffes, and leopards. Each vehicle carries a pair of binoculars and is fully stocked with snacks and drinks.
After the sun goes down, venture out under a starry sky to discover nocturnal animals roaming the savanna.
Explore the plains on foot with a guide, taking the unique opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the flora and fauna of the bush.
Blend in with the area wildlife on a guided horseback safari, riding alongside giraffes and other animals. All equestrian levels are welcome, from beginner to advanced riders.
Join a bird expert on a walk around the property and try to spot some of the resident and migratory bird species that flock to the shaded riverine forest.
Take a seat on the lodge’s log-pile hide, located in a shady spot alongside the watering hole. As many as eight different mammal species come here to drink, including large-tusked elephants.
Explore the diverse landscapes surrounding the lodge on foot. Trek through underground lava tubes, climb the kopje rock formations, and more. Take an expert tracker with you to learn about animal activity in the area.
Ride across the vast savanna on a guided bike tour to Seduction Rock. Once there, enjoy sundowners and spectacular views of Mount Kilimanjaro and the Chyulu Hills.
Sleep amid the beauty of the Chyulu Hills on an overnight camping trip. Journey to the camp on foot or horseback, and then spend the evening immersed in nature, relaxing in front of a roaring fire.
Embark on a private guided safari, enjoying full access to guides and a wide-angle camera.
Visit a nearby Maasai village to meet with locals and learn about their culture and way of life.
Take a full-day trip to this wildlife-rich nature reserve situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro. The park is renowned for its large elephant herds and is also home to buffaloes, hippos, wildebeests, leopards, and more. The excursion includes a picnic lunch.
Start your day with an exhilarating flight in a single-engine aircraft over Mount Kilimanjaro, taking in spectacular aerial views of the world’s largest freestanding mountain. Upon landing, savor a champagne breakfast on the plains.
Campi ya Kanzi is an award-winning boutique ecolodge in the Chyulu Hills of Kenya, in Ernest Hemingway’s “Green Hills of Africa”. This camp offers 5-star luxury, first class wilderness adventure, amazing wildlife, & authentic immersion in Maasai culture. This is the only luxury safari lodge on a Maasai-owned reserve spanning 283,000 acres of pristine wilderness. The Hills’ volcanic summits are covered in a rich green cloud forest, home to a different array of trees, flowers, insects, birds & mammals. This Maasai land supports amazing wildlife, with an immense bio diversity & a wide variety of mammals & apex predators for game viewing. This lodge has been built in partnership with the Maasai community & has a unique commitment to community development and environmental sustainability: we are leaders in real ecotourism, engaging the local Maasai in benefiting from wilderness with thriving wildlife, we are 100% solar & carbon neutral.
We can host 16 guests in 6 luxury tented cottages and 2 luxury tented suites, all set on wooden platforms with thatched roofs and large en-suite bathrooms, shower and finest Italian linen bedding. We offer luxurious rooms, thrilling outdoor adventure, memorable wildlife encounters, and authentic connection to the Maasai people. In front of Kilimanjaro, with a Maasai warrior taking you on safari, among elephants and lions, you will experience your dream African adventure. All activities will be tailor-made to your desires; classic game drives in many different habitats and lovely game walks with your Maasai guide and tracker. Other excursions take in local caves, Tsavo West National Park and Amboseli National Park, scenic champagne flights and fly camping.
We offer four types of accommodation with different settings:
- Campi ya Kanzi luxury Tented Cottages
- Campi ya Kanzi Tented Suites
- Kanzi House Pool Cottage
- Kanzi House Private Villa
The Tented Cottages and the Suites are conveniently located, with ample distance from one to the other, to guarantee every guest’s privacy.
Kanzi House is composed by a Villa with 4 bedrooms and by the Pool Cottage. They can be booked individually (Kanzi House for 4 guests, the Pool Cottage for 2 guests). The whole of Kanzi House (Private Villa with 4 bedrooms, Pool Cottage with 1 bedroom) can also be booked in exclusivity.
Like the menu itself, the dining area at the heart of the camp is a tasteful combination of European and Kenyan. Hearty Italian food is accompanied by a wonderful selection of South African and Italian wines and is served in a cosy dining area that is open to the incredible landscape. Guests can sip on a sundowner and spy on game from the sitting room, which overlooks a nearby waterhole.
* Game drives in open Land Rover
* Forest walks
* Escorted game walks
* Bird watching
* Bush breakfast, picnic, dinner
* Horse-back riding
* Maasai cultural villages
* Visit MWCT programs (Schools, Dispensaries & Research Centre)
Extra Activities on paid basis:
* Tsavo/Amboseli National Park excursions
* Scenic flights with champagne breakfast
* Air excursions
* Fly camping
* Excursion to David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
* Yoga/Meditation sessions
* Kanzi Amani Wellness
* Guiding & hosting by the Founder Luca Belpietro