- The diverse landscape of rich, red dunes, elusive fairy circles, unravelling plains and craggy mountains has to be seen to be believed.
- Kwessi Dunes is a brand-new camp and our first in the area; it’s is as special to us as it is to you and the rooms are cool and quirky (and air conditioned!).
- The is a private experience on a private reserve and the small number of lodges in the area co-ordinate with each other to ensure you won’t bump into another soul.
- Kwessi itself is located in 15,000 hectares of exclusive desert terrain, but you’ll have access to all 200,000 hectares of the NamibRand Reserve.
- Break away from traditional game drives and try horse riding, star gazing, quad biking, a nature walk or a hot air balloon flight.
- The star gazing opportunities are out of this world. The NamibRand is Africa’s first designated International Dark Sky Reserve meaning it’s one of the least light-polluted areas in the world – and it shows.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Kwessi Dunes is located deep in Namibia’s striking NamibRand Nature Reserve, a vast desert wilderness of over 200,000 hectares. With its rolling desert plains and backdrop of craggy mountains and iconic red dunes, this is a place where time seems to stand still and the space is never-ending. Here, it’s not about chasing big game but rather soaking up the beauty of the colourful landscape, admiring the antelope that scatter the sand, and gazing at the stars the light up the night sky.
At Kwessi Dunes, you’ll find 12 cool and comfortable (and air-conditioned) chalets all with canvas walls and thatched roofs. Each bedroom has a separate ‘star gazer’ room, completely open to the sky, and the perfect spot from which to watch the celestial theatre show above. Views from the rooms, the main area and the swimming pool are of the vast, desert vistas and when you can bear to tear your eyes away, enjoy quad biking, scenic drives and walks, hot air ballooning, helicopter flights, horse riding and day trips to Sossusvlei. We recommend booking Kwessi Dunes as part of a complete Natural Selection safari.
We’re bringing a touch of Natural Selection character to the Namib Desert and Kwessi Dunes will feature our usual cool and comfortable style with a few quirks along the way. In the bedrooms, you can expect vintage four-poster beds, striped canvas walls and a separate ‘star gazer’ room that’s completely open to the sky for maximum galaxy-gazing as you fall asleep. Each bedroom also has an ensuite bathroom with both indoor and outdoor showers and a shaded, outdoor veranda. High thatched roofs will keep you cool during the hot desert days (and nights!) and you’ll be pleased to hear that the bedrooms are air conditioned too.
The view from the lodge is spectacular and the glass windows and doors at the main area look out onto the undulating sand that only ends when it meets the mountains, far in the distance. Inside, there’s a well-stocked bar, library area and several seating and dining areas. When the sun rises in the morning, head to the camp fire for a morning cuppa, whilst in the heat of the day, the swimming pool is the only place to be
- 12 air conditioned chalets: 10 twin/doubles, 2 family.
- Ensuite bathrooms with indoor showers and outdoor showers.
- Separate open-air ‘star gazer’ room in each chalet.
- Air conditioning throughout.
- Swimming pool at main area.
- Entirely solar powered.
- Wifi available: Yes
- Hairdryers: On request
- Battery charging facilities: Yes.
- Complimentary laundry service.
- Child policy: We welcome children of all ages.
There’s a well-stocked bar, library area and several seating and dining areas.
Delicious and wholesome meals are prepared by expert chefs and dining pivots around enjoying meals in the open air.
Rates include all meals and local drinks; game drives and most activities. Bar/Lounge, Free Parking, Outdoor Pool, Free Parking, Wi-Fi.
*Morning and afternoon scenic drives in the striking NamibRand Nature Reserve. *Nature walks. *Skybeds experience and star gazing. *Quad biking. *Day trips to the dunes of Sossusvlei. ** *Hot air ballooning. ** *Horse riding. ** *Scenic helicopter flights. ** ** Additional costs apply.
Here, it’s not about chasing big game but rather soaking up the beauty of the colourful landscape, admiring the antelope that scatter the sand, and gazing at the stars the light up the night sky.