- The Lodge is the ultimate private African safari experience. Located in the heart of the truly spectacular Kalahari landscape in Botswana.
- Remember a forgotten part of Botswana; come to Feline Fields by Mantis. Absolutely pristine, even the skies are barren of man-made flight. This vast Kalahari desert is alive with life. African elephants, leopards, gemsbok, brown hyenas and the occasional pack of wild dogs roam freely over the endless semi-desert planes.
- There is an ancient soul that ignites this place; it is heard in the rapid syllables of the Ju-Huansi and Kung! Bushmen songs that flame night fires. These wise desert nomads have been here for thousands of years; living as their ancestors did. We are privileged to be able to introduce you to them so you can learn their ways.
- The Suites at Feline Fields by Mantis are positioned on the edge of a woodland and designed to fit into, conserve, and give you unlimited views of the surrounding landscape.
- The Suites are designed on a 1,000 sqf, raised wooden deck made from sustainably sourced hardwood. Wood, clay and thatch open-air structures that are cleverly designed to protect guests from the elements.
- Fat bikes, with tires thick enough to cycle through sand, are a novel way to explore the wilderness. Those who choose to stay by the lodge’s main 25-metre pool may find thirsty elephants come to them.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Game drives to experience unique desert wildlife! such as brown hyena, bat eared fox and if you’re lucky enough you might even spot a lion or elephant wandering the concession.
Get up close and personal with our families of meerkats. Head out from camp just as the sun it rising, so that you are on the ground as these little guys set off in search of their breakfast. Walk amongst them (you’re not allowed to touch or feed them) and if you take a seat you might be lucky enough to be mistaken for a termite mound, where you’ll be used as a look out point for predators.
Spend time walking and interacting with a group of Zu/’hoasi Bushmen and gain insight into their ancient culture.
Enjoy a 2 hour morning or afternoon leisurely Horse Riding activity across the pans with our Expert Horse riding guide.The 2 hour Horse Riding activity is an additional activity offered and it is not included in the nightly rate. 2 Hour Horse Riding Activity is on offer either in the morning or afternoon (or both) Guests booking the Horse Riding activity will forfeit the other Camp activities running at the same time. Children above 8 years of age are welcome.
During the dry season, go quad biking across the lunar expanse of the pans.
A visit to the Fallen Baobab – one of the three largest and oldest trees in Africa.
During the green season, experience the spectacular migration of zebra and wildebeest – the second biggest in Africa, and the last remaining in Southern Africa.
Feline Fields The Lodge by Mantis is the ultimate private African luxury safari experience. Located in the heart of the truly spectacular Kalahari landscape in Botswana. Experience the wonders of Botswana in style, witnessing exciting wildlife spectacles and stunning landscapes from a luxury lodge and mobile camp. In the starkly beautiful, semi-desert Kalahari The Lodge is a luxurious oasis and the ultimate private safari experience. Khwai Camp, located along the lush Khwai River, is a luxurious bush camp allowing you to witness the wildlife that roam the African bush. The Lodge is set on the edge of a wooded island in the Kalahari savannah. The lodge is a celebration of the serenity, space, and light which flows throughout this vast area.
The Lodge is designed with exclusivity and privacy at its core. The suites are positioned on the woodland’s edge with expansive views over the savannah, and each far from a neighbour. The 1,000 sqf wood, thatch and clay structures are expansive and open-air without exposing guests to the elements. Decorated with custom-made furniture, sourced and sometimes re-purposed pieces populate the space to form a harmonious and comfortable whole. The raised decks, constructed of sustainably farmed hardwoods, form the structure’s foundations. There is a diverse range of activities available, not only game drives but cultural visits, active entertainments or even relaxing at the lodge, soaking up the surroundings.
The ten large, luxurious and stylish canvas tents have en-suite bathrooms and indoor and outdoor showers for those who want to feel the Kalahari breeze on their skin. The tents are set into a palm grove creating an oasis of civilisation in what can be the harshest of stark environments. Persian rugs underfoot and cool cotton sheets form a striking contrast with the rugged wilderness viewed from the comfort of one’s own veranda. The camp’s hub, a romantic canvas pavilion is where everyone meets for lavish and elegant meals at a long communal dining table. There is also a pool to cool off in during the heat of the day.
Jack's Camp Double Tent
Jack’s Camp has three double tents with en-suite bathrooms featuring indoor and outdoor showers.Guests are accommodated in ten large Meru-style tents set into a palm grove, with en suite bathrooms, indoor and outdoor showers. The sumptuous tents are uniquely designed and decorated to reflect the height of Victoriana. Deep red silk-screened textiles line the walls and ceilings of each tent, and are reflected in the gleaming wooden floors. Rosewood armchairs with plush velvet seat cushions, teak campaign chests, Bukhara Rugs, and canopied beds complete the antique ambiance. Although at first the Victorian excess appears anathema to the stark environment of the Kalahari, it actually provides a soft and welcome compliment.
Jack's Camp Twin Tent
Jack’s Camp has seven twin tents with en-suite bathrooms featuring indoor and outdoor showers.
Wake up to the gentle knock of a member of staff in the morning as they come laden with freshly-brewed coffee and biscuits to enjoy in bed – a sign of things to come. Dining is among the best in Botswana and relies on fresh and locally-sourced ingredients. Expect fresh basil soup, ostrich piccata, roast Botswana beef and freshly-baked orange tartlets, all taken at in the grand dining tent.
Jacks Camp Dining Room
There is a tented sitting room where “Kalahari Koolers” are served after the morning activity and where cocktail hour is held in the evening. Dinner is served in the elegant “mess tent”. The table is always splendidly set – draped in damask with bone handled silver cutlery and floods of lantern and candlelight. The innovative cuisine is a fitting complement to the ambiance.
All of the food and drinks are included in a stay at Jack’s Camp. And all of our meals were absolutely delicious. Best of all, they are very accommodating for all types of diets, so you can always find what you like.
Stepping into Jack’s Camp is as close to stepping into the past as you can get while on safari at the Makgadikgadi Pans. Every detail has been considered, from the print-lined and specimen-filled library and bar stocked with cut-glass decanters to the cosy billiard room and polished silver that gleams on the dining table. This is a place to enjoy a warming sherry next to the fireplace or cooling down with a gin and tonic at the swimming pool.Creative menus emphasising fresh tastes and original cuisine; home to a unique national museum, library, pool pavilion and plunge pool.
Jack’s has an awesome pool pavilion, and it’s the perfect hangout space. There’s plenty of space to lie out to soak in the sun and watch the animals wander past.