- Arranged around calm courtyards, Amandayan’s dwellings are imbued with the clean lines and the architectural aesthetic of the indigenous Nakhi people using locally sourced materials, including Yunnan pine and elm from Dong Bei.
- Known as the Land of Eternal Spring for its exceptionally mild climate, China’s southwestern Yunnan province is bordered by Tibet, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam and is famed for limestone plateaus, snow-capped peaks and rushing rivers.
- An ancient city, Lijiang’s Old Town, Dayan, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Perched in the centre, above the roofline on Lion Hill, Amandayan overlooks an intricate bridge and canal system and dramatic mountainous landscape .
- Discover rich natural beauty on a trek through Tiger Leaping Gorge or horseback ride through a wildflower meadow. In Lijiang, the narrow lanes and 354 bridges reveal heritage, architecture and culture that dates back centuries.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Lijiang is known for its unique Nakhi architecture and is a treasure trove of history and culture. The Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is as famous for its intricate system of canals, as for the traditional embroidery of its artisans. A stroll through Old Town’s narrow lanes and over its 354 bridges will lead one to a host of notable historic sites. These include Mu Mansion, the former residence of the founding Mu Clan and today a museum.
Lijiang’s UNESCO World Heritage Site also incorporates Baisha and Shuhe, two historic villages. Shuhe is known for its cobblers, while Baisha was the former capital of the Nakhi and has changed very little over the centuries. Baoshan Stone Village is another picturesque site nearby, where houses and even furniture were traditionally made of stone.
Just a few minutes’ stroll from Amandayan is Wangu Pavilion – a 33m wooden structure at the top of Lion Hill. This landmark building offers magnificent views of the Old Town, outlying Nakhivillages with their patchwork of fields, and Jade Dragon Snow Mountain on the horizon.
The tallest mountain overlooking Lijiang is Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. The view of its highest peak, Shanzidou, from the white marble bridge over Black Dragon Pool in Lijiang’s Jade Spring Park is regarded as one of China’s finest vistas.
Photographers and nature lovers will appreciate the region’s spectacular seasonal changes, whether horse riding through wildflowers in summer or bird-watching at Lashi Lake in winter. Hiking through Tiger Leaping Gorge also allows one to experience the region’s natural beauty firsthand.
Embracing Nakhi culture and breathtaking mountain views in fabled Lijiang, Amandayan lies on a hillside above the UNESCO-protected Old Town. The property draws its name from the Sanskrit-derived word for ‘peace’ and Dayan, the historic name for Lijiang when it was first established by the ruling Mu family in the 13th century.
Graceful and elegant with clean simple lines, Amandayan’s Suites are contemporary in style yet still unmistakably Chinese. Decorated with materials and fabrics from the region, including Yunnan pine and Dong Bei elm, every Suite opens onto a courtyard or a terrace with views of Lijiang’s rooftops, Lion Hill or the UNESCO-protected Old Town and the majestic mountains beyond.
The Amandayan Suite
The two-bedroom Amandayan Suite is set across 440 square metres (4,736 square feet) and offers exceptional views over the rooftops of Lijiang Old Town to the mountains beyond. An expansive living area flows onto a large terrace.
Spread over 72 square metres (775 square feet) overlooking a traditional courtyard, Courtyard Suites offer king-size beds, comfortable living areas and spacious bathrooms.
Overlooking the rooftops and courtyards of Amandayan towards Lijiang Old Town on one side of Lion Hill or New Town on the other, Deluxe Suites are laid out over 72 square metres (775 square feet) with large terraces.
Locally grown ingredients take prominence across Amandayan’s restaurants, from the Chinese restaurant serving Nakhi fare with a modern touch to the Lounge with Asian and Western dishes. The Tea House offers seats that look out over the Old Town accompanied by traditional Chinese and Western tea services.
Man Yi Xuan
The black clay Chinese Hot Pot starts with a slowly simmered, rich organic chicken broth, enriched with Yunnan mushrooms, cured spare ribs or yak beef, among other local specialties.
Aman Spa’s range of therapies is informed by traditional Chinese medicine, from massages and exfoliations to cupping. Four treatment rooms are equipped with a steam shower and peaceful relaxation area, and two additional wet treatment suites host scrubs, baths and wraps. With an integrated approach to wellness, the spa is also home to a 20-metre heated pool, a fully equipped gym and Pilates studio.
Warmed bamboo serves as an extension of the therapist’s hands to unlock tight muscles in the Bamboo Massage. A firm treatment, the massage combines a mix of traditional techniques to leave the body relaxed and revitalised
- Wide selection of reading material on various subjects in several languages
- Hosts regular demonstrations of Chinese calligraphy and other traditional arts
The extensive Fitness Centre is spread across 140 square metres, outfitted with the latest cardiovascular and weight-training equipment