- Set along the banks of the Luangwa this intimate bush camp offers guests an authentic encounter of the area, underpinned by responsible tourism practices.
- Elegance and comfort combine with the quiet intimacy of a classic African bush camp in our five Shawa Luxury Tents. The tents have been raised above the ground on wooden stilts, which lessens their impact on the environment, and they open entirely on three sides to offer an unblocked 270-degree view over the river and across the park.
- Each of our Luxury Safari Tents is individually styled for a modern under canvas experience on the banks of the Luangwa River. Two of the five Couples Tents can convert into a spacious Family Tent.
- At Shawa Luangwa Camp, the South Luangwa National Park is on your doorstep, just waiting to be explored by vehicle, boat or foot with a wonderful guide by your side.
- South Luangwa National Park is part of the Luangwa Valley, which is characterised by dramatic seasonal changes, lush vegetation and prolific wildlife that thrive alongside the Luangwa River. This complex ecosystem is one of Zambia’s wildest and offers a remarkable safari experience.
- As the birthplace of the walking safari, South Luangwa beckons you to step out on foot with the legendary guide, Jacob Shawa, who will make you fall in love with the bush.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Shawa Luangwa Camp is situated on the eastern bank of the Luangwa River on a site hand-picked by Jacob Shawa, the Head Professional Guide at camp. Jacob fell in love with the Zambian wilderness many years ago and has been deeply connected to it ever since. From this beautiful location, you can cross the river on a pontoon or boat and explore the prime game-viewing areas of the South Luangwa National Park or alternatively the game rich Nsefu Sector. Elegance and comfort combine with the quiet intimacy of a classic African bush camp in five Shawa Luxury Tents. The tents have been raised above the ground on stilts, which lessens their impact on the environment, and they open entirely on three sides to offer an unblocked 270-degree view over the river and across the park.
At Shawa Luangwa Camp, the South Luangwa National Park is on your doorstep, just waiting to be explored by vehicle, boat or foot with a wonderful guide by your side. Through Silent Safaris, care for the environment extends beyond camp into the wilderness of the park and Nsefu Sector. Electric Land Cruisers are powered by Zambia’s abundant sunshine to traverse the area quietly, lightly and with minimal carbon footprint. Every day brings a new opportunity for an immersive experience within the diverse landscapes of this world-renowned wildlife sanctuary. And then, when you emerge from the bush, the hours between safari activities are yours to do as you please back at camp. Participate in E-cruiser game drives, walking safaris, boating safaris, or bird watching, or relax in the plunge pools at the camp.