- Chisa Busanga Camp (“The Nest”) lies on a beautiful island in the heart of the Busanga Plains, Kafue National Park, Zambia; overlooking vast flood plains and dambos that teem with wildlife. This uniquely designed, intimate and exclusive camp gives you the ultimate safari adventure off the beaten track.
- The remoteness of the Busanga Plains and the most remarkable sunrises as mist rises from the drying floodplain guarantee a magical experience. This is also a perfect location in which to track the largest cheetah population in Zambia.
- Four human sized birds’ nests have been raised up into the tree tops, blending into their surroundings and offering great views out over the flood plains. All nests have a deck & in/outside shower.
- Signature sightings for this area are tree climbing lions and the red lechwe leaping the small streams. Plentiful Lichtenstein’s hartebeest, buffalo and wildebeest provide for some of the best predator (cheetah, wild dog, lion and leopard) action anywhere in Africa.
- For the practicing ornithologist, the park boasts a number of endemics, such as Chaplin’s barbet, amongst over 450 other species.
- All game drives will be operated on electric game drive vehicles, using top of the range safari conversions, all solar-powered. The Silent Safari experience boasts greater game sightings, closer birdlife interactions and the sounds of the bush.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Chisa Busanga Camp – Green Safaris’ intimate bush camp is in the heart of the magical Busanga Flood Plains in the North of the Kafue National Park. Stay in one of our 4 truly amazing Birds-Nests which completely blend in with nature. The name derives from its remarkable architecture, as the 4 guest-units have been built as tree-houses, in the shape of birds-nests, to perfectly blend-in with nature (Chisa means birds nest in the local language), overlooking the plains. Each nest offers privacy and a birds-eye view on the plains, both from the inside and your observation deck. All nests have in/outside shower. Chisa Camp lies on a beautiful island in the heart of the Busanga Plains, overlooking the massive floodplains and dambos that teem with wildlife and birds. As the floodplains are inaccessible during the summer, when the rains turn the plains into a massive lake, Busanga is a seasonal destination, open from June-November.
Its remoteness and the most remarkable sunrises when the mist rises of the drying floodplains, will guarantee a magical and truly unique experience. The Boma overlooks the plains and has a plunge pool to cool down and relax, during the hottest months. At Busanga we offer game-drives in electric game-drive vehicles to enable silent safaris, and walking safaris. The Busanga Flood Plains is one of the most unique wilderness areas Africa has to offer. A truly hidden gem of a park, with an abundance of antilopes, birds and predators. See the elephants gently walking by through the early morning mist, arising from the dambos, and enjoy the lechwe jumping the Busanga streams. Enjoy the amazing Secretary Bird, dancing in front of your tent.
This pioneering luxury lodge can accommodate up to fifteen guests in six ultra-modern timber and canvas suites, one of which is a two-bedroomed family villa. The suites are carefully positioned for maximum privacy on elevated wooden decks, with vast open fronts and open-plan bathrooms with an outdoor shower. Glorious far-reaching views across the wide flood plains offer some superb wildlife viewing from the tented bedrooms and sunken lounge terrace which leads directly down onto the surrounding grasslands.
Two Bedroom Family Villa
Included in the six suites at King Lewanika Lodge is the 4-sleeper Family Villa, comprising two bedrooms and ideal for families with two children (only 12 and older are permitted).
Your day begins with early morning tea, coffee and biscuits before your morning drive, after which you return for a hearty brunch. There is plenty of time for afternoon tea before your second drive, which usually ends with cold drinks and snacks at a sunset spot. You then return to camp for a 3-course supper served by candlelight – private dining at your suite or out on the Liuwa Plains is available on request.
The open-plan design flows throughout the dining area, lounge and bar, with a plunge pool making the most of the spectacular outlook from the raised timber decks.
Outside you will find a generous raised deck with panoramic views of the Liuwa Plains as well as a plunge pool, an unusual touch for such a remote camp. The outdoor fire pit is surrounded by canvas camp chairs and literally sits on the Liuwa Plains, promising stunning night skies to accompany your fireside drink.