- Saved from demolition, these Ming- and Qing-dynasty dwellings have been reassembled, brick by ancient brick, to create peaceful, refined spaces. Light-filled with forest views, interiors are finished in wood, stone and bamboo.
- Amanyangyun’s camphor forest has a remarkable history. Rescued, then relocated 700km from Jiangxi to Shanghai, more than 10,000 camphor trees, famed for their calming scent, now flourish in their new home.
- Set amid trees and lakes, Amanyangyun is a seminal Shanghai destination – ideal for city escapes, wellness retreats or Aman Journeys exploring the best of China. Peaceful and serene, it lies close to Shanghai culture, shopping and sights.
- A fusion of comfort, beauty and tradition, the light-filled Club Suites and Antique Villas embrace simple, clean lines. Local materials and textures harmonise with the lush scenery glimpsed through lattice screens, which in turn dapple the light within.
- Embracing a restful, earthy palette, Amanyangyun’s 24 Ming Courtyard Suites and 13 Antique Villas feature tranquil courtyards.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
- Visit Yuyuan Garden, a peaceful Ming Dynasty retreat
- Wander through quaint Qing Dynasty lanes
- Stroll down the Bund and visit its iconic landmarks
- Explore the Shanghai Museum
- Experience a tea tasting in Xintiandi
- Discover Shanghai’s colonial past and the distinct character of this historic residential and retail
- Take in the neighbourhood’s must-see sites
- Wander off the beaten track to find the area’s hidden gems – from coffee shops to art galleries
- An ancient water town dating back over 1,700 years
- Stroll down North Street admiring its historic buildings and long-established stores
- Discover the town’s 36 graceful stone bridges and Kezhi Gardens
- Experience the town’s renowned cuisine
Just outside downtown Shanghai, a cherished camphor forest sets the scene for Aman’s fourth destination in China: Amanyangyun. Meaning ‘nourishing cloud’, yangyun is a reference to expanding the ‘cloud’ of the mind with knowledge – a philosophy borne by the story of the trees and dwellings at Amanyangyun’s heart. This introspective retreat belies a remarkable tale of a forest transported, and a history preserved.
Light-filled and embracing woodland views, Amanyangyun’s Suites combine expansive living areas with tranquil courtyards, creating an inviting retreat throughout the seasons. Designed to complement the serene surrounding woodland, the 24 contemporary Ming Courtyard Suites create a pleasing balance of old and new that chimes perfectly with the village concept.
Suites & Pavilions
- Two Bedroom Antique Pavilion
- One Bedroom Antique Pavilion
- Ming Deluxe Pavilion
- Ming Pavilion
- Ming Courtyard Suite
- Five Bedroom Antique Villa
- Four Bedroom Qing Antique Villa
- Four Bedroom Ming Antique Villa
- Four Bedroom Amanyangyun Villa
- Four Bedroom Antique Villa
Amanyangyun’s five dining venues – including the Chinese Restaurant LAZHU, Italian Restaurant ARVA, Japanese Restaurant NAMA, The Bar and Cigar Lounge – each enjoy a distinctive ambience. From fine dining to relaxed alfresco meals, guests can expect the freshest, locally sourced delicacies wherever they choose to dine
Amanyangyun’s elegant Chinese restaurant paying homage to the original home of the resort’s camphor trees and Antique Villas. Lazhu serves a menu combining Jiangxi or ‘Gan’ signature dishes known for their creativity and use of spices, fish and tea oil, and local Shanghainese and Cantonese favourites. The main dining room overlooks a bamboo grove, while seven private dining rooms offer garden views.
A lakeside Italian restaurant with a warm, convivial atmosphere, Arva draws inspiration from Italy’s farm-to-table cucina semplice gastronomic tradition. Celebrating ingenuity and creativity, Arva balances authenticity and sustainability to create timeless dishes that prize flavour and quality above all else. The menu features wholesome Venetian and Roman classics and a range of signature sharing platters ideal for enjoying family style. Breakfast is served at Arva for in-house guests.
Named after the Japanese word for ‘raw’, Nama honours Unesco-celebrated washoku cuisine–the food of Japan-with a menu including premium sushi, sashimi and Wagyu beef. Authentic, uncomplicated and elegant dishes by Master Chef Keiji Matoba celebrate the culinary artistry of the traditional Japanese kitchen while championing locally sourced produce, allowing the intricate flavours of each ingredient to take centre stage.
The Bar is an ideal place to sit back and enjoy a drink anytime between noon and 1am in the morning. As well as afternoon tea, it offers an extensive drinks list including rare spirits, fine wines, craft beers and a range of classic and signature cocktails.
With its floor-to-ceiling windows framing panoramic garden views, a specially designed cabinet displaying an extensive cigar selection, and an exclusive menu of premium drinks and light meals, the Cigar Lounge is a welcoming venue for cigar aficionados and those seeking quiet time out alike.
Set around an impressive central courtyard, the 2,840m2 Amanyangyun Spa & Wellness Centre is one of the largest and most comprehensive in Shanghai.
The ethos and atmosphere of the Aman Spa draw inspiration from the resort’s name, ‘Yang Yun’, part of a 300-year-old inscription within Beijing’s Forbidden City meaning ‘nourishing cloud’. While celebrating the past, the spa also offers the finest modern, diagnostic and treatments tools. The treatments, journeys and rituals on offer draw inspiration from the origins of the resort, its proximity to Shanghai, and the traditional healing practices of China.
- Regular screenings of current and classic movies
- Ideal for presentations
Offers a range of finely crafted local arts, crafts, jewellery and antiques