- Ker & Downey Botswana provides guests with the highest-quality wildlife and adventure safari experience, while preserving the delicate environment and natural beauty of Botswana.
- Dinaka is an exclusive private reserve that hugs the northern edge of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, which is host to one of the most fascinating biodiversities in Southern Africa. This ever-changing desert landscape is home to the Kalahari lion, cheetah, leopard, springbok, oryx and brown hyena.
- Feel lost in a wild and mysterious world of fossilized river valleys, stretches of golden grasses and blue skies in the 2nd largest wildlife reserve in the world.
- Photographers will love keeping a look out for some 200 species of bird, flitting through the sky or perching on the trees that reach out to the heavens. Groups of tall ostrich regularly make their way through the open plains too.
- Exclusive seven tents desert safari experience with option for spending a night gazing at the glittering stars from your the private sleep out deck.
- Private wooden decks offer views across a permanent water hole regularly visited by animals.
- This private reserve enables guests to experience guided walks in the bush and night game drives. Take a peak into the world of the San, the local Kalahari Bushmen, by going on a memorable bush walk with them.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Game drives are conducted with a professional guide in specially-designed vehicles this allows unhindered game viewing and photography. Game drives often continuing into the evening offering the opportunity of seeing nocturnal inhabitants of the area.
Dinaka hosts over 200 different bird species including the Kori Bustard and Crimson Breasted Shrike and a high concentration of Pale Chanting Goshawks.
Take a guided bush walk to gain a detailed understanding of this diverse environment, which features an array of animals from large herds of eland to the elusive brown hyena. / The San interpret the signs of the bush like no one else, all senses build a picture of their world. Beyond this, on the hunt, San tap into the spirit world, entering the minds of their quarry. This natural understanding has to be seen to be believed.
Sit quietly in one the photographic hides and take photos of the wildlife, both birds and animals, as they come to drink and interact at the waterhole.
Gaze at the glittering stars as you relax around the campfire chatting with other guests of Dinaka Safari Lodge, or sleep out on the deck and let the sounds of the wild lull you into slumber.
Dinaka, meaning “horns”, is an exclusive private reserve hugging the northern edge of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve. Dinaka is host to one of the most unique biodiversities in Southern Africa. This ever-changing desert landscape gives refuge to the Kalahari lion, springbok, Oryx and brown hyena. The reserve offers guided walks in addition to day and night game drives. Year-round water holes result in spectacular photographic opportunities either from the vehicle, on foot or one of several hides/bunkers. The perfect contrast to a stay in the Okavango Delta, with an added hidden treasure!
Guests are accommodated in seven spacious twin and double-bedded safari tents, each en-suite bathroom has an indoor and outdoor shower, hot and cold running water and flush toilet. Families are accommodated in a two-bedroom tent, sharing a spacious en-suite bathroom – ideal for families in this child-friendly camp. Dinaka’s tents are well spaced and raised up on wooden decks giving the perfect vantage point over a permanent water hole. Connected by wooden walkways all areas of camp are accessible by wheelchair. The annual rains transform the arid desert landscape into a lush profusion of Kalahari vegetation, offering guests a unique insight into the lesser known desert experience. The Sleep Out Deck offers guests a panoramic view and the opportunity to spend the night under the magnificent African night sky.
Dinaka Safari Lodge has seven tents, each with an en-suite bathroom providing an indoor and outdoor shower and flush toilet. Each tent is spacious and has a private wooden deck overlooking the water hole. A small lodge of 7 tented chalets on raised decks, under thatch, Dinaka Safari Lodge is able to provide you with real home comforts without losing its authentic bush feel. Each tented chalet nestles under the branches of ‘Purple Pod’ trees; blending in with the natural surroundings, and overlooking the waterhole. Each has an en-suite bathroom, with a vanity, basin and mirror, an open air shower and flush toilet, and a carpeted bedroom with a king size bed or 2 single beds, covered with white linen, bedside tables and lamps, a wardrobe with a small safe and easy chairs. Two of the seven tents are suitable for families. The spacious main lodge is furnished with comfort in mind and provides guests with lounges, a dining and bar area, and a splash pool for those hotter months. The camp is 100% solar operated. Plug points are available in the Lodge for charging batteries. Wi-Fi is also available in the Lodge area.
Guests are accommodated in seven spacious twin and double-bedded safari tents, each en-suite bathroom has an indoor and outdoor shower, hot and cold running water and flush toilet. Dinaka’s tents are well spaced and raised up on wooden decks giving the perfect vantage point over a permanent water hole. Connected by wooden walkways all areas of camp are accessible by wheelchair.
Families are accommodated in a two-bedroomed tent, sharing a spacious en-suite bathroom – ideal for families in this child-friendly camp. Dinaka’s tents are well spaced and raised up on wooden decks giving the perfect vantage point over a permanent water hole. Connected by wooden walkways all areas of camp are accessible by wheelchair
Gaze at the glittering stars from your the private sleep out deck
Meals are all included at Dinaka Safari Lodge, and are taken in the communal dining area.
Dinaka Safari Lodge offers game drives with the chance to see Kalahari lion, cheetah, leopard and brown hyena, amongst many others. The lodge promises a window seat guarantee with only four people per vehicle for exceptional wildlife viewing. Due to Dinaka Safari Lodge’s location within a private reserve, guests will be able to embark on night game drives as well as learn more about the San Bushmen culture with guided walks. gear, African art and jewellery.