- Live the Legend at Sofitel Legend Old Cataract Aswan, an iconic, historical luxury hotel in a 19th-century Victorian palace on the banks of the river Nile.
- Travel back in time to a more elegant era, as you enter a world of Moorish domes, Byzantine arches and exquisite Persian carpets. Under crimson chandeliers, you immerse yourself in an opulent mélange of French and Arabian styles.
- Gliding across polished marble floors under grand arcades, your gaze is drawn to photographs of former guests – Agatha Christie, Winston Churchill and Lady Diana. This legendary retreat in the heart of Aswan has hosted the haut monde for over a century. Stroll halls that have hosted Margaret Thatcher, U.S. President Jimmy Carter and Queen Noor.
- Boasting 220 luxurious rooms & suites, Sofitel Legend offers the ultimate Egyptian retreat, affording magnificent hospitality, and luxurious facilities.
- Indulge in fine dining at the historical 1902 Restaurant. Feast as architect H. Favarger intended, under an Arabian dome, ringed by mashrabiya windows.
- Spin around to captivate scenes of the Nubian Desert, Khnum Temple, Elephantine Island and Aswan Museum steps away. An infinity pool seems to cascade into the river.
- Luxuriate in So Spa with a deep Nubian massage with sandal wood oil or a papyrus wrap with white clay followed by a hibiscus tea on the rose granite terrace at sunset.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Celebrating the history of ancient Egypt, the enigmatic Pyramids of Giza come to life beneath a canopy of stars.
See the city from a completely different angle on a river tour aboard a traditional felucca, a long wooden sail boat that historically carried everything from food and supplies to pharaohs.
Join Executive Chef Emad Ebeid on a two-day culinary adventure, as he reveals the start-to-finish process of creating his menus. Our experience includes an exclusive tour of Makar Farms and local wine tastings.
Explore the works of celebrated Egyptian artist Farouk Hosny along with the more than 200 paintings and sculptures we proudly house in our lobby art gallery.
Sail down the Nile together in a traditional felucca, a long wooden sail boat that historically carried pharaohs, food and supplies.
The Egyptian Giza Zoo, opened in 1891, showcases a multitude of animal breeds and plants from all over the world.
Explore the desert by horseback with a private guide. Camelback tours are also offered.
As the sun sets over the Pyramids in Cairo, ride on camels through the desert to a lavishly furnished Four Seasons Bedouin tent under the stars. You’ll be welcomed to the candle-lit oasis by staff bearing flaming torches. Enjoy a gourmet meal in the private setting, while a talented harp musician plays and a belly dancer sways.
Your sojourn leads you to the gates of Egypt. The warmth of the Nubian Desert presses against your skin as you behold the majestic Nile. A 19th-century Victorian palace rises from a ledge of pink granite, blending Pharaonic treasures with French art de recevoir. Welcome to Sofitel Legend Old Cataract Aswan. Situated in the Nubian Desert on the banks of the Nile River in Aswan, Egypt, Sofitel Legend is an oasis reminiscent of a legendary dream. Blending historic significance with a stunning setting across Elephantine Island and unrivaled, luxury accommodations, the hotel is a destination unto itself. Discover sophisticated interiors by Sybille de Margerie in the historic Palace, a world of Moorish arches, ruby red chandeliers, plush Persian carpets, soft armchairs and hand-carved furnishings. Dating back to 1899, the venerable Old Cataract’s very name was inspired by the marriage of the river and the granite wall that forms the first cataract of the Nile.
Aswan’s Old Cataract is a place where history and modern elegance collide with breath-taking results. This historical palace offers 220 luxurious rooms & suites right on the Nile. A range of exquisite dining options includes the all-day dining Saraya, where you can feast on fresh Mediterranean cuisine packed with local flavours. There’s also the stunning high dome of the French gourmet restaurant, 1902; and the Oriental Kebabgy, with Mediterranean cuisine on its Nile side terrace. Promenade has a selection of bars on a pink granite rock causeway with wonderful views towards Elephantine Island, perfect for a sundowner or two or indulging in high tea. So Spa offers rejuvenating treatments from around the world and includes an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, hammam steam room and gym.
Boasting 220 luxurious accommodations, including 82 stunning suites, Sofitel Legend Old Cataract Aswan offers the ultimate Egyptian retreat, affording magnificent hospitality, and luxurious facilities. The hotel offers 2 different luxury experiences in which heritage is preserved: in the Palace, 76 rooms and suites while contemporary elegance is lavishly designed in the Nile with 62 rooms and suites. For lavish Aswan accommodation, book one of 37 Nile or 45 Palace suites. Ask the butler for champagne and unwind in exquisite lounge areas and bathrooms. Historic Churchill or Agatha Christie Suites host guests in beautiful wood floored dining rooms.
