- Alto Atacama Desert Lodge & Spa is a luxury wilderness eco-lodge and oasis surrounded by the Salt Mountains in the midst of Chile’s Atacama Desert.
- Alto Atacama is located on the way to the Altiplano highlands, in the driest desert in the world. It is an oasis under the stars, at the foot of the Pucará fortress, surrounded by chañar and carob trees.
- An adobe-walled wilderness lodge that is a haven of cool interiors, warm service and gourmet cooking in the heart of the Atacama, the world’s highest and driest desert. Geothermal spa treatments and a tranquil location add to the rarefied vibe. Stargazers and those with a sense of adventure are well catered for.
- We are the lodge that best represents the local Atacamenian culture through our own desert microcosm.
- Surrounding a llama corral and corn vegetable garden, we showcase our history and village with pride by offering experiences of air, water, earth and fire. Chef Daniel Molina offers a Mediterranean-style menu stocked with local, organic produce, and he takes his culinary cues from the indigenous population.
- Our outdoor pools provide privacy. Inspired by the ancestral constructions of Socaire village, they are built out of liparite volcanic stones and surrounded by garden planters and desert rocks.
- We design rich, authentic experiences to connect guests to the desert and its culture. Every night we gaze at the stars from our long range observation deck.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Explore the hidden back roads of the beautiful San Antonio Valley by bicycle on this fantastic full day tour from Santiago, stopping off for some superb wines at the Coralillo and Matetic estates.
Wine tastings and tours are the most distinguished choice because of their expertise in the area.
For the adventure seekers, 4×4 trips, horse riding, mountain biking and trekking can all be enjoyed while staying at Vina Vik.
Those seeking to take their wellness experience outdoors are encouraged to explore the many hiking trails, take runs through the vineyard, horseback ride through the vines, or mountain bike through the vineyard valleys, investigating the many beautiful treasures nestled within the destination. The weather at VIK is so good almost all year around making outdoor experiences most appreciated.
The harvest season at the vineyard starts in April and extends up to May. This tour takes place at night. Guests are invited to the vineyard to pick the grapes and then they are guided to the winery to see the hole selection and wine making process. Finally there is a grape juice tasting to learn about the fermenta-tion stages. This activity is guided by our Experience Concierges.
Cooking class led by the Chef. Guests will receive the apron they use with the VIK logo as a complimentary gift. Extra charges apply.
Alto Atacama Desert Lodge & Spa is a luxury wilderness eco-lodge and oasis surrounded by the Salt Mountains in the midst of Chile’s Atacama Desert. The luxurious lodge is blessed with a most spectacular and private location, tucked away in a valley of serene beauty, in the shadow of the Pukará de Quitor ruins and with the San Pedro River winding its way discreetly alongside. The perfect base for exploring the desert, cultural encounters, or simply absorbing the breathtaking landscape. Alto Atacama is located on the way to the Altiplano highlands, in the driest desert in the world. It is an oasis under the stars, at the foot of the Pucará fortress, surrounded by chañar and carob trees. All of the hotel’s 42 rooms are spacious and come with a private terrace. Spend days hopping between the six pools, destressing in Puri Spa, or spotting birds swooping over Lake Tilo, or follow expert staff on guided, bilingual tours through the desert’s otherworldly landscape.
The lodge offers over 35 excursions, ranging from adventure activities through to cultural and historical excursions. Guests can choose from mountain biking, hiking to the Moon Valley, trips to the geysers and photography safaris, to name just a few. The lodge also has its own observatory and telescope for stargazing in the Atacama’s famously clear skies. Other facilities at the hotel include a spa with 6 open-air swimming pools, indoor and outdoor jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath. There is also a cosy living room with a fireplace and leather sofas for the winter months. We also like the hotel’s strong commitment to the local area; the restaurant serves a changing menu prepared with organic locally sourced ingredients and employs indigenous guides to lead excursions.
During your stay, make sure to ask if you can see some of the other 22 rooms. The designs range from the sophisticated to the truly quirky, and each has a wall of floor-to-ceiling windows offering views over the pool, vineyards or mountains. If you can stretch to it, opt for one of the four master suites, these corner rooms give you a 180-degree view of the surrounding countryside. The Vik Suite is the top option and has been designed by Antonio Sequi – the hammock-style bath set next to a panoramic window is the star attraction.Other highlights are the Azulejo suite, designed entirely using Portuguese tiles, and the H master suite, with a side table made from an Hermès saddle, a headboard that looks like an Hermès scarf and a bookshelf of the brand’s iconic presentation boxes. There is a free minibar in each room, bathrobes and an amazing bath and rainforest shower in each bathroom.
Breakfast buffet at Milla Milla. Casual lunch style + 1 glass of La Piú Belle wine. Afternoon tea. Three course dinner + 2 glasses of Vik wine + 1 glass of Milla Cala wine. Tour to the winery and wine tasting, horseback riding, biking, paintball, trekking, stargazing and bird watching. All activities led by our Concierges. Access to: sauna, relax areas, swimming pool and game room.
Breakfast buffet at Milla Milla. Casual lunch style + 1 glass of La Piú Belle wine. Three course dinner + 2 glasses of Vik wine + 1 glass of Milla Cala wine.Tour to the winery and wine tasting, horseback riding, biking, paintball, trekking, star gazing and bird watching. All activities led by our Concierges. Access to: sauna, relax areas, swimming pool and game room. Welcome drink upon arrival. Guests who book B & B rates will be able to add to activities and other meals for a fee.
The price of your stay includes all meals, from the breakfast to the two-course lunch and four-course dinner. Breakfast was a simple buffet spread of pastries, fruit, ham and cheese, with eggs made to order. Lunch is served in what staff call “family style” with a main course and three side dishes. Dinner is the main event, with four courses including dishes such as carrot soup with orange and blue cheese, duck with vegetables, Chilean eel and a strawberry tart with homemade ice cream.At lunch and dinner, you will be served a mixture of the Villa Cala and Vik wine to accompany the food. I didn’t feel like the dishes necessarily showcased the best Chile had to offer, but there is an effort to keep things local, particularly with a new kitchen garden – ask for a tour from the enthusiastic Juan Carlos, who is responsible for heading up the project.
Guest can opt to dine in the hotel’s own dining room which has spectacular views of the surrounding countryside. The chef creates dishes to compliment the wine using local ingredients and international inspiration to satisfy your palates. For breakfast, you can choose to eat it in the dining room or have it in the comfort of your room.
The hotel offers everything you could want for a short stay in the countryside. Seven horses are on standby to escort you through the vine-filled landscape, you can hop on a bike parked at the front entrance, laze by the infinity pool, or treat yourself to a massage, facial or even a wine bath in the spa.
You can also choose to spend your time sunbathing at the infinity pool and solarium; or treat body and soul at the sauna, relax room or fitness centre.
Guests at Vik Chili can also enjoy the property’s spa facilities, with include a sauna, a relaxation lounge and various massage therapies designed on site.
Other than that, entertainment comes in the form of outdoor activities, a gym and the spa and sauna.