- A gorgeous, hip, avant garde design boutique hotel in the centre of Beijing’s glossy Sanlitun village development, The Opposite House is as appealing for its light and luxe rooms as it is for its two restaurants, with alluring design care of renowned Japanese architect Kengo Kuma.
- This award winning hotel is a temple of design, both old and new. Outside, striking emerald glass celebrates traditional Chinese latticework. Inside, the soaring central atrium challenges traditional lobby expectations.
- The Opposite House is located in Taikoo Li Sanlitun at the heart of Beijing, surrounded by chic bars, unique restaurants and boutique shops. It is around a 10-minute drive from the CBD.
- Light, modern, and delightfully spacious, The Opposite House’s 98 Studios are all uncluttered apartment-style suites with deep oak soaking tubs in bathrooms. Studio 95’s come complete with a terrace and day bed which is unique in the city.
- Dine at three gourmet restaurants with a blend of Mediterranean and Chinese fare.
- Work out in a well-equipped fitness center, relax in the sauna, and swim in a dramatic 22 m stainless-steel pool with colored feature walls and illuminated with a ceiling of tiny lights.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
The Opposite House is a chic and trendy property located in the cosmopolitan, creative and vibrant heart of Beijing’s Santilun Village. With a contemporary style it is a refreshing option in the city’s many luxury hotels. Taking its name from both an old Chinese guesthouse across the courtyard and from the architectural contrast of old and new, the Opposite House is one of Beijing’s most stylish addresses. With its striking emerald glass exterior its stunning contemporary design is inspired by traditional Chinese wood lattice and reflects the vibrant street life surrounding the hotel. Serenity and a calm ambiance flow through the hotel that blends the lines between historic and modern, with art and accommodations offering a truly luxurious and cultural experience. Breathtaking atria, dramatic mood lighting, and uncluttered lines create an inspiring escape in fast-paced Beijing.
The Opposite House offers 98 spacious studios and a penthouse boasting a large roof terrace. All rooms feature a striking open plan design, high ceilings and plentiful natural light, evoking the feeling of spacious loft living. With crisp, white Egyptian cotton linen, modern comforts and spa inspired bathrooms with deep soak oak tubs and invigorating rain showers, the Opposite House is the ultimate in contemporary luxury. The property houses a superbly equipped gym and a large, stainless steel pool showcasing a dramatic interaction of light and metal. A genuine passion for food is also evident here, with a choice between 4 restaurants and bars including the Mediterranean Sureño, Mesh, the Village Cafe serving an all day western menu and Jing Yaa Tang serving fantastic Chinese cuisine.
The hotel’s 98 Rooms and one Penthouse all have high ceilings, plenty of natural light and wooden floors and furniture which, contrasted with the white fabrics provide a crisp, clean contemporary space. The studios feature deep soaking oak bathtubs for an in-room spa experience and all have complimentary mini bars and Wi-Fi. As per their names, the Suites range from 45 square metres up to an expansive 115 square metres of the Penthouse. This luxurious room is spread over two floors and has a large roof terrace and a kitchen.
With a clean and uncluttered design, Studio 45 feels spacious and airy, while the natural wood floors add a touch of warmth. Featuring a king size bed fitted with luxurious cotton bed linen.
Floor to ceiling windows in Studio 70 reveal the full extent of the strikingly simple design. A large bathroom, daybed and mood lighting system, all help to make the stay relaxing. Enjoy the panoramic view of Beijing or indulge in a range of modern luxuries, including a digital entertainment system, free wireless internet and a complimentary mini-bar.
An expansive suite of 95 square metres that promises an extremely comfortable visit. Offering privacy in the individual dining room and views of the city on the beautifully furnished personal balcony.
In a city like Beijing, having that extra bit of space is a true luxury. With generous living and bedroom areas, an individual dining space, daybeds, a private balcony and a personal Jacuzzi, Studio 115 promises an experience that is far beyond the ordinary.
Spreading over two spacious floors and a large roof terrace, the Penthouse’s full range of amenities and facilities meet every need. Cook up in the pantry kitchen, take a long soak in the deep oak bathtub or daydream by the shallow reflecting pools connecting the indoor and outdoor area.
The Opposite House has four restaurants all very contemporary in style with cuisine ranging from Mediterranean to Asian and two bars (a lounge bar with chilled tunes and pulsating Punk with live DJ).
Jing Yaa Tang
Designed by internationally-recognised restaurateur Alan Yau, Jing Yaa Tang presents a selection of dishes inspired by the famous Beijing roast duck, as well as a wide range of regional favourites across China. Using the finest ingredients and expertly executed, savour authentic Chinese cuisine at its best.
We totally understand if you want to spend more time in your room! Our kitchens are always ready to bring you anything from our in-room menu, even in the middle of the night. If you have any special dietary restrictions or allergies, please ask about our special menus.
Enjoy casual dining throughout the day in a spacious naturally lit setting. Sample international favourites presented with a modern twist.
A city bar with an extensive wine list, highly original cocktails and an eclectic bar menu, Mesh is the place to be. Soak up the atmosphere, recharge after a hard day and simply have some fun while listening to the DJ’s selection of chilled music.
The 22 metre stainless steel indoor swimming pool is adjacent to the gym, steam room and a small spa.
For a truly relaxing experience, go for a swim in our 22-metre stainless steel swimming pool. With lights dramatically reflecting off the burnished metal walls, relax your mind in the uncluttered ambience.
Whether you are an avid gym enthusiast or a casual gym-goer, our gym caters to any fitness level. Work on your strength with our full range of free weights or get your heart pumping with cardio exercises on our Technogym equipment.