- Mount Mulligan Lodge resides in Far North Queensland’s rugged outback, providing a laid-back luxury, secluded escape in an area rich with Australian history. Remotely located west of Cairns, the lodge is accessible via a 35-minute scenic helicopter ride or 2.5-hour 4WD adventure.
- Situated at the base of Mount Mulligan, sacred to local indigenous people, this private, outback chic, 28,000-hectare property bears the marks of the historic gold & coal rush and as a working cattle station, the pastoral history of Australia.
- Ensuring an intimate escape, the lodge offer just 8 guestrooms, each with its own deep tin bathtub on the verandah overlooking the river. Packages include on-site gourmet meals, a personal electric buggy at your disposal to explore the sprawling property and unlimited use of kayaks and fishing gear.
- Cocktails and canapés are served in the Sunset Bar atop a nearby hill, looking out to the mountain range, or in the main deck. Cuisine showcases a bounty of locally-sourced, caught and freshly-grown seasonal fare.
- Notch up laps in the sublime infinity pool at the edge of the weir. Throw a line in the river, watch wallabies at play or go exploring. Take a gourmet picnic hamper and escape to one of the many private locations around the property.
- Rural adventures: kayaking, fishing, ATV rides, hiking and helicopter tours. History-buffs will love visiting the derelict remains of Mount Mulligan’s township and mine, which have a storied past.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Mt Mulligan Lodge offers modern laid-back luxury in the rugged outback of North Queensland & allows you to go completely off the grid & reconnect with the great outdoors. The tranquil lodge is nestled in the dramatic 18 km long sandstone escarpment of Mt Mulligan, the vast outback sky & the eucalyptus woodlands stretching to the horizon. The secluded 28,000-hectare property is a working cattle station. The main pavilion is a generous, luxurious take on pastoral living, with its shimmering roof, high ceilings, recycled timber beams & lavish camp-style chairs. Here guests enjoy exceptional locally sourced, caught & foraged seasonal dishes accented with native & bush foods, complemented with boutique Australian wines.
Four pavilions house up to 16 guests. The bespoke features compliment the landscape, from the chestnut-toned timber and earthy hues in the alluring sleeping areas, to lustrous stone bathrooms & generous verandahs with deep rustic bathtubs. Each suite is private; yet offers captivating views of the sparkling weir & the imposing ridges of Mt Mulligan, a site of indigenous significance. Guests are immersed in the region’s rich gold & coal rush history thru daily excursions on a 4WD safari to historical goldmines with Australia’s oldest operating gold crusher, exploration of the historic coal mine & abandoned township, ATV adventures & guided nature walks. Activities include fishing for Barramundi, stargazing, sunset drinks overlooking the escarpment, scenic helicopter flights, wildlife spotting, signature dining & chef-prepared gourmet picnic hampers. All-inclusive rates, warm service and a chance to explore the rugged beauty & history of this stunning region combine to offer guests a genuine & luxurious outback retreat.
The lodge accommodates just 16 guests in spacious guest retreats that complement the landscape and offer a luxurious and charming take on pastoral living. Each retreat is a sanctuary overlooking a eucalyptus-fringed weir and views of the ever-changing moods of Mount Mulligan.
The spacious retreats are contemporary and luxurious; yet retain a raw external charm with their spotted gum timber cladding, pitched roofs and deep verandahs. Inside, the earthy-tones of the plush linen, sisal rugs and lavish leather furniture give a rich sense of place, mirroring the hues found in the landscape outside. With its dark grey stone tiles and bronze fittings, the ensuite bathroom is both luxurious and calming. Slide open the glass and timber doors onto your private deck to run a deep outdoor bath, offering uninterrupted views of the Northern Queensland outback.
The spacious retreats are made for flexibility: the Outback Room is perfect for those travelling individually or as a duo, while the Outback Suite, with its adjoining lounge room, is ideal for those looking for additional space to unwind. The lounge is spacious, with a cosy wood-burning fire and private deck. The Outback Pavilion is the ultimate getaway for families and groups, with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a communal lounge. One of the pavilions is wheelchair accessible and guests are assigned their own electric buggy to explore the sprawling property with ease.
Additional features in all retreats include; complimentary room mini-bar, daily housekeeping, optional climate control, complimentary laundry service, wi-fi, binoculars, yoga mats, music system (with MP3 input) and a safe. There are no TVs in any of the room types.
Mt Mulligan Lodge offers a light, contemporary and daily-changing menu that showcases a bounty of locally-sourced, caught and freshly-grown seasonal fare. The menu puts a flavoursome twist on outback living, featuring a tasting plate of kangaroo tataki, miso cream, tea-soaked egg, wasabi granola and hearty mains such as grass-fed Bushy Creek beef, charred peppers, manzanilla olive, lemon myrtle, smoked chimichurri.
Each meal will inspire and delight with tales of local provenance. The cellar has been crafted to ensure harmony between cuisine, climate and environment featuring iconic and boutique wines from Australia’s renowned wine regions. Included in your stay are a selection of quality Australian wines, beers, soft drinks and house spirits. The main pavilion bar is open throughout the day to enjoy poolside cocktails, with a vista of majestic Mount Mulligan. The cellar beverage list features Australian favourites as well as some beautiful wines from around the world.
The activities at Mt Mulligan Lodge have been designed to make the most of the rugged outback territory and luxury lodge Queensland. Mt Mulligan Lodge offers guided tours of the goldfields including a sighting of Australia’s oldest gold crusher at Tyrconnell, exploration of the historic Mount Mulligan coal mine and abandoned township, ATV adventures discovering the history and beauty of the region, chef-prepared gourmet picnic hampers, wildlife spotting, sunset drinks overlooking the escarpment, stargazing, hikes around the southern face of Mount Mulligan, Barramundi fishing in the weir, scenic helicopter flights and the chance to experience the day-to-day operations of a working cattle station.