- Silky Oaks Lodge enjoys a privileged riverside location on 88 acres on the edge of the primeval, World Heritage-listed Daintree Forest. A 90-minute drive north from Cairns, this is a eco luxury rainforest hideaway with freshwater swimming, a decent-sized spa and accommodation in 40 well-appointed treehouses.
- Surrounded by trees and rampant vegetation, the tropical-luxe treehouse rooms are romantic and cosy and come with a balcony and hammock ready to sway in the afternoon breeze.
- Suspended above the Mossman River, dining in the open-air Treehouse Restaurant with the sights & sounds of the rainforest, creates an extraordinary backdrop for enjoying fine cuisine in a contemporary Australian style.
- The Healing Waters Spa has seven treatment rooms and offers therapies using Australian Sodashi beauty products. There is also tennis court, complimentary yoga by the river, a lagoon-style swimming pool & gift shop.
- A highlight of a stay here is the chance to swim in the river at two billabong locations. Canoes, kayaks, snorkels and bikes are available for complimentary use and there are two signposted hiking trails plus a guided group-walk at dusk.
- Optional experiences range from driving safaris, indigenous guided walks, snorkelling and diving the Great Barrier Reef and helicopter tours for those seeking the ultimate exploration of the area.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Silky Oaks Lodge is located in a stunning riverside location adjoining one of the oldest living rainforests – the World Heritage listed Daintree National Park, and offers a stylish tropical hideaway from which to explore Far North Queensland. The luxury eco lodge comprises the renowned open sided Treehouse restaurant offering fine dining in scenic surrounds, luxury suites with both custom designed and furnished Billabong, River and Treehouses, and the highly lauded Healing Waters Spa. The Lodge has elegantly furnished interiors and spacious open lounge areas, bar, library & lagoon pool. All rooms have wall to ceiling windows leading to spacious balconies with lush garden, rainforest or river panoramas. Inspired by ancient wisdoms that celebrated the Mossman River as a renewing and life-giving force, the award-winning Healing Waters Spa offers a relaxing retreat among the tranquil sounds of the forest.
Hiking trails leading from the Lodge into the Daintree National Park offer adventure as well as beautiful locations to photograph or picnic. Canoeing, river snorkeling, paddling, goanna spotting, biking, guided walks or yoga classes followed by a swim in the river are just some of the activities available at the Lodge. There are endless options to explore the diversity of the surrounding region. Take a dreamtime walk at Mossman Gorge, snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef or experience traditional hunting techniques at nearby Cooya Beach. Journey to remote Cape Tribulation with Silky Oaks Safaris visiting ancient refugial rainforests as well as venturing down the Daintree River marveling at the diverse flora & Birdlife.
At Silky Oaks Lodge, we wish to make your stay as relaxing as possible. Warm and welcoming, our elegant Treehouse style accommodation has been exquisitely designed to offer you complete privacy in a tranquil space.
Our boutique luxury lodge has 36 secluded Treehouse rooms and 4 breath taking suites. All Treehouses include in your rate:
- Full Gourmet Breakfast daily
- Free wifi
- Morning Yoga
- One Guided Rainforest Walk
- One return scheduled shuttle to Port Douglas per day
- Evening Treehouse turndown service
- Use of river kayaks, mountain bikes, fitness centre and tennis court
The beautiful suites boast marble bathrooms, king size beds, a Nespresso coffee machine, mini bar and complimentary WI-FI access. Five of the seven suites also feature stone fireplaces. Additional room facilities include luxurious linens, LED TV, plush robes and slippers, Appelles bathroom amenities, as well as a reading nook and work station.
Lodge Spa Suites
The three Spa Suites feature fireplaces, spa baths, mini bar, king size beds, Nespresso machine and LED TVs. Additional facilities include open bluestone fireplaces, marble bathrooms, plush robes and slippers, reading nook and work station, as well as a personal veranda.
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, our a-la-carte menus are a showcase of vibrant, tropical produce. Our Kitchen Brigade, work closely with the region’s farmers and line fisherman to source fresh, seasonal ingredients. Our Chef, further inspired by the local natural environment, has created an outstanding menu of modern Australian cuisine. Amongst classic combinations, you will also find Crocodile, Kangaroo and Native seasonings worked sympathetically with European and Asian influences.
Inspired by the fresh, seasonal, local produce and regional wines of the Scenic Rim and Granite Belt, the contemporary Australian a la carte menu delivers a culinary taste sensation.
Set among lush rainforest gardens, the Healing Waters Spa is inspired by ancient wisdoms that celebrate water in the Mossman River as a renewing and life-giving force. A signature menu of rejuvenation treatments has been crafted to nurture the mind and body and feature the Australian-made Sodashi skin care range. Step into the Healing Waters Spa to relax into the spirit of the Daintree Rainforest.
Silky Oaks Lodge offers a range of complimentary and optional experiences, giving you the opportunity to connect with the region’s stunning natural wonders and attractions. Whether it is adventure, romance, rejuvenation or exploration you are looking for, these activities make the most of your Tropical North Queensland experience.
Healing Waters Spa
Massages and beauty treatments are very popular in the spa, after a long day’s hiking or mountain biking through the hinterland scenery.