- Awasi Iguazu is breath-taking secluded retreat that is beautifully enveloped by the verdant jungle just 20 minutes from the mighty Iguazu Falls. The Relais & Chateaux lodge offers just 14 villas that are incredibly private yet easily accessible from the main lodge.
- Located just 20 minutes from the world’s largest waterfalls, Awasi’s lodge is situated on the banks of the River Iguazú, surrounded by the Atlantic Rainforest. Each villa is assigned with a private guide and 4WD, allowing guests to explore at their own pace, visiting where they want, in their own time.
- Elevated on stilts, 13 chic Standard Villas offer private sparkling plunge pools and spacious living areas, while a sophisticated Master Villa boasts a larger pool and living area and is ideal for two couples or a family. All offer well-appointed ensuite bathrooms and an outside decking with sun loungers.
- Explore the surrounding jungle with a selection of adventures included, from visiting archaeological sites to cultural experiences with indigenous locals.
- Incredible Relais & Chateaux fine dining and superb wine list. Feast on sublime culinary fare that showcases traditional styles with contemporary techniques.
- Bask in the sun in your stunning surrounds, and make a splash in your private plunge pool.
- Enjoy trekking through the jungle, picnics at the falls, boat rides along the Iguazu river, visits to archaeological sights and discovering the diversity of cultures in the Misiones region which surrounds the falls.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
The thunderous waters of the Iguazu Falls can be admired from a network of walkways, including the 84 metre drop of Devil’s Throat from the kilometre of boardwalks that cross the Upper River Iguazu.
150km south-east of Awasi lies the Urugua-i Provincial Park. An area of great natural beauty and rich biodiversity, it is home to various conservation and research projects that seek to protect the vibrant life of the park and rainforest.
A three-hour drive from Awasi Iguazu lie three UNESCO World Heritage missionary ruins, San Ignacio Miní, Nuestra Señora de Loreto and Santa Ana. Explore with your private guide and gain an understanding of how the Jesuits came to mix with the Guaraní.
Learn to prepare the perfect steak, create tasty empanadas and whisk up some delicious wine cocktails with the help of your host – not forgetting dessert! Don your apron and get stuck into The Argentine Experience for a dinner party like no other.
To appreciate the wealth of wildlife, cultural interest and history in the Iguazu region, visit the Triple Border, walk the Macuco Path and meet the Guarani people.
Located in the Urugua-i Provinicial Park, the Uruzu Ranger Station is the park’s headquarters, and home to a vast network of trails that traverse the jungle.
In the northern tip of the Misiones, stretching from the National Highway No. 101 through the Iguazu´ National Park, the Atlantic Rainforest offers up well-preserved jungle, a two-hour drive from Awasi.
Nestled in the jungle, Awasi Iguazu is a luxuriously elegant property, harmoniously in sync with its surroundings. With just 14 villas, each with private guide, it’s a retreat from the outside world where the jungle becomes yours to explore as you wish. An exclusive, chic lodge, Awasi Iguazu is nestled in the dense tropical paradise of the Misiones jungle enveloping the private villas which have been expertly designed to blend in with their surroundings, while offering a sophisticated, elegant space. Only 20 minutes from the mighty Iguazu Falls, it is a dream destination for those looking to explore the flora and fauna of the area with experiences crafted for your individual taste.
Showcasing a diversity of wildlife, culture and natural landscapes, the Misiones region is rich with attractions and the programme of activities on offer at Awasi ensures you make the most of your time here. Accompanied by your private vehicle and guide, take to the jungle roads and experience the best of this stunning area, paying visits to archaeological sites, trekking through the forest, learning about the Misiones melting pot of cultures or enjoying a boat ride along the river, tucking into a sunset picnic alongside the falls themselves. After a day spent discovering the incredible natural beauty on your doorstep, the villas are a welcoming place to unwind.
There are 14 private villas at Awasi Iguazu, 13 standard villas and 1 master villa. All are raised above the jungle floor on stilts for minimum environmental impact and have been built using local woods and materials to help them blend in. Each boasts its own private plunge pool, an outdoor shower and spacious indoor living area, accommodating both families or couples.
The Villa can be made with 1 King or 2 Twin beds, Averaging 100sqm/1076sqft – Sitting area – Featuring a terrace and plunge pool, This villa overlooks the Atlantic and the rainforest, The Villas are built on stilts for minimal environmental impact and spread throughout the jungle. Each are positioned to provide the utmost privacy but are within easy distance from the main lodge, It is a standalone villa surrounded by jungle foliage and is connected to the main lodge by a stone walkway, En-suite bathroom with a bathtub and separate shower – Makeup mirror – Hairdryer – Bathrobes and slippers – Fueguia toiletries.
The Master Villa has 2 bedrooms, 1 with King bed and 1 with King or 2 Twin beds, Averaging 140sqm/1507sqft – Separate sitting area – Featuring a terrace and plunge pool, This villa overlooks the Atlantic and the rainforest. The Master Villa is positioned to provide the utmost privacy but is within easy distance from the main lodge, It is a standalone villa surrounded by jungle foliage and is connected to the main lodge by a stone walkway, 2 En-suite bathrooms, one with a bathtub and separate shower, the 2nd bathroom has a shower only – Makeup mirror – Hairdryer – Bathrobes and slippers – Fueguia toiletries.
Facilities at Awasi Iguazu include a restaurant and bar in the main lodge, the ideal spot for socialising after a day of adventures. The menu focuses on seasonal produce, with local inspiration.
Extremely impressive across the board, with colourful and well-designed dishes from breakfast until dinner, guests can either dine in the spacious restaurant or from the lofty outside veranda under the forest canopy. The small menu changes slightly every day, with cuts of local river fish, beef and lamb served alongside delicious vegetarian dishes like pumpkin gnocchi and herby lentil salads. The fish and meat empanadas are particularly yummy, and breakfast includes eggs, sandwiches, cereals, fresh fruit and juices.
Astute, multilingual and passionate about sharing Awasi with visitors from around the globe, everyone you’ll encounter on-site is an expert in their field. From ecologists and botanists, to tourism degree graduates and well-travelled bar and restaurant staff – you’re in extremely good hands. The guiding, in particular, is exceptional – making your head spin with facts and figures – on par with the best guides in southern Africa. On the facilities front, Awasi doesn’t boast things like a gym, sauna or Olympic-sized swimming pool, but who needs them when you’ve got the heat of a vast rainforest to explore on foot, in a car or by kayak?
Just 14 private jungle villas, each with its own plunge pool. And Master Villa with two bedrooms suited for families with private pool.