Deluxe City & Museum View Room - 44 sqm
- Spacious rooms with authentic design
- Exclusive view of the Egyptian Museum
- Luxurious Asprey bathroom amenities
Deluxe Nile View Room - 44 sqm
- Breathtaking views of the River Nile
- Spacious rooms with authentic design
Junior Suite - 72 sqm
- Views of the Egyptian Museum, City Center
- Spacious suite with living area
- Marble bathroom with built-in mirror LED
Executive Suite - 96 sqm
- Connection to twin room for families
- Panoramic views of the River Nile
The Ritz-Carlton Suite - 117 sqm
- Connection to twin room for families, with an external door for privacy
- Panoramic views of the river Nile and City Center
- L-shaped balcony overlooking the Nile and the city
- Located on the corner of each floor to enjoy a great level of privacy
- Exclusive access to Club Lounge
Presidential Suite - 144 sqm
- Expansive living and dining rooms
- Access to the exclusive Club Lounge
- Panoramic views over the River Nile
Royal Suite - 300 sqm
- Living, dining and office spaces
- Directly connected to Executive Suite
- Panoramic views over the River Nile
Taste creative Oriental inspired cuisine at our Aswan restaurants, from grills at Oriental Kebabgy to Mediterranean a la carte at Saraya. The renowned 1902 restaurant, resplendent with an Arabian dome, celebrates cuisine francaise and vintage wines. At our stylish bars in Aswan, transform a tete a tete or pre dinner drink into refined refreshment. Celebrate with whisky and wine at The Bar, a Sir Winston Churchill favorite. Sip fruit cocktails on the Promenade or Yasmine, and high tea on The Terrace.
The open kitchen at Culina offers both temptation and entertainment. Chefs at the all-day dining restaurant prepare an array of international and local dishes, offering buffet-style for breakfast and lunch, while a la carte for dinner. Fridays host Cairo favorite brunch. The signature Friday Brunch features sumptuous seafood stations, complemented by a premium selection of Martini, Bloody Mary and Sangrias. Fun for all ages, Culina’s brunch brings live jazz and children’s entertainment. The restaurant also offers a beautiful view of the hotel garden overlooking the Egyptian Museum.
Flavors from around the Middle East are brought together at Bab El-Sharq. Set amid lush gardens with a view of the Egyptian Museum, the outdoor restaurant offers a traditional dining experience in the heart of Cairo. Mezze and signature dishes are paired with flavored shisha, live entertainment and broadcasts of major sporting events.
Vivo “live” offers rustic and Italian gastronomy in a modern, contemporary setting overlooking view of the Nile and Cairo tower. The Nile Ritz-Carlton’s renowned Italian restaurant Vivo is celebrating the “Farm to table” concept by offering Italian seasonal organic and vegetarian promotions from local farms in Egypt.
Bar’Oro at this Cairo hotel offers the ultimate wine pairing and an unmatched Nile River view from the terrace. The classic cocktail bar is intimate and elegant, creating an inviting setting for signature drinks, fine wines and Italian-inspired small plates. A walk-in humidor houses cigars, and special events are hosted throughout the week.
Named for the Goddess of the Night, NOX bar fills evenings in Cairo with hand-crafted cocktails, globally inspired small plates, live performances and DJ-spun music. The stylish rooftop lounge offers views over the Nile and the city’s iconic landmarks.
Elegant yet relaxed, the Lobby Lounge offers a 24-hour dining destination in Cairo. The menu transforms throughout the day, catering equally to breakfast meetings and after-dinner nightcaps. Each Saturday, the lounge hosts the hotel’s signature Afternoon Tea, featuring a decadent chocolate display, live music and Wedgewood china.
Cairo’s Ritz Bar recalls the intimacy of a classic cocktail lounge, where the din of conversation mingles with the clink of glasses and music. Mixologists behind the bar craft familiar drinks alongside their own creations, which are paired with a menu of light snacks.
Throughout Egypt, bakeries feature breads and finely layered pastries filled with nuts and dripping in honey. At Cairo’s Sweet Boutique, devotees of traditional local desserts will find their favorites alongside internationally known sweets and handmade chocolates. The bakery also offers coffees, juices, sandwiches, light snacks and an assortment of fine Perchi Chocolates.
Aqua offers light fare and refreshing cocktails on a shaded terrace overlooking the pool and enjoy the fresh Nile breeze and the warmth of sunny Egypt.
Enjoy the luxurious amenities of a 5-star Egyptian hotel, including a Kids Club with activities for children babysitting, car hire, dry cleaning, currency exchange and tour booking, including sunset and breakfast felucca cruises. After a busy day in Aswan, So SPA invites you to revitalize in the hammam, jacuzzi and indoor heated pool (adult only) surrounded by glittering mosaic pillars.
On a hot summer day, the hotel’s Olympic-sized pool, fringed with private cabanas, is the perfect escape.
A self-indulging experience flared with the ancient secrets of beauty at Sofitel SPA. A specially designed selection of treatments, leveraged with a sensitive blend of traditional recipes and modern artistic application, creates a total spiritual and physical rejuvenating. Travelers and serenity seekers throughout history have pinpointed this particular part of the world as one of the finest destinations for explicit medication whilst watching the magical sunset. Sofitel SPA is inspired by its crowning location in the heart of the Nile, where all essential minerals and life merits are combined together to base a culture and heritage knowledge of well-being and beauty enhancement therapies. Sofitel SPA simply takes its visitors into an era of the pharaonic arts of creating beauty queens and gods.
Ritz Kids Club
As Jean-Michel Cousteau says, All kids start out as scientists, constantly asking ‘Why? What’s that? How does it work?’ Ritz Kids experiences at The Nile Ritz-Carlton, Cairo tap into that innate curiosity by introducing our youngest guests to both the natural wonders and the rich cultural traditions of our family-friendly Cairo hotel. Immersive and adventurous, the hotel’s experiences provide your child with enthralling activities to reward their interest in the beauty and workings of the world we live in. With a diverse collection of vacation activities based on the four pillars of the program – water, land, environmental responsibility and culture – kids are swept away by everything from coral reefs and forests, to recycling and sustainability, storytelling, art and even food.