- Cheetah Plains exclusive Plains Houses, home of the definitive exclusive-use luxury sustainable safari in South Africa’s most celebrated wildlife area, the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. Exclusively yours, the Plains Houses play host to your private safari experience of a lifetime.
- Each of the exclusive-use Plains Houses at Cheetah Plains accommodates a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 guests per house, offering you and your safari companions the ultimate private safari experience in the splendid Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- Private exclusive-use Plains Houses, each exquisitely appointed, boast a formal lounge, living room, dining area, expansive sun deck, heated swimming pool, wine gallery, chef’s kitchen and sumptuous Private Suites.
- Cheetah Plains facilitates a personal journey of discovery amid an inspired bushveld landscape. Each Plains House has a dedicated hospitality team comprising host, wellness therapist, ranger and tracker. What awaits you is an unforgettable experience, made possible by our unique collective of highly skilled individuals.
- Our twice-daily game drives are led by our best-in-class safari guides and trackers and taken in our prototype Land Cruiser Electric safari vehicles.
- The restorative quality of your safari is enhanced by personal pampering. We invite you to enjoy a selection of touch therapies or beauty treatments, all included in your stay.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Cheetah Plains certainly sets the standard for ultra-luxurious safari lodges in South Africa. Designed by an international award-winning firm of architects, Cheetah Plains is an opulent oasis settled in the Big 5 Eden that is Sabi Sands Game Reserve. Sharing an unfenced border with the iconic Kruger National Park, this private reserve pioneered the luxury safari concept and consistently delivers spectacular big game viewing. Consisting of three exclusive-use Bush Houses each equipped with four bedrooms, Cheetah Plains offers groups and families (four to eight guests per Bush House) a luxury safari experience par excellence. Each private Bush House is surrounded by indigenous gardens and boasts spectacular views. Guests can enjoy the professional services of a private chef and butler throughout their stay.
Go on twice-daily game drives in your private zero-emissions game drive vehicle with a designated, on-site field guide and tracker. The area is home to around 150 mammal species (including elephant, lion, leopard and buffalo), as well as over 500 recorded bird species like widow finchs, buntings, cisticolas, mannikins, wydahs and eremomelas. Sabi’s vegetation is also a haven for white rhino, cheetah and hyena. End your days in a private boma for delicious fire-side dining, paired with fine wines from your Bush House’s temperature-controlled wine cellar. Our bespoke children’s safari program, Cheetah Cub Club, is wildly popular. Educational, engaging and fun, each child receives a backpack stuffed with exciting activities to enjoy on safari, with our compliments.
A sophisticated, innovative eco-luxe safari experience for the modern age, the private Plains Houses provide a sensual backdrop to your private safari experience. The imaginative, honest architecture is complemented by restful interiors that invite the outside in. The muted palette of the interior design imbued with warm, natural elements is enhanced with handpicked decor pieces by notable African artisans. Perfect for an exclusive family safari or a party of friends the luxurious, private Plains Houses accommodate a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 guests per house.
The location and unique appointment of each Plains House is a beautiful rendering of its environment. Each house essentially takes the same form comprising two parts: the shared space and the accommodation. Here, your exclusive safari hideaway provides you and your party a private bush retreat unlike any other. The shared space houses an expansive formal lounge, living room, sun deck, lap pool, loggia, fine wine gallery and dining room.
Adjacent, the accommodation comprises four graciously appointed free-standing Private Suites, two of which inter-lead. A dedicated hospitality team consists of your intuitive, accomplished host, private chef, field guide and tracker. They are allocated to your Plains House for the duration of your stay. Together, they deliver a safari experience tailored to you and your party’s individual preferences.
Delicious meals and snacks made to exacting standards are prepared by your talented private chef. Personal wellness is in the hands of your dedicated wellness therapist. An immersive connection with nature is facilitated by the expert field guide and tracker team at your service.
- Two lounges (a formal lounge & an entertainment lounge)
- Dining area
- Outdoor boma for fire-side dining
- Temperature controlled wine cellar
- Heated swimming pool
- Day-bed and private deck area
- Indigenous gardens & spectacular views into the surrounding natural bushveld
- Private game viewing electric vehicle as well as designated professional field guide & tracker
- Private host and chef for the duration of your stay
- Each of the exclusive-use luxurious bushveld homes accommodates a minimum of one, and a maximum of eight guests
- Two iPhone 10s per suite are preloaded with the Roberts’ bird app, Stuart’s mammal app, an astronomy app and Cheetah Plains host’s contact number
- King-bedded bedroom
- Private minibar & coffee station
- Private deck with day-bed
- Dressing room
- Double rain shower
- Bath overlooking the bushveld
- Accommodates a maximum of 2 guests per suite. Especially for families with young children, 2 of the suites interlink so parents are close by, but not in the same bedroom
Each Plains House hosts a fine wine gallery comprising a purely South African wine selection curated to reflect Japie’s favourite estates and varietals. Only wines of the most discerning quality are stocked in your wine gallery.
