- Steeped in nostalgia and named for Scandinavian royalty, newly-renovated and elegant King’s Pool overlooks the handsome oxbow lagoon of the same name in the Linyanti Wildlife Reserve, bordering Chobe National Park and at the crux of the important wildlife corridor that straddles Angola, Namibia, Zambia and Botswana.
- This 100% solar-powered camp has eight luxurious thatch and canvas rooms, each boasting a large bedroom area and lounge leading to a veranda that soaks up the gorgeous views. The river along which King’s Pool is located hosts numerous species of birds and is a magnet for game, especially elephant, in the dry winter months.
- The sumptuous main area comprises a lounge, library, dining and a convivial bar area stylishly set on expansive raised decks close to the water’s edge. There is also a pool and an open-air ‘kgotla’ for evening dining under the stars.Walking safaris & boating excursions.
- 2 hides & excellent birding. Day and night game drives with your expert guide. Seasonal fly-fishing available in the clear waters of the Linyanti.
- Large suites with plunge pools & outdoor showers. In-tent massage & aromatherapy treatments.
- Appreciate the wonders of the Linyanti Wildlife Reserve from the air on our helicopter.
- Boat cruses along the Linyanti River – sundowner cruises are a highlight!
- Fantastic game viewing right from your private deck as the elephants come to drink.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Morning, afternoon & night game drives are offered in open 4×4 Land Rovers each accommodating a maximum of seven people, allowing each guest a ‘window’ seat.
End your day with a trip on the colonial-style Queen Silvia barge along the Linyanti River.
On request, nature walks with skilled, armed guides are wonderful ways of getting close to nature and observing the smaller things you miss when travelling by vehicle.
There are two hides in the vicinity of Kings Pool from which to view and photograph animals and birds. One is located at the western end of camp and the other is an original underground hide, with the water at eye level.
Fishing with a limited supply of basic equipment is on offer on a catch-and-release basis.
Birding is outstanding at Kings Pool Camp, with the Linyanti Concession an internationally recognised Important Bird Area (IBA), particularly for birds of prey like Dickinson’s kestrel and waterbirds. In summer southern carmine bee-eaters nest near camp.
It may be trite to say it but Kings Pool Camp is genuinely worthy of royalty. This plush camp is located on the private Linyanti Game Reserve – one of the most pristine and least-visited areas in all of Botswana where you have exclusive access to three million hectares of untrammelled wilderness that includes the incredible Savute Channel. The unsurpassed accommodation overlooks Kings Pool Lagoon and the Linyanti River where game thrives and predators such as lions, African wild dogs and hyenas are spotted regularly. With two-thirds of the channel falling within the reserve and Namibia’s Caprivi Strip just across the river, this bountiful area offers discerning travellers a slice of Africa at her best.
In addition to dawn, dusk and evening game drives in a roofless 4×4, guests at Kings Pool Camp can enjoy river cruises on the Victorian-inspired barge and seclude themselves in two different hides – one sunk below ground next to a waterhole – to get the best possible encounters with game. To help preserve the environment, the entire camp runs off solar power only, and the walkways between the nine luxurious tents have been raised to allow smaller game complete access.
This 100% solar-powered camp has eight luxurious thatch and canvas rooms, each boasting a large bedroom area and lounge leading to a veranda that soaks up the gorgeous views.
Huge canvas tents with thatched roofs are raised on wooden platforms, complete with large decks, private pools, salas and sun loungers. The rooms themselves boast huge four poster beds, draped with mosquito netting and covered with soft linen. Lavish ensuite bathrooms have his-and-hers basins, as well as indoor and outdoor showers.
Enjoy a light breakfast before your morning safari and a substantial brunch on your return from the wilderness. Afternoon tea is served with a decadent choice of sweet and savoury snacks to enjoy before your afternoon game drive. If you like, skip the morning game drive, eat a substantial breakfast and take lunch instead of brunch.
Dinner is most often served under the stars on the front deck. Your meals can be enjoyed at individual tables or in a convivial group. Every meal at Kings Pool Camp is a gastronomic celebration of world flavours paired with appropriate wine. Side dishes and starters are served buffet-style and main courses in an a la carte fashion.
An open-air boma is the perfect place for dining under the stars savouring culinary fare that is simply superb.
The sumptuous main area comprises a lounge, library, dining and a convivial bar area stylishly set on expansive raised decks close to the water’s edge. There is also a pool and an open-air ‘kgotla’ for evening dining under the stars.
A beauty and wellness therapist is at hand if you would like to indulge in any massage or aromatherapy treatments during your stay.