- Rustic and comfortable mobile camping allows you to get closer than ever to the spectacular African wilderness, with the same personalised &Beyond experience.
- Your entire journey will be hosted by our most senior and experienced private guides who offer a wealth of knowledge about your chosen destinations and an engaging experience throughout your adventure.
- Your mobile camping adventure is fully inclusive – from the time you arrive in Botswana, every aspect of your journey will be conveniently organised for you.
- This ultimate African safari adventure guarantees an intimate, exclusive experience with a minimum of two guests and a maximum of six guests per departure, ensuring window seats on game drives for all. Children over 12 years of age are welcome.
- Experience the very best of the Okavango Delta with the perfect combination of land and water activities such as private boat cruises, game drives, mokoro excursions and fishing (seasonal).
- Maximum of six guests – all have 4×4 window seats.
- Bush walks and mokoro expeditions.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Sundowner cruises are also a great way of seeing buffalo up close as they come out of the shade to graze in the cooler evenings and elephants as they wade in the river.
Morning and afternoon game drives to explore the game rich landscape of Botswana. &Beyond’s professionally trained guides will ask you about your favourite wildlife and will do their best to ensure that your preferences are met, whether it is tracking a particular species or spending more time enjoying each sighting and getting to know the habits of the animals. They will also tell you about the vegetation of the region and will explain the behaviour of the animals that you come across. In some cases, the guides will be able to identify individual animals and let you know about their history and habits.
These trips allow you to cover more ground, and should allow you to see more of the landscape, although some of the wildlife may be scared off by the motor. (Seasonal activity).
The Delta is probably best known for its Mokoro rides. These are boating trips through the maze like channels and shallow lagoons of the Delta. They are conducted in traditional boats which are called Mokoros. These sturdy boats used to be hand crafted out of large Delta trees. Today most of the boats used in the Delta are fiber glass replicas, to prevent the cutting down and depletion of the Delta’s magnificent trees.
Try your hand at catching the fierce tiger fish, or Tilapia in the Okavango Delta. Not all water based camps in the Okavango allow fishing, but some camps do allow fishing on a catch and release basis. Most of the fishing however takes place in the Panhandle region where the Okavango River enters the Delta.
Combine the dramatic landscapes of the renowned Nxai Pans National Park (home to the annual zebra migration) with the game rich Okavango Delta on this unforgettable six night mobile camping adventure. This journey has been specifically tailored for those who have shorter leave periods or would just like to sample mobile camping before moving on to lodge accommodation. It has been scheduled for departure during the months of February and April, when the Nxai Pan’s rainy season attracts the zebra mega herd as well as various plains game (and the predators who accompany them) to the now filled waterholes and lush grazing. Enjoy a brilliant combination of water and land activities in the Delta that range from game drives to mokoro excursions and fishing.
Rooms are spacious and provide complete facilities provided in safari tents and also affording privacy whilst remaining within comfortable distance from the main camp area. One of the main draw cards to selecting &Beyond Expeditions as your next adventure is the rustic and comfortable mobile camping accommodation.
Luxury Tented Camps
Over the course of 8 nights, 3 different luxury tents will be set up for our campers surrounded by natural habitat of wildlife. These tents will not only give you the feel of living in the wild but also provide you with luxury items to make you as comfortable as you can get to fully enjoy the safari. You will be provided with bath towels, bed linen, bucket shower, dome tent, hand towels and oil/paraffin lamps to make you feel relaxed and at home after a long day of adventure.
Food is an important part of safari experience. Enjoy shared meals with your friends in a tent after a day full of fun, games and adventure. Healthy and nutritious food will be provided in warm and friendly environment to keep you at go.
Dining in the African bush is an experience that ignites all 5 senses, a spectacular safari setting featuring fresh local ingredients and wildlife views.
Enjoy full serviced mobile camping. By this we mean that you can expect the renowned & beyond service during your adventure such as a butler, housekeeper and chefs who prepare the most scrumptious pan African menus.
Accommodation is in spacious expedition dome tents(4 metres x 4 metres in size), comfortable beds, ensuite bathroom (3 metres x 3 metres in size), separate w.c. and hot bucket shower.
Mobile camp boasts three ensuite safari tents.
As this is the quintessential African safari experience there is no electricity in camps, but cell phones, cameras and other electronic devices can be charged in the safari vehicle.