- Located in a magical Himalayan Kingdom, Six Senses Bhutan features five intimate lodges in Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Gangtey and Bumthang, focused on wellness and sustainability. All within 5-6 hours drive from each other, or a domestic flight to Bumthang. These are some of the finest remote lodges found in Asia.
- Guests may visit one of the lodges or, to have the best experiences that Bhutan has to offer, we can plan a tailor-made Bhutan journey that will include a combination of the lodges.
- The lodges are governed by the Six Senses guiding principles which include spa, wellness, healthy eating, comfort in sleep in addition to a journey of self-discovery within Bhutan’s beauty of spirituality, culture and nature.
- Six Senses Thimphu, Six Senses Punakha and Six Senses Paro are open and accepting reservations.
- Six Senses Thimphu brings rustic luxury to new heights in Bhutan’s capital. The lodge is beautifully located on a mountain hillside providing a grandiose view of the Kingdom’s forested valley. The largest among the lodges, it comprises of 20 suites and 5 villas, bringing exclusivity to its tranquil setting. Its opulent design incorporates heritage with lobby-reflecting ponds, earning the lodge a nickname of “Palace in the Sky”.
- Six Senses Punakha is a boutique experience bringing a rustic high-end twist to its stunning setting amidst rice fields and vegetable gardens. Nestled on the valley floor with relatively warmer climate, it is an excellent base for hiking activities and visiting cultural Dzongs in the surrounding areas. Each of its 16 suites and 3 villas are fitted with floor-to-ceiling windows, guaranteeing stunning in-room vistas all around. Facilities include all-day dining restaurant, library, heated outdoor pool, living room and lounge.
- Six Senses Paro, situated in a striking location overlooking Paro Valley, offers spectacular views and offers one of the collection’s most scenic settings. Comprised of expansive suites and villas, Six Senses Paro brings a new level of luxury to Bhutan. Facilities include an all day dining restaurant, bar and lounge, relaxing living room and Six Senses Spa complete with yoga room, private meditation area and indoor pool.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Flexible itinerary depending on your needs and preference. We are happy to arrange your itinerary to fit your interests, allowing you to explore and enjoy the Kingdom of Bhutan at your own pace.
The Happiest Place on Earth now has even more ways to make you smile. Six Senses Bhutan will take you on a spectacular journey, in the truest sense of the word. The resort spans five intimate lodges, spread throughout the breath-taking landscapes of Thimphu, Punakha, Gangtey, Bumthang and Paro. Every detail of the guest lodges reflects the heritage and hospitality of the colorful Kingdom of Bhutan. But what makes this place truly special is that each property has its own unique design, look and feel. Hence, the ultimate Six Senses Bhutan experience is one where you experience them all.
Thimphu Lodge, the ‘Palace in the Sky’ sits 2,650 meters high up on the mountainside, surrounded by pine forests and orchards on the edge of Bhutan’s capital and is the largest of the lodges within Six Senses Bhutan. Thimphu Lodge sits, watching over the capital city of Thimphu, creating a luxury retreat within easy reach of the capital’s attractions. The prayer pavilion offers stunning 180-degree views over the valley, taking in nearby monasteries and the gigantic golden Buddha statue at Buddha Dordenma.
Punakha Lodge, also known as the ‘Flying Farmhouse’, is nestled high up amongst the abundant rice terraces, overlooking the valley of Punakha. An iconic giant wooden glass box, designed in the style of a local farmhouse, floats over the terraces, honouring the regions agricultural heritage. At 1,400 feet, Punakha experiences a warmer climate than much of the rest of Bhutan making the heated outdoor pool at Punakha Lodge the perfect spot to relax and take in the rolling green views.
Paro Lodge, has been desgined to maximise its spectacular views over the valley of Paro and is well positioned to explore some of Bhutan’s most spectacular sites, full of hiking opportunities, historical dzongs and of course it is the location of Bhutan’s iconic Tiger’s Nest monastery.
Six Senses Bhutan will move you – to pause and think. Located within the beautiful Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan, featuring pristine forests and mountain ranges, Six Senses Bhutan offers 82 spacious villas and suites with stunning views spread across five valleys. This colorful Kingdom is guided by the philosophy of Gross National Happiness (GNH), which is carefully woven into the design and operations of Six Senses Bhutan.
