- With views to the Electric Valley and the Marconi Glacier, explora El Chaltén will open its doors in 2020. 17 km away from El Chaltén –in the Argentinean Patagonia– the lodge is a headquarter from where to explore a world-renowned destination by those who love nature and trekking.
- With a unique location, explora El Chaltén is the perfect headquarter from where to visit the amazing geography of the Argentinean Patagonia. We conduct explorations that go off the beaten track and delve deep into the natural surroundings of this region.
- Discover monumental Patagonia through carefully thought hikes in the Torres del Paine National Park in Chile, and the Los Glaciares National Park in Argentina.
- Spend your days in the company of an experienced guide and like-minded travellers whilst hiking in some of the world’s most pristine landscapes.
- During your time in El Chalten, you will enjoy a diverse range of explorations of varying duration and intensity, in which you will get to know the geology, the glaciology, the flora and fauna. During daily explorations you will cross the mountain ranges of Fitz Roy and Torre, formed 12 million years ago; traverse mature beech forests and valleys of the Patagonian prairie and skirt glaciers, rivers, waterfalls and lakes.
- With the typical design of the ancient Argentinean Patagonia estancias, our comfortable rooms are thought to ensure our travelers’ deep rest. They are the perfect place to recharge batteries after a day of exploration.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
A tour along the Beagle Channel is an invitation to see Ushuaia from a different viewpoint. We’ll set sail from Ushuaia’s commercial pier and cruise around Alicia Island. There, we’ll watch for seabirds like the steamer duck, sheldgoose, kelp gull, seagull, and snowy sheathbill. Near the Mary Ann and Les Eclaireus island we’ll observe South American sea lions and fur seals, as well as both imperial and rock shags. In addition to seeing the Les Eclaireus lighthouse, we’ll learn about the 1930 shipwreck of the SS Monte Cervantes.
There are many adventures for guests to embark on within the reserve, from tranquil nature walks exploring the rich biodiversity of the region to more active guided treks to the summits of Turbal and Cerro Alarkén.
Set sail from Ushuaia’s pier onward to Alicia Island. There, we’ll focus on birdwatching: the steamer duck, sheldgoose, kelp gull and seagulls, and the snowy sheathbill. We’ll visit the Les Eclaireus lighthouse before sailing on to Martillo Island where we’ll observe a colony of Magellanic penguins – and perhaps some Gentoo penguins as well!
Hop aboard the free shuttle to the city to indulge in some retail therapy at the “End of the World” in Ushuaia.
Considered by both local mountaineers and experts alike the best hike that Tierra del Fuego has to offer. On the ascent, we’ll encounter a variety of surroundings, including peat bogs, rivers, creeks, waterfalls, and the stunningly beautiful Laguna de los Témpanos, located at 725 meters above sea level at the base of the glacier. We’ll make our way there to explore its caves, crevasses, and moraines. Your efforts will be handsomely rewarded by the overall experience and the power of the landscape.
With views to the Electric Valley and the Marconi Glacier, explora El Chaltén will open its doors in 2020. 17 km away from El Chaltén –in the Argentinean Patagonia– the lodge is a headquarter from where to explore a world-renowned destination by those who love nature and trekking. With a unique location, explora El Chaltén is the perfect headquarter from where to visit the amazing geography of the Argentinean Patagonia. We conduct explorations that go off the beaten track and delve deep into the natural surroundings of this region. During daily explorations you will cross the mountain ranges of Fitz Roy and Torre, formed 12 million years ago; traverse mature beech forests and valleys of the Patagonian prairie and skirt glaciers, rivers, waterfalls and lakes.
Patagonia is not a country nor a place. It is a vast territory shared by Chile and Argentina, whose remarkable geography –shaped by mountains, glaciers, lakes, and rivers– offers countless exploration opportunities. To travel through the vastness of the Argentinean Patagonia –from its valley and rivers to its mountains and glaciers– along with our bilingual guides and marked by the seal of the world’s leading expedition company: That is the experience we invite you to enjoy in each of our explorations. All our programs include accommodations, transfers to and from the airport, meals and beverages, and a selection of exploration routes designed by our outdoors team.
117 rooms and 14 suites offer oversized windows with views of Beagle Channel, Ushuaia, and the Nature Reserve’s mountains and valleys. Accommodations feature contemporary décor and hardwood floors. The rooms at Arakur Ushuaia are decorated with contemporary design details and equipped with state-of-the-art comfort technology, which includes heating and lightning smart control systems.
The 66 guestrooms have panoramic bay views and 45 rooms overlooking the mountains and valleys. Elegantly decorated with contemporary design and equipped with the latest comfort technology.
20 rooms with panoramic views to the Beagle Channel and Ushuaia Bay, with two 1.40 metre double beds to enjoy with your family or friends. Elegantly decorated with contemporary design details and equipped with the latest comfort technology.
Triple rooms with northern views to the Andorra and Río Chico valleys. Elegantly decorated with contemporary design details and equipped with the latest comfort technology.
Senior Suites have two comfortable rooms which include a living room and bedroom.
At Arakur, the “Haute Cuisine” shines in a unique environment with an unparalleled view of the bay and the city, the Beable Channel, valleys, mountains, and the Vinciguerra Glacier. Expect a truly mouth-watering array of international and traditional menus at the first-class La Cravia restaurant or, for something lighter, head to the beautiful Lobby Bar or Pool Bar.
Typical flavors from Tierra del Fuego can be enjoyed “La Cravia” restaurant that offers Argentine and international meals to be ordered either from the menu or to be served at the buffet, with a capacity of 150 people. Argentine barbecue, spider crab, lamb and black hake are some of choices to enjoy together with incredible views from the city and the bay.
A piano bar with large windows that invites guests to enjoy drinks with Fuegian platters.
Located in the pool area, it offers snacks, natural fruit juices and drinks.
Having those who live nature intensely in mind, Arakur was desinged to enjoy multiple outings and activities.
- Paths which run through Cerro Alarkén nature reserve and its surroundings have their starting points at the doors of this Resort.
- Guided trekking circuits with different levels of difficulty: Turbal and Cerro Alarkén summit.
- Arroyo Grande meadows.
- Río Chico Waterfall and beaver lodges.
- Forest footpath. Ascent to Cortés Hill.
- Andorra Valley, Vinciguerra Glacier and Iceberg Lagoon.
- Wildlife watching within Reserva Natural Cerro Alarkén.
Spa & Pool
Unwind in one of the largest pools area in the region, with three different offerings: a 17 meter lap pool, an in-out relaxing pool with two sections of whirlpools, and a children’s pool, all with panoramic views. Water jets, hot tubs, kids’s pool, watersports. More than 300 sqm of water bodies resulting from rainfall and glacier melting; treated and heated for each particular use.
The fitness center, devoted to physical care, is equipped with state-of-the-art Technogym exercise machines.