- Khwai Tented Camp located on a beautiful site within this community-run concession on the eastern border of the Moremi Game reserve, on the banks of a lagoon flowing into the Khwai river, acts as a boundary between the reserve and the community area, offering visitors staying here several unique ways to experience Africa.
- An authentic bush camp in a prime wildlife location. Set in the game-rich Khwai Concession.
- Great hosts and guides make the experience all the more memorable.
- The safari cottage is one of the best options for families in northern Botswana.
- Regular sightings of all the large mammals, and great opportunities to see some of the rarer species: wild dog, sitatunga and aardvark.
- Small and intimate camp that is ideal for safari lovers. Beautiful river-side location with hide.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Twice Daily Game Drives are offered at Khwai Tented Camp, Morning Game Drives and an Evening Game Drives.
Guided walks are available at Khwai Tented Camp.Our Guided walks normally depart from the camp after breakfast, the duration of the walk will depend solely on the group walking.
The Bird life at Khwai Tented Camp is phenomenal and the perfect place to view such a wide variety of species. From beginners to avid birders this is the place for you.
On the afternoon game drive just before sunset guests will stop at a secluded spot where the professional guide will stop the vehicle and unpack tables, drinks and snacks for guests to enjoy before departing on a night game drive.
Night Drives are offered as an optional activity at Khwai Tented Camp and can be arranged on request. Most of our afternoon game drive continue into Night Game Drives if all guests on the vehicle wish to continue their safari experience.
Khwai Tented Camp is situated on a beautiful lagoon, therefore allowing us to run breathtaking Mokoro experiences. This activity is seasonal (when water levels permit).A Mokoro is a traditional canoe which is normally made by digging out the trunk of a large tree. However to preserve the trees and national parks we have moulded our Mokoros out of Fibreglass.
Khwai Tented Camp located on a beautiful site within this community-run concession on the eastern border of the Moremi Game reserve, on the banks of a lagoon flowing into the Khwai river, acts as a boundary between the reserve and the community area, offering visitors staying here several unique ways to experience Africa. Khwai Tented Camp has modern and spacious Serengeti-style tents, with stylish and comfortable interiors and private bathrooms with running water. The camp maintains a genuine safari camp feel. The camp comprises of 6 elegant tents perched on wooden decking overlooking the tranquil waters of the lagoon. The camp exudes the charm and aura of the old Africa in a new era, and provides a truly authentic African safari experience.
Besides the day-time drives which can feature Africa’s big attractions – lion, cheetah, leopard, wild dog, elephant, buffalo, hippo and giraffe – guests at Khwai Tented Camp are able to explore nature after sunset with a night drive. This activity, along with the guided walking safaris, is not usually permitted in the National Parks or Game reserves and allows guests to get an up-close and personal experience with some of Africa’s nocturnal and/or more elusive animals.
The camp consists of six en suite tents all dotted along the lagoon for the utmost privacy. The camp preserves the romance of yester-year, a simpler life in harmony with nature. There are no permanent structures; everything can be removed to leave the wilderness exactly as we found it, minimizing our impact on the environment. As Khwai is a community-run concession all proceeds from tourism go directly to help the local people and projects through the Khwai Community Trust.
Standard Safari Tent
Comfortable and spacious meru style tents elegantly set-up on wooden decking. Accommodation includes en-suite bathroom facilities with running water, flush toilets and showers.
Meals at Khwai Tented Camp are served in the covered dining room or boma area. Enjoy an early morning breakfast before the first outing, followed by a delicious brunch on return. Dinner is a more lavish 3-course affair that awaits you after your late afternoon game drive.
Khwai Tented Camp Dining
Khwai Tented Camp main dining area, lounge, Bar and Boma area.
On site, cool down in the small pool or relax on one of the loungers. There’s no Wi-Fi, but charging points are available in the communal tent.