- Deplar Farm is a grass-roofed adventure & wellness eco luxe lodge surrounded by snow-dusted mountains & emerald green pastures. Formerly an 18th-century sheep farm, it has now been converted into a all-inclusive luxurious heli-skiing, salmon fishing & wellness retreat in Iceland’s isolated far north.
- Deplar Farm’s unique set-up channels the ancient spirit of its landscape to create a breathtaking bucket list getaway.
- Situated in a remote valley that runs towards the frosty Atlantic Ocean, Deplar ranks as one of the most isolated, yet luxurious lodges in the world. Its perfect for those who want transformative wilderness experiences in rustic luxury.
- 13 elegant and stylish suites with panoramic views of the dramatic landscape.
- Facilities include a gym, yoga studio, library, cinema room with games consoles and movies, plus a bar with a pool table and dartboard.
- The spa boasts massage studios, an indoor and outdoor pool (heated by geothermal springs and complete with a swim-up bar), an indoor and outdoor ‘Viking’ sauna, a cold plunge pool (for the brave), an open-air hot tub, a steam room and saltwater flotation pods.
- The award winning chefs prepare delicious modern Icelandic dishes for guests based on their dietary preferences. Each supper is paired with wines from the farm’s expansive cellar.
- During the day go sea kayaking, snorkeling with puffins, whale watching or mountain biking across the crisp landscape. In the evening relax with a massage in the spa, and stargaze at the Northern Lights with a birch-grain cocktail in the geothermal pool or on the deck that overlooks the shimmering Fljótaá River.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Deplar Farm is one of the world’s most spectacular wilderness lodges. This converted sheep farm is now an eco luxe adventure & wellness lodge which lies in the remote Fljót valley in Iceland, surrounded by 3,000 ft peaks, glacial rivers and mirror-still lakes of the Tröllaskagi Peninsula. The lodge blends into the natural landscape with its black timber cladding & grass-sodded roof, and floor-to-ceiling windows that embrace the surrounding peaks. You will delight in the 13 en-suite rooms with design details such as lambskin rugs and river-sourced stone fittings, along with a Viking spa, a geothermal infinity pool with built-in bar, yoga room, cinema and games room and a living room; all with spectacular views of the dramatic landscape. A highlight is the Eleven Experience Guide Team – specialist adventure & expedition leaders with an unrivalled passion & knowledge for Iceland’s wilderness. The ethos revolves around providing you with ‘the best day ever’ tailored on your own desires, wishes and fitness levels. There are no rain checks, no down days, just extraordinary experiences.
Activities abound depending on the season: skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, fat biking, surfing, kayaking, snorkeling, whale watching, hot spring tours, horseback riding, hiking & fly fishing for salmon. We have 2 cabins along our 8 mile stretch of the 2-rod Hölkna River so guests can overnight steps from the fishery. All gear for activities is included. At the lodge you can try archery & laser tag, read a book, watch a movie, spend a spa day – hopping from the geothermal-heated outdoor pool to the hot tub, while gawking at the Northern Lights dancing accross the sky. Before you arrive, you will plan activities with Deplar’s Experience Manager and be assigned a guide for the duration of your trip. If you’re an adrenaline junkie, then you’re in the right place. Likewise, if you’re simply looking for somewhere off the grid to turn off your phone and put your feet up, that’s what Deplar Farm is here for.
Decked out in sheepskin, Moroccan wools, and textured walls, Deplar Farm’s 13 bedrooms are a cozy contrast to the raw landscape outside. Grettir, the master bedroom, has a mezzanine loft with a spacious seating area. Our four gallery suites all have mezzanine-style lofts with hammocks and day beds for lounging or additional guests.
Thirteen en suite bedrooms including:
- Five king suites with en suite bathrooms
- Four king suites with en suite bathrooms, queen sleeping lofts and balconies
- Two queen suites with en suite bathrooms
- One king suite with an en suite bathroom, lofted lounge and private balcony
- One bunkroom with four double beds and a double en suite bathroom
The basic Icelandic diet hasn’t changed much since the Viking days. Arctic char, north Atlantic salmon, lamb, and skyr are still staples, but our chef, Iceland’s 2018 chef of the year, Garðar Garðarsson, prepares them with modern techniques and a dash of international flavor. Neighboring farmers and fishermen make regular deliveries, so menus are always source-to-table. Expect blueberry-topped pancakes, langoustine soup, and pasture-raised lamb, as well as craft beers from local brewers and wines from Deplar’s extensive cellar.
At Deplar Farm, we serve food and drinks that celebrate the surroundings. Our fish is sourced locally, and sustainably, and our lamb is pasture-raised. We buy products from local farmers, and our mission is to eventually harvest our own vegetables and become truly source-to-fork.
Our chef, Iceland’s 2018 chef of the year, Garðar Garðarsson, prepares customized traditional Icelandic meals with modern techniques for all guests. Upon arrival, guests receive drinks and welcome appetizers. Snacks are served après any activity, during all seasons. All common areas are loaded with snack bars and house-made goodies. Dinner is a chance for our chef’s creativity to shine. Icelandic craft brews and wines from Deplar’s extensive cellar can be paired with any meal.
You can choose between a wide range of activities, including cross-country skiing, fat biking, snowshoeing, surfing, whale watching, hot spring tours, resort skiing, snowmobiling and hiking. All gear for activities are included. At the logde you can try archery and laser tag. If Northern Lights dance accross the sky, you do not have to go far – you can simply view this natural phenomena from the lodge. There are also several cultural activities to explore, including a local herring museum, visit to a chocolate cafè, brewery tour or brewery spa! Before you arrive, you will plan your stay and activities together with one of Deplar’s Experience Managers and be assigned a guide for the duration of your trip. If you’re an adrenaline junkie, then you’re in the right place. Likewise, if you’re simply looking for somewhere off the map to turn off your phone and put your feet up, that’s what Deplar Farm is here for.
Iceland’s midnight sun means long summer days and endless opportunity for outdoor activities. April through September is prime time for fly fishing and Eleven has access to some of the most exclusive rivers in Iceland. The Fljótaá, a world-class Atlantic salmon and Arctic char river, is in our backyard. Further away, we have two cabins along our eight-mile stretch of the two-rod Hölkna River so guests can overnight steps from the fishery. Back at the lodge, many guests choose to spend entire days in our spa, hopping from the geothermal-heated outdoor pool to the hot tub.
- Geothermal indoor/outdoor pool with swim-up bar
- Sauna and steam room
- Indoor and outdoor hot tubs
- Media room
- Premium spa facility featuring two Isopod flotation tanks and three treatment rooms
- Fully equipped conference room
- Two helipads
- Billiards, foosball and ping pong table
- Custom-made band loft
- Bar and lounge
- Gym and yoga room