Peruse our wine book to get a taste for the treasures within. Your host will readily recommend a wine to pair with your beautiful meal. Explore the wonders of our new world wines by embarking on a wine tasting hosted by our on-property Sommelier (available upon request).
Our accomplished culinary team delivers imaginative, soulful meals that, when paired with our characteristic wines, resulting in an elevated dining experience you will savour. Your dining expectations and requirements are an important element of your stay.
We have an ‘open kitchen’ policy; you’re always welcome to pop in and see what is cooking! If you like, join in the culinary action or just observe while having a relaxed chat with your chef. Dining al fresco, preferably out in the bush, is always a highlight. Fresh, locally sourced produce is our preference and supports our farm-to-table vision at Cheetah Plains.
Cheetah Plains facilitates a personal journey of discovery amid an inspired bushveld landscape. Each Plains House has a dedicated hospitality team comprising host, wellness therapist, ranger and tracker. What awaits you is an unforgettable experience, made possible by our unique collective of highly skilled individuals.
The best time of day to explore the bush is early morning and late afternoon. Our twice-daily game drives are led by our best-in-class safari guides and trackers and taken in our prototype Land Cruiser Electric safari vehicles, a game-changing innovation pioneered by Japie van Niekerk, owner of Cheetah Plains. This bold advance toward zero-emission game drives is what drives our sustainability safari experience at Cheetah Plains. An onboard bird book, binoculars and a professional level Nikon D850 camera fitted with a 200-500mm telephoto lens plus memory card are provided for guests’ enjoyment.
Cheetah Plains Private Reserve comprises an exclusive traverse area set aside for our Cheetah Plains guests. We do, however, explore the greater area which extends many thousands of hectares beyond our location in the pristine north-west corner of the vast Sabi Sand Game Reserve. Our particular area is revered for its prime game viewing, most especially the iconic species known as the ‘Big Five’.
We share our fenceless border to the east with the vast, world famous Kruger National Park and our southern border with the esteemed Mala Mala Game Reserve. Cheetah Plains’ prime location within the inimitable Sabi Sands delivers a prolific, sustainable safari experience facilitated by the natural movement of wildlife over this vast land, fiercely protected under conservation.
The restorative quality of your safari is enhanced by personal pampering. We invite you to enjoy a selection of touch therapies or beauty treatments, all included in your stay. Africology is our chosen wellness amenity brand. The healing properties of select African botanicals within our Africology treatments offer an immersive, invigorating wellness experience.
Consult your in-room menu which offers an array of uplifting treatments including manicures, pedicures and facials. Alternatively, tailor your personal wellness journey with the help of your highly qualified in-house therapist. Enjoy your pampering in the privacy of your Private Suite, allowing the restorative experience to completely envelope you.
Cheetah Plains Cub Club
We love families! Children of all ages are most welcome at Cheetah Plains. Our bespoke children’s safari program, Cheetah Cub Club, for children under 12 years old is wildly popular with our younger guests. Educational, engaging and fun, each child receives a backpack stuffed with exciting activities to enjoy on safari, with our compliments. Our highly qualified, relatable field guides and trackers are eager to share their bush lore with young, inquisitive minds. Bush bumbles (game drives of age appropriate duration), interpretive walks in our garden or simply chatting with our team about their way of life in the bushveld help your child to forge a deep connection with Africa’s wilderness. Awakening them to nature’s splendour is our privilege.
Our Plains Houses have great child-friendly features such as a set of inter-leading Private Suites, a living room with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment, a games selection and Netflix. Imaginative kiddies’ meals are the order of the day as are interactive cooking sessions with your Plains House chef. Babysitting by our qualified, caring nannies is complimentary and always on offer. Our Cheetah Cub Club is our bespoke children’s program, chock full of safari fun. Our individualistic approach to family safaris is what sets us apart in the Sabi Sand. It starts with a conversation and ends with safari memories of a lifetime.
Sporting beautiful views out over our rolling lawns and Tamboti grove beyond, our climate-controlled gym is fitted with modern equipment for your training pleasure.