- Mwiba Lodge is a sophisticated, family friendly luxury safari lodge, with a spectacular setting overlooking a rocky gorge on the Arugusinyai River, located in a private 130,000-acre wildlife reserve in Southern Serengeti. This is top-end luxury in the wildest of settings.
- Ten gorgeous tented suites offer the ultimate in bush luxury – set among massive boulders and ancient acacias, stylishly furnished with linen-dressed sofas, a minibar stocked with excellent wine and soaking tubs & outdoor showers on hardwood decks with incredible views of the river & reserve.
- Sophisticated, locally sourced cuisine with intuitive service – served in the main lodge, in your suite or with a mobile dining set-up out in the bush.
- Facilities on offer include a spa, fitness room, impressive wine cellar and a sublime infinity pool set on a ridge, with heavenly views overlooking 3 springs frequented by wildlife.
- In addition to day and night drives, bush walks, family-focused fun includes kids’ safaris, complete with a checklist of animals and trees to scout for, and bow-and-arrow making with the local Hadzabe tribe. In between activities, relish picnics on the tree platform and stunning sundowners in the bush.
- The lodge offers a bespoke fly-camping experience – arrive at a spectacular secluded location to sundowners followed by a gourmet dinner. Warmed by a campfire and cocooned by the calls of the night, sleep soundly beneath the stars of the night sky in a sleepout like no other.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Day & Night Safari game drives, Safari walks, Sundowners above the gorge, breakfast in the Savannah, lunch on the sandbanks, evening meals under the stars.
The Datoga are a nomadic herding tribe, known as great warriors and one of the oldest tribes in Tanzania. Visit in the late afternoon to watch the livestock being herded back into the safety of the boma, as everyone gathers to sing and welcome them..
Soar over the Serengeti’s savannah plains in a hot air balloon at dawn, watching wildlife beneath you & finishing with a champagne bush breakfast.
The Hadza is a traditional hunter-gatherer tribe, one of the last of such tribes in Tanzania. A day spent walking with them, foraging for food and hearing their stories is both fascinating and humbling.
One of Africa’s most iconic moments – the migration of two million wildebeest, zebras and gazelles around the Serengeti-Maasai Mara ecosystem.
Mwiba Lodge, a secluded, sophisticated luxe hideaway set among massive stone boulders, ancient coral trees and acacias, overlooking a rocky gorge on the Arugusinyai River, is the flagship safari experience in the Legendary Expeditions portfolio. Set in harmony with this idyllic natural backdrop, Mwiba Lodge offers an unmatched experience in luxury safari adventure. This exclusive lodge mixes both traditional and modern design elements with uplifting service, creating an inviting, sophisticated getaway. The chic interiors artfully integrate the natural surroundings and the ten sumptuous, open-plan tented suites feature supersized beds, double vanities with copper fittings, deep soaking tubs and indoor & outdoor showers on the hardwood terrace decks offering fantastic views.
The sublime infinity pool on a ridge overlooks 3 springs where you can enjoy the sights & sounds of a constant parade of wildlife. Located in Mwiba Wildlife Reserve, a private conservation concession dedicated to the balance between wildlife and communities, this area is only available to a handful of guests, facilitating an excellent, uncrowded safari experience within the greater Serengeti eco-system. This vast 129,530 acre wildlife reserve is vibrantly lush with 33 freshwater springs & a diverse array of wildlife. Interact with the Hadzabe, Datoga, Maasai & Sukuma tribes, experience the Great Migration, observe the legendary leopards of Mwiba & the annual wildebeest calving season between January & March. Day & night game drives, bush walks & cultural excursions to the local tribe’s village are just a few of the magical experiences awaiting you at Mwiba.
Raised wooden walkways lead from the thatched communal area to ten sumptuous tented suites, dotted among giant boulders and acacias, overlooking a rocky gorge on the Arugusinyai River. The interiors are lush, with textured fabrics in creams paired with suede, tans and accents of chocolate and charcoal. The suites are elegantly furnished and feature super king sized beds, a sofa and seating area, high end mini bar, deep soaking tubs, double vanities, indoor & outdoor showers and hardwood deck terraces offering the ultimate in bush luxury. They are all designed with a wide-open layout where each room flows into the next. The huge windows look out onto your private lounge deck and sprawling views of the vast African terrain.
Relax and take in the views from a private deck & outdoor shower leading out from your suite at Mwiba Lodge.
Star Gazer Camp
At our private star-gazer camp in Mwiba, it’s just you, the sky, the land and a sense of infinite freedom.
Sophisticated, locally sourced cuisine with intuitive service – served in the main lodge, or in the privacy of your suite, around a campfire, or with a mobile dining set-up out in the bush.
Main Pavilion Dining
Boma Fireside Dining
Best seat in the ‘house’ with our fly-camping at Mwiba.
Facilities on offer include a spa, fitness room, library, impressive wine cellar and a sublime infinity pool set on a ridge, with heavenly views overlooking 3 springs frequented by wildlife.