- The semi-mobile tented camps of &Beyond Savute Under Canvas are carefully positioned at exclusive wilderness campsites in the expansive Savute corner of Chobe National Park, offering exceptional game viewing opportunities.
- The rustic charm of camping combined with the comfort of full service, a flush toilet and a steaming hot bucket shower.
- Known for the enigmatic Savute Channel, which flows and dries up intermittently, independently of rainfall, vastly changing the nature of the region; the Savute Channel is currently flowing for the first time in 30 years.
- Explore the area on your morning and afternoon game drives.
- Dine beneath the stars with friendly butler service.
- Photograph the majestic baobab trees that loom over the reserve.
- Perfect for nature lovers, seasoned bush lovers, repeat travellers, photographers and birders.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Game viewing in Savute is remote and wild. Savute is a famous battleground for lions and spotted hyena, and with grazing now plentiful, guests can now also enjoy frequent sightings of zebra, wildebeest, buffalo, giraffe, tsessebe and kudu. andBeyond’s professionally trained guides will ask you about your favourite wildlife and will do their best to ensure that your preferences are met, whether it is tracking a particular species or spending more time enjoying each sighting and getting to know the habits of the animals. They will also tell you about the vegetation of the region and will explain the behaviour of the animals that you come across. In some cases, the guides will be able to identify individual animals and let you know about their history and habits.
With a dedicated game ranger and tracker, as well as a private game drive vehicle, guests have the luxury of tailor-making their own safari experience; choosing their own game drive times and spending as much time as they want at sightings.
andBeyond Savute Under Canvas reaches far beyond the bounds of the traditional Botswana safari – this mobile tented camp, situated in remote and beautiful corners of Botswana, offers guests a safari of a lifetime. This intimate camp features just five ensuite safari tents, carefully positioned in exclusive semi-permanent campsites in the expansive Savute Corner of central Chobe National Park, offering exceptional game viewing opportunities. Booked on a nightly basis, each ensuite mobile tent boasts a comfortable double bed, ensuite bathroom, flush w.c. and bucket shower – this is the ultimate in wilderness camping. The guest areas comprise comfortable tents for dining, meeting for a pre-dinner drink, or just for whiling the time away between safaris – complete with delicious home-baked meals and traditional bush dinners served under the stars.
Savute, a remote and wild corner of Chobe National Park, stretches from the park’s northern boundaries to the Linyanti River. It’s named after the enigmatic Savute Channel, which flows and dries up intermittently, seemingly unrelated to rainfall: it flowed in 2009, again in 2013 and no-one can say when it will flow again.
The five tented rooms have a comfortable double bed, an en suite bathroom and a separate shower room with hot bucket showers. The main mess tent has a spacious living area and also a dining area if the weather does not permit you to dine outside. Most meals are spent around the camp fire with the sounds of the African bush all around you.The service and guiding at Savute are excellent, you will want for nothing and come away with a truly memorable and authentic African safari experience.
Spacious, comfortable mobile safari tents, each with twin or double bed, ensuite bathroom, seperate wc(water closet/toilet) and alfresco bucket shower, with hot water delivered on request.
Savute under Canvas has a comfortable mess tent with a dining area although most meals are eaten outside, either in camp or at a suitable spot in the bush, in a shady spot in the heat of the day, or lit by lanterns by night.
Other room facilities provided are En-Suite and Outside Shower. Laundry Service and Room Service (24 hours) will also be provided to you.