Six Senses Bhutan offers 82 spacious villas and suites, starting from 645 square feet for the suites and up to 3,681 square feet for the three-bedroom villas.
20 Suites measuring 721 sq.ft. indoors (67 sq.m.) and 97 sq.ft. outdoors (9 sq.m.). 3 One-Bedroom Villas measuring 1,453 sq.ft. indoors (135 sq.m.) and 344 sq.ft. outdoors (32 sq.m.). Living Room for 48 guests. All-day Dining Restaurant for 60 guests indoors and 16 guests outdoors. Private Dining Room for 10 guests. Bar and Lounge for 29 guests. Banquet facilities for 60 guests. Six Senses Spa and Wellness Center with five single rooms,one double room, gym, manicure and pedicure room.
16 Suites measuring 721 sq.ft. indoors (67 sq.m.) and 398 sq.ft. outdoors (37 sq.m.). 1 One-Bedroom Villa measuring 1,312 sq.ft. (122 sq.m) indoors and 344 sq.ft. (32 sq.m) outdoors, with private pool. Living Room and Lounge for 16 guests. All-day Dining Restaurant for 38 guests indoors and 16 guests outdoors. Library for six guests. Six Senses Spa and Wellness Center with three single rooms, gym, two meditation huts, yoga facilities. Outdoor Pool.
8 Suites measuring 689 sq.ft. indoors (64 sq.m.) and 118 sq.ft. outdoors (11 sq.m.). 1 Two-Bedroom Villa measuring 2,260 sq.ft. indoors (210 sq.m.) and 205 sq.ft. outdoors (19 sq.m.). Arrival Deck for 10 guests. Library for four guests. Movie and Gaming room for six guests. Living Room and Lounge for 16 guests. All-day Dining Restaurant for 20 guests indoors. Fire Pit Relaxation Area for 17 guests.
8 Suites measuring 780 sq.ft. indoors (72.5 sq.m.) and 205 sq.ft. outdoors (19 sq.m.). 1 Two-Bedroom Villa measuring 2,422 sq.ft. indoors (225 sq.m.) and 366 sq.ft. outdoors (34 sq.m.). Library for four guests. Living Room and Lounge for 24 guests. All-day Dining Restaurant for 24 guests indoors and 12 guests outdoors. Six Senses Spa and Wellness Center with two single rooms, hot stone bath facilities.
16 Suites measuring 646 sq.ft. indoors (60 sq.m.) 2 One-Bedroom Villas measuring 1,399 sq.ft. indoors (130 sq.m.) and 323 sq.ft. indoors (30 sq.m.). 1 Two-Bedroom Villa measuring 2,798 sq.ft. indoors. Living Room for 24 guests indoors and 34 outdoors. All-day Dining Restaurant for 56 guests indoors and 14 guests outdoors. Bar for six guests. Banquet facilities for 32 guests.
A truly delicious journey is about getting a deep flavor of the local environment and traditions. That’s why the culinary and mixology teams draw inspiration from local herbs and plants, crafting nutritious and tasty menus and cocktails (try the butterfly-pea flower daquiris).
Thimphu Dining & Bar
Each lodge features a Six Senses Spa and Wellness Village with a layered approach to well-being. Dining options highlight local ingredients from our organic gardens as well as a 17-acre (7-hectare) sustainable village. Activities include a wide range of experiences such as hiking, trekking and mountain biking.
Guests can also experience the rich spirituality of Bhutan by exploring temples, monasteries and religious sites. Buddhist monks are available to lead butter lamp offerings, special blessing ceremonies and guided meditations. To uncover the tradition and culture of the Kingdom, activities such as farming, archery, traditional weaving, mushroom foraging and more offer an inside glimpse of local life.
Paro Spa & Pool
First indulge in a massage then dive into our heated indoor pool and enjoy the stunning view! Choose from signature massages and specialist therapies provided by global practitioners, to functional fitness, personalized wellness and nutritional programs. What unites our spas around the world is our passion to go beyond the ordinary to ensure positive and lasting benefits. Say hello to a new you.