- Perched above 11,000 acres and glinting gold in the sunshine, the titanium swirl that is Vik Chile is a surrealist vineyard hotel. With quirky works of art at every turn and 22 ultra stylish rooms designed by Chilean and foreign artists, there is no other vineyard quite like it in Chile.
- An avant-garde vineyard retreat situated on a hilltop, Vik Chile boasts majestic views over the valleys and gorges stretching towards the craggy heights of the Andes Mountains in the background.
- The stunning setting of vineyards, woodland and the Andes with personalised hospitality and service.
- The 22 uniquely designer rooms and suites have wall of floor-to-ceiling windows offering views over the pool, vineyards or mountains.
- The hotel offers everything you could want for a short stay in the countryside from horse riding, biking, trekking and 4×4 trips. Private wine tastings and guided winery tours, as well as horseback and mountain bike excursions are also available.
- The infinity pool features spectacular views over Millahue valley and lagoon. Laze by the infinity pool, or treat yourself to a massage, facial or even a wine bath in the spa.
- Wonderful Chilean specialities served by the estate’s chef. Meals are served in a variety of settings, from the indoor dining room to the expansive outdoor terraces that look out onto the valley, lake and vineyard or even outdoors in a mountain grove.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Explore the hidden back roads of the beautiful San Antonio Valley by bicycle on this fantastic full day tour from Santiago, stopping off for some superb wines at the Coralillo and Matetic estates.
Wine tastings and tours are the most distinguished choice because of their expertise in the area.
For the adventure seekers, 4×4 trips, horse riding, mountain biking and trekking can all be enjoyed while staying at Vina Vik.
Those seeking to take their wellness experience outdoors are encouraged to explore the many hiking trails, take runs through the vineyard, horseback ride through the vines, or mountain bike through the vineyard valleys, investigating the many beautiful treasures nestled within the destination. The weather at VIK is so good almost all year around making outdoor experiences most appreciated.
The harvest season at the vineyard starts in April and extends up to May. This tour takes place at night. Guests are invited to the vineyard to pick the grapes and then they are guided to the winery to see the hole selection and wine making process. Finally there is a grape juice tasting to learn about the fermenta-tion stages. This activity is guided by our Experience Concierges.
Cooking class led by the Chef. Guests will receive the apron they use with the VIK logo as a complimentary gift. Extra charges apply.
Situated in a spectacular valley amongst nearly 4,500 acres of vineyards, hills and native woodland, Vik Chile is undoubtedly one of South America’s top vineyards, and offers rustic refinement and outstanding hospitality for a truly memorable wine stay. Vik Chile is serious about its wine. When owner Alexander Vik happened upon a vacant estate in the Cachapoal Valley, he immediately set about creating a premier grand cru classe that would be ranked amongst the world’s elite wines. His holistic approach means that land, climate, water, environment, nature and state-of-the-art technology have been harnessed to grow grapes of the highest quality. The prevailing breeze that cools temperatures in summer gives the wine its freshness.
Vik Chile has been recently refurbished to offer 22 suites of different sizes, all with breathtaking views towards the distant Andes, and across the estate with its highly photogenic vineyards. The cuisine focuses on typical Chilean dishes made with fresh local produce and specially prepared to complement the wine list. The chef will tailor dishes to your individual preference, and one of the most rewarding experiences to have is a typical asado barbecue in the surrounding woods, with panoramic views out across the landscape.Service is very personalised, and guests here not only have the opportunity to taste the incredible wines in the company of a master oenologist, but can inspect the unique wine production process, take horseback rides through the valleys and / or vineyard, hike some of the many routes through and above the estate, take out a mountain bike along one of the .
During your stay, make sure to ask if you can see some of the other 22 rooms. The designs range from the sophisticated to the truly quirky, and each has a wall of floor-to-ceiling windows offering views over the pool, vineyards or mountains. If you can stretch to it, opt for one of the four master suites, these corner rooms give you a 180-degree view of the surrounding countryside. The Vik Suite is the top option and has been designed by Antonio Sequi – the hammock-style bath set next to a panoramic window is the star attraction.Other highlights are the Azulejo suite, designed entirely using Portuguese tiles, and the H master suite, with a side table made from an Hermès saddle, a headboard that looks like an Hermès scarf and a bookshelf of the brand’s iconic presentation boxes. There is a free minibar in each room, bathrobes and an amazing bath and rainforest shower in each bathroom.
Breakfast buffet at Milla Milla. Casual lunch style + 1 glass of La Piú Belle wine. Afternoon tea. Three course dinner + 2 glasses of Vik wine + 1 glass of Milla Cala wine. Tour to the winery and wine tasting, horseback riding, biking, paintball, trekking, stargazing and bird watching. All activities led by our Concierges. Access to: sauna, relax areas, swimming pool and game room.
Breakfast buffet at Milla Milla. Casual lunch style + 1 glass of La Piú Belle wine. Three course dinner + 2 glasses of Vik wine + 1 glass of Milla Cala wine.Tour to the winery and wine tasting, horseback riding, biking, paintball, trekking, star gazing and bird watching. All activities led by our Concierges. Access to: sauna, relax areas, swimming pool and game room. Welcome drink upon arrival. Guests who book B & B rates will be able to add to activities and other meals for a fee.
The price of your stay includes all meals, from the breakfast to the two-course lunch and four-course dinner. Breakfast was a simple buffet spread of pastries, fruit, ham and cheese, with eggs made to order. Lunch is served in what staff call “family style” with a main course and three side dishes. Dinner is the main event, with four courses including dishes such as carrot soup with orange and blue cheese, duck with vegetables, Chilean eel and a strawberry tart with homemade ice cream.At lunch and dinner, you will be served a mixture of the Villa Cala and Vik wine to accompany the food. I didn’t feel like the dishes necessarily showcased the best Chile had to offer, but there is an effort to keep things local, particularly with a new kitchen garden – ask for a tour from the enthusiastic Juan Carlos, who is responsible for heading up the project.
Guest can opt to dine in the hotel’s own dining room which has spectacular views of the surrounding countryside. The chef creates dishes to compliment the wine using local ingredients and international inspiration to satisfy your palates. For breakfast, you can choose to eat it in the dining room or have it in the comfort of your room.
The hotel offers everything you could want for a short stay in the countryside. Seven horses are on standby to escort you through the vine-filled landscape, you can hop on a bike parked at the front entrance, laze by the infinity pool, or treat yourself to a massage, facial or even a wine bath in the spa.
You can also choose to spend your time sunbathing at the infinity pool and solarium; or treat body and soul at the sauna, relax room or fitness centre.
Guests at Vik Chili can also enjoy the property’s spa facilities, with include a sauna, a relaxation lounge and various massage therapies designed on site.
Other than that, entertainment comes in the form of outdoor activities, a gym and the spa and sauna.