- Little Mombo is an intimate, uber luxe safari lodge connected to its larger sister Mombo Camp by a raised boardwalk. Situated under a shady canopy, the lodge has three deluxe and spacious tented guest rooms.
- It offers guests fine dining in its own dining area, relaxed conversation in the lounge, and a cooling dip in the plunge pool, which is raised to look out over the floodplains giving you a good vantage point over the game drifting through it below.
- The three luxurious canvas rooms are spacious, beautifully furnished, and include a private lounge, sala, verandah, and lavish en suite bathrooms, complete with outdoor showers and plunge pools.
- The shared areas include a lounge, dining room, bar, pool, fire pit, library, a boma-style outdoor seating area, a sala and extensive decking.
- Known as the “place of plenty”, the Mombo Concession is renowned for its abundance of wildlife comprising high concentrations of predators, including all of the big cats, and plains game. Large herds of buffalo, spotted hyena, white rhino, elephant and giraffe all roam these parts along with prolific birdlife.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Game drives via open 4×4 Land Rovers each accommodate a maximum of six or seven guests, allowing each guest a ‘window’ seat. Please note that as we are in Moremi Game Reserve, night drives are not possible at Little Mombo.
Botswana’s northern safari areas are full of water channels just waiting to be explored. Larger boats can be used to explore the wider channels but for the aficionado, mokoro trips into the smaller channels are a real treat. Always subject to waterlevels.
Walking in the African bush with a professional safari guide is a fantastic experience. Enjoy a completely different perspective on foot than from a vehicle.
Rebuilt in 2018, Little Mombo is a celebration of our conservation purpose, including the Botswana Rhino Reintroduction Project that takes place here. It combines luxury and service excellence with a celebration of the amazing natural splendour that is the Mombo Concession. With just three tents tucked away on the other side of the same island, Little Mombo is a smaller, more intimate version of its sister camp. Built under a shady canopy of jackalberry and sausage trees, overlooking a floodplain regularly visited by herds of herbivores (and their predators), the camp has its own facilities, including a dining area, boma, kitchen, lounge and pool, while being connected to Mombo via a raised boardwalk.
Each beautifully designed tented suite has its own entrance, sitting room with a bar, separate bedroom and bathroom areas with a dressing area, indoor and outdoor showers, double vanity and a separate toilet. Each private deck boasts a private plunge pool and swing bed that overlooks the Delta. Mombo Island is surrounded by open floodplains and the camp itself is largely built in and around the shade of some large mangosteen, ebony and fig trees – overlooking a wonderful floodplain teeming with game. A plunge pool on the main deck makes a great place to relax in the heat of the day.
Little Mombo Camp is built under a shady canopy and has just three luxuriously airy rooms under canvas with en-suite bathrooms and outdoor showers for guests looking to acquaint themselves with nature. All the tents have views of the surrounding flood plains.
The three spacious and luxurious tented suites at Little Mombo Camp are connected by raised wooden walkways but spaced well apart for guaranteed privacy. The large, elegantly designed and decorated suites feature a large four-poster bed draped in mosquito netting, a writing desk with a view and a generous en-suite bathroom with both an indoor and outdoor shower. The suites open onto private decks and an even more private sala and day bed along another raised walkway.
Wake up to a light continental breakfast before your morning game drive and enjoy a wholesome brunch afterwards when you have had time to work up an appetite. An extravagant and delicious afternoon tea is served before your afternoon safari activity. The evening’s 3-course dinner is often served around the fire in the outdoor boma under the stars, but meals at Little Mombo are a moveable feast and can be served in a number of creative, out-of-camp locations.
Walkways connect you to the main areas, where you will find a dining room under thatch and raised on a deck, a private lounge (shared with Mombo main camp) with inviting chairs, a boma for traditional dinner nights under Africa’s famous starry skies
There is a sala, large veranda and lounge area, providing ample place to relax and enjoy the view. Little Mombo Camp also has its own dining room, kitchen, curio shop and pool. Little Mombo’s swimming pool is surrounded by a deck and features a convenient poolside bar, and you can relax on the day beds in the shade of the sala.