- Thalia Haven is a dramatic, luxury off-the-grid stone lodge on Kangaroo Island. Set on a private 130-acre wooded peninsula surrounded by the crystal-blue waters of Tasmania’s Great Oyster Bay.
- Imagine a rocky headland overlooking crystal clear seas. Revel in complete privacy: a private white sand beach and 4 km of coastline amid 130 acres on the East Coast of Tasmania. Feel the security of ancient stone. Thalia Haven is for people seeking relaxation and seclusion in a spectacular wild setting within an hour’s drive of Hobart Airport.
- Thalia accommodates up to ten guests in four stone cottages, arranged around flowered courtyards by the ocean’s edge.
- Awake to the sound of the sea, as rays from the rising sun play on the granite Hazards of Freycinet. Rock-hop to wander on your private beach. With windswept hair and the taste of the salt spray on your skin, yield to the invitation of an outdoor bath under the stars. Be spellbound by the moon rising over the bay. Prepare a gourmet extravaganza in your professionally equipped kitchen. Relax by a roaring fire.
- his lodge is considered to have the world’s most scenic outdoor bathtub.
- Thalia is a bold yet congenial showcase of self-reliance: all your water, electricity, and warmth are derived from Thalia’s land, breezes and sunshine.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Thalia offers a special experience for those seeking a dramatic, private, wild experience on Tasmania’s East Coast. From a rocky headland overlooking crystal clear seas, enjoy your own private white sand beach and stone house an hour’s drive from Hobart airport. Breakfast provisions and a well-stocked pantry are provided free of charge. Thalia is located on Great Oyster Bay, one of the most beautiful bodies of water in the world. Mid-way between Orford and Swansea, the East Coast’s many pleasures (Wineglass Bay, Maria Island, the Douglas-Apsley National Park, the East Coast wineries, the penguins at Bicheno) are pleasant day trips from Thalia.
Privacy, comfort, luxury, room to play Thalia is set on the sea on 130 acres of coastal bushland which include 4 km of coastline and your own private white sand beach. Thalia is off the beaten track: you are miles from the nearest road and from the nearest neighbour. Thalia is off the grid: power is from the sun and wind, both of which provide ample energy for a host of comforts. Four separate pavilions allow for plenty of space to relax together, or apart. There’s a sauna, outdoor bath, and outdoor shower overlooking Great Oyster Bay. Bedrooms are equipped with king-sized beds with custom-made duvets. Every room offers sweeping ocean views. The house is built from ancient stone, wonderful to sleep in.
The living room overlooks the granite peaks of Freycinet, Schouten Island and the set of islands known as the Hen and Chickens. The wall of windows opens fully to allow the sounds and smells of the sea into the living room. Games, paints, and puzzles are there for your enjoyment. Imagine peaceful daytimes enjoying the view, and evenings sipping wine as you watch the flames leap in the massive stone fireplace.
Thalia’s four bedrooms sleep up to eight people. Each bedroom has a comfy king-sized bed, Egyptian cotton sheets, and custom-made duvet. Every room offers sweeping ocean views, and the sea can be heard from every window. Thick stone walls ensure a feeling of comfort and security: awake feeling refreshed and restored!.
Cooks will appreciate Thalia Haven’s fully equipped kitchen with four-burner gas range. A complimentary pantry offers cooking and baking ingredients. A profusion of culinary herbs awaits outside the kitchen door. If you love to cook, you will delight in Thalia’s kitchen, offering sharp knives, all sizes of bakeware along with the opportunity to cook over fire in the kitchen’s cooking fireplace.
You’ll find ample space for your group to cook, eat and play together: the main building has space for a crowd, with huge open fireplaces in the living and dining rooms. The kitchen features a cooking fireplace, a full range of cookware and a pantry of staples for you to help yourselves.
Your stay includes full access to Thalia’s pantry. We stock a choice of cereals along with necessities for a range of cooking styles. Baking supplies, spices, all manner of teas and coffees, oils and vinegars invite guests to create and indulge.
The main building has a library, a huge kitchen/dining room, complete with gourmet pantry and every possible cooking utenisil to satisfy the most ambitious of gourmands. Both the living room and dining room have huge fire places making this retreat a haven for cool autumn and winter days as much as it is the perfect beach location for a secluded summer stay.