- Tierra Atacama Hotel & Spa is a tranquil boutique lodge overlooking Chile’s breathtaking Atacama Desert, with exquisite design, authentic experiences & intimate atmosphere. Member of the prestigious National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World.
- Built on the site of an ancient cattle coral, on the edge of San Pedro de Atacama, the Tierra Atacama Hotel & Spa is the perfect gateway to explore the iconic attractions of this breathtaking region.
- The luxurious architecture and interiors of the hotel include tranquil secluded nooks, a welcoming terrace with a fire pit, for those enchanting evenings spent under a blanket of stars, handmade local furniture and textiles, a sparkling swimming pool and incredible views of the Licancabur Volcano throughout the hotel.
- Guests can retreat to the serene and romantic atmosphere of the Oriente Rooms, where sliding glass doors lead onto a private terrace and an ensuite bathroom boasts both indoor and al fresco showers.
- Based on a philosophy of an “adventure spa” concept, guests can embark on exceptional excursions to the Altiplanic Lagoons, Salar de Tara, Moon Valley, Puritama Hot Springs, Machuca, the Tatio Geysers and the Atacama Salt Flat, before unwinding with a soul-soothing treatment at the hotel’s first-class Uma Spa.
- Spend the day exploring surreal salt pans or steaming geysers, and then treat yourself to a hot stone massage at the rejuvenating Uma Spa. Gaze at the sunset or the stars from cozy chairs around a crackling fire on the terrace.
- You will fall in love with exceptional views of the volcano from every corner of the hotel. We suggest you grab a glass of delicious Chilean wine and retreat to the terrace to view the sun turn a deep red as it sets over the mountains.
- After a morning of hiking, mountain biking or horse riding, find a quiet spot in the garden to relax in a basket swing with a book or indulge in a picnic.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
At Tierra Atacama you can enjoy the desert on two wheels. Our biking excursions are perfect for exploring this otherworldly landscape.
Get up-close and personal with the beauty of the Atacama Desert with our hiking excursions. From light strolls through the desert to more advanced hikes, there is a trail for everyone. Our expert guides will help you choose the best path.
Whether you are trotting on the charming trails near San Pedro de Atacama or winding through desert canyons, horseback riding in the Atacama desert is an experience like no other.
Our scenic voyages in the Atacama Desert are perfect for getting to know the far-flung lunar landscapes that sit in some of the higher-altitudes of this desert playground.
When it comes to exploring the world’s driest desert, water is not the first thing that comes to mind. At Tierra Atacama, you can explore thermal springs, salt water pools and much more.
Escape to a world of clear night skies, high altitude lagoons and moon-like valleys at Tierra Atacama. High in the northern desert of Chile, our boutique Atacama lodge encapsulates exquisite design, authentic experiences and an intimate, home-from-home atmosphere, where a sense of both adventure travel and pure relaxation lingers in the air. The essence of this unforgettable desert landscape is at the heart of Tierra Atacama, while also making it both accessible and people-orientated. Our Atacama spa hotel was designed by some of Chile’s most renowned architects, with regional sensibilities, eco-friendly design and boutique comforts firmly in mind.
Living spaces showcase locally made trinkets and crafts, fire pits on the outdoor terrace will keep you cozy during those starlit evenings, and a modern take on High Andean cuisine leaves you totally satisfied, ready to explore the best of this inspiring place. Your experience of Atacama is made all the more unique through our personalized excursion plan, offering a huge array of activities from horseback riding to volcano hiking, as well as soothing sessions in the Uma Spa, complete with a menu of treatments influenced by the desert climate, native flora and ancient therapies. During your trip to Chile – come to Tierra Atacama Adventure and Spa Hotel, for experiences that will leave you feeling fully restored by the time you leave.
At Tierra Atacama, we have created a serene space in our guest rooms. Touches of local culture are everywhere, from handwoven throws to cowhide rugs and llama figures carved from the volcanic rock of nearby Toconao. All rooms look out over the Andes mountain range and nearby volcanoes, with views of the desert from the moment you wake, to the moment you fall asleep. As well as honoring the heritage and landscape of the region, the rooms are full of sumptuous features. You’ll find soft beds dressed in fine cotton, private terraces with sweeping views of Licancabur Volcano or the Cordillera de Sal, and al fresco bathrooms for showering under a night sky glowing with stars.
The intimate Oriente Rooms are awash with nude and cocoa tones, with large canopy beds facing wide, sliding glass doors and the Licancabur Volcano views which lie beyond. Step outside onto your own private terrace and take in Atacama’s most famous peak, breathtaking by both day and night. Meanwhile, sleek, en suite bathrooms are clad in cool slate and frosted glass; you can even choose between interconnecting indoor and outdoor showers.
Capturing the same spellbinding views of the Licancabur Volcano as the Oriente, the Poniente Rooms promise more space and special, subtle touches. The rooms invite guests to luxuriate under star-studded skies in Tierra’s signature outdoor showers. The Poniente Rooms also include deep-soak bathtubs in the en suites for extra indulgence. The ambience within Poniente rooms is light and airy, with neutral tones creating a tranquil space for rest and relaxation. Enjoy the private terrace, looking out towards the Cordillera de Sal and over Tierra’s gardens and solar plant fields.
If you’re looking for a family-friendly hotel in San Pedro de Atacama, our expansive Family Rooms are the answer. Accommodating up to six people, the Family Rooms are sprawled over two levels, with two twin rooms downstairs and a master bedroom upstairs, each featuring their own en suite bathroom. Throughout the Family Rooms you´ll find the same local touches and sophisticated feel of the Oriente and Poniente options, with an earthy color palette matching the ever-present scenery, to be admired from the privacy of your large terrace.
The dining experience at Tierra Atacama takes advantage of local produce, filling the menu with innovative twists on north Chilean cuisine. With the potential for warm days and the hotel’s high-altitude location, our expert chefs create dishes that are light and tasty, not heavy or overwhelming. This approach complements the local traditions with fresh, colorful salads, Peruvian corn, quinoa and a range of appetizing meat or vegetarian mains. Every day the focus is firmly fixed on using innovative techniques and a modern approach to both the flavor and presentation of the dishes, while also staying true to regional recipes and seasonal ingredients.
When it’s time for a drink, whether it’s one of our many delectable teas, craft beer or our signature Rica Rica Sour cocktail, we have it covered. Ask one of our restaurant staff for a taster board of select cheeses and handmade empanadas, or maybe a slice of sweet kuchen cake – a Chilean favorite – to accompany your freshly brewed coffee or perfectly chilled glass of Chilean wine.
Arguably one of the highlights at Tierra Atacama is the indulgent spa, with steam bath, Jacuzzi, Turkish bath and a wide variety of rejuvenating massages, facials, body wraps, scrubs and alternative therapies on offer. There is also an indoor heated pool with water jets and an outdoor pools with luxuriant chaise longues, perfect for relaxing with a book.
There is also an indoor and an outdoor pool and plenty of areas for relaxation with chairs and comfortable loungers.
Indulge with a spa therapy in our treatment rooms, where an ambience of calm is created through soft light, gentle music and aromatherapy oils. Choose from an list of facials, massages, body wraps, scrubs, treatments and alternative therapies, using natural ingredients such as volcanic mud, lithium-rich salt and desert herbs.
Our yoga spaces allow you to connect with the Atacama Desert’s energy. Yoga classes are booked in the spa area and either held inside our wellness center or on our outdoor yoga platform. There are also plenty of peaceful spots to be found if you simply feel like having a moment to be alone, meditate and take in the views.