- The intimate and luxurious Kings Camp Private Game Reserve is situated in the flourishing Timbavati Reserve, part of the world-acclaimed Kruger National Park. The camp is perfectly situated near a popular waterhole and offers beautiful views of the savannah.
- Kings Camp boasts just seven sumptuously appointed, colonial-inspired suites and two romantic honeymoon suites, each featuring a lovely ensuite bathroom with a Victorian ball-and-claw bath, indoor and outdoor double shower & plunge pool. The suites also boast a personal bar and a private veranda.
- Tuck into delicious menus in the elegant dining area, the traditional boma or under a large knobthorn tree in the lush garden.
- While away the hours in between game viewing adventures at the sparkling poolside or indulge in a pampering session at the well-appointed spa. The energetically-inclined can head to the gym for an invigorating workout.
- An inviting viewing deck, open-plan bar and a library all add to guest delight.
- Adventures include morning and evening game drives in search of the Big Five, bush picnics and nature walks through the verdant Timbavati Reserve.
- Kings Camp is perfectly positioned to offer access to a range of nearby adventures such as golf, helicopter tours, hot air ballooning and community excursions.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, Kings Camp faces an open savanna plain with a waterhole, which is frequented by a wide variety of wildlife both day and night. As part of the greater Kruger National Park, which covers an area of 2.2 million hectares, this Timbavati safari lodge is a wildlife haven boasting a diversity of animal life including the Big 5 (lion, elephant, rhino, leopard and buffalo). With 100 km² of bush to traverse, you have plenty of space to explore the endless variety of Africa’s wildlife in an open Land Rover or on foot. The Main Camp consists of six Luxury Suites, one Luxury Family Suite and two Honeymoon Suites which all offer modern amenities and magnificent views of the African Bush. The Luxury and Honeymoon Suites each have private plunge pools and comfortable outdoor lounge areas.
The ultimate in safari privacy, Waterbuck Private Camp at Kings Camp, boasts a four-bedroomed villa with its own Land Rover with game ranger and tracker, as well as a villa host and chef to take care of your every need! At the Main Camp a thatched viewing lounge overlooks an active waterhole and the informal open plan lounge and bar and coffee lounge are all ideal places where you can simply relax and soak up the tranquility of the African bush at this Timbavati safari lodge. Our dining options include fine dining in our elegant dining room, laid-back lunches on the patio overlooking an active waterhole, vastly-popular traditional boma dinners, breakfasts in the bush and private dinners on the verandah of your suite.
Madikwe offers guests three camps with a total of 20 suites. Each air-conditioned suite features a spacious sitting area with circular fireplace, a personal bar and an en-suite bathroom with a large bath, indoor and outdoor showers. French doors open onto a wooden deck leading to an inviting private plunge pool. The West Camp only has four suites so it can be booked exclusively.
Madikwe Lelapa Lodge
Lelapa literally means ‘family’, and this is exactly how we want you to feel – there is no restriction in terms of age or generation. Many of us have kids of our own, so we know and understand what an unforgettable experience it is for children to be in the bush. We have taken a lot of time to design a kids’ menu of activities, which will keep juniors entertained, and parents relaxed. The recent addition of a communal pool will no doubt provide hours of enjoyment and simple relaxation, best spent in the company of family and new-found friends. Each of the 12 Suites is spacious, comfortable and ever respectful of the natural environment beyond. Indoor and outdoor showers, private plunge pool and wood-burning fireplace are just some of the added creature comforts to enhance Mother Nature’s subtle signature. Each Suite is approximately 100 m2/1080 ft2, and has a double bed (convertible to twins), air-conditioning, ceiling fan, bathroom en-suite, safe, mini bar, direct-dial telephone, hairdryer and a range of deluxe amenities.
Madikwe Kopano Lodge
Kopano directly translated means ‘small gathering’. The Lodge comprises just 4 Suites (each with private plunge pool) which share a magnificent common area. Fine dining to the hoot of an owl, the roar of a lion or the crazed whoop of a hyena is the stuff that dreams are made of. Note, children of 16 and older are welcome. Each Suite is approximately 100 m2/1080 ft2, and has a double bed (convertible to twins), air-conditioning, fireplace, ceiling fan, bathroom en-suite, outdoor shower, safe, mini bar, direct-dial telephone, hairdryer and a range of deluxe amenities.
Madikwe Dithaba Lodge
With only 4 Suites (each with private plunge pool), this Lodge is well suited to a group of friends or family members making it their own while on safari. Or for those who simply prefer the sound of nature and little else. Each Suite is approximately 110 m2/1180 ft2 and has a double bed (convertible to twins), private plunge pool, air-conditioning, fireplace, ceiling fan, bathroom en-suite, outdoor shower, safe, mini bar, direct-dial telephone, hairdryer and a range of deluxe amenities.
At Madikwe Safari Lodge the restaurant has a buffet menu offering a variety of dishes. Healthy, Fresh, Delicious, Plentiful ,That’s the secret to Madikwe’s culinary success. No two mealtimes at Madikwe are the same. Whether in the dining room, on the deck, in the boma or out in the bush – the one thing that remains consistent is the calibre of dishes presented. Simple and unpretentious, yet packed with wholesome flavour. Younger palates will also find their flavour, with a full kid’s menu specially crafted around our younger guests.
Guest areas for all camps feature a series of individual sitting areas and shaded outdoor seating on the expansive covered decks. There are plentiful fireplaces both inside and out with a pizza oven for fun dining. There is a very pleasant, book-filled library at North Camp and West Camp is perfectly set up for families. Each camp’s boma is the setting for evocative starlit dinners. Other facilities include 4×4 vehicles and the children’s den.
Each suite has a private plunge pool, and curved stone walls lead you out into open-plan sitting-dining areas with big squishy sofas you just want to flop on.
Children are welcome at Madikwe Safari Lodge and there are many activities available for children including: Family safari drives, bush orientation, bug CSI, dung tracking, track pack with plaster of Paris, baking in the kitchen, making pizzas in the boma, star gazing, games night and much more.