- Once a winter retreat for Finland’s president, this log cabin on the outskirts of Saariselka in Lapland has been transformed into a 10-room boutique hotel. Here sumptuous local specialities are served up in a serene Arctic setting, with a sauna and indoor pool offering added comfort.
- We deliver the complete boutique experience for adults only (18+) consisting of purity of nature, local delicacies, luxurious accommodation and great Nordic outdoors tailored to your wishes.
- Relax in the spa or take a dip in the indoor pool as you watch the snow fall outside.
- This adults-only escape is perfect for couples or friends travelling together.
- You have an activity included each day of your stay so you can make the most of your wilderness surroundings.
- Enjoy incredible food, with delicious 5 course dinners.
- Being one of World’s Wildest Hotels in the far north of Finland in the Arctic Circle, Jávri Lodge is the place to be, if you seeking luxurious isolation and relaxation as well as peacefulness but an adventure.
- Saariselka is Finland’s most northerly ski resort, 250km inside the Arctic Circle and just 30km from the Russian border.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Experience the calm and peaceful arctic nature on a pair of skis, crossing Finland’s wintry wilderness. After a brief demonstration on how to use the skis, you will set off towards the border of the National Park.
Head to the nearby slopes and whizz your way down at breakneck speed- luckily you have soft snow to cushion you if you fall.
The independent family-owned Jávri Lodge is a luxury and boutique adult-only hotel, set in idyllic small village Saariselkä, some 150 miles north of the Arctic Circle in the wilds of Northern Finland. Jávri Lodge was once the official winter home of Finland’s former President Urho Kekkonen. In 2016. The log chalet was transformed into a boutique hotel. There are six Cozy Doubles and three Presidential Suites with its original log walls and four SkyView Suites upstairs. With only 13 rooms on site, Jávri Lodge delivers an ultimate luxury Arctic experience consisting of purity of nature, local delicacies, luxurious accommodation and Nordic outdoors tailored to guests’ personal interests. After the day’s exploits, warm up in the authentic sauna and in-house pool or indulge in relaxing massage treatments. Jávri Lodge invites guests to enjoy all this without hurry and at peace.
Being one of World’s Wildest Hotels in the far north of Finland in the Arctic Circle, Jávri Lodge is the place to be, if you seeking luxurious isolation and relaxation as well as peacefulness but an adventure.
There are just 6 rooms and 7 suites at Javri Lodge. Each room is comfortably spacious with en suite bathrooms. The suites are larger with a living room area. The lodge can also be taken under exclusive use for larger parties.
Cozy Doubles are approximately 21 square metres and feature original log walls with king-size beds, sophisticated wooden furniture, art glasses by Markku Salo Design and a private bathroom. The rooms are furnished using natural materials such as oak, wool, linen, and lambskin, and they all represent Scandinavian design aesthetics.
The three presidential are larger (from 36 – 53 square metres) showcasing a seating area with a comfy sofa. Presidential Suites have a king-size bed and original log walls, plus are furnished using natural materials such as oak, wool, linen, reindeer and lambskins, and they all represent Scandinavian design aesthetics.
The 4 SkyView Suites are situated on the second floor with floor-to-ceiling windows offering magnificent views out onto the never-ending wilderness. There’s an inviting seating area next to the window, Lamino lounge chairs coupled with contemporary furniture and art glasses by Markku Salo Design. Suites have king-size beds and a private bathroom. The rooms are furnished using natural materials such as oak, wool, linen, leather, and lambskin and they all represent Scandinavian design aesthetics. SkyView suites range is side from 28-32 square metres.
There is also a cosy lounge and a wine cellar with a large range of choice. There is a really strong focus on the food here and the passionate chef proudly prepares delicious and exotic dishes with a nightly changing menu, usually consisting of at least 4 courses. The breakfast is freshly prepared each morning and is delicious with choices of freshly baked bread, home made jams, fresh local fish and selections of cheese too.
Meals are taken on a long communal table in the L-shaped main room, with a different menu conjured up each day. It’s all defiantly local: king crab soup with milk foam, reindeer tartare and fried whitefish from nearby lake Inari all featured during my stay. Juha knows his wine, so you’re unlikely to be disappointed there either.
Shoes off when you arrive, out of respect to those wooden floors. Then you’re encouraged to treat the place as your own: fall asleep next to the log fire, or watch the reindeer potter outside. Juha and his attentive staff can book excursions (ice-fishing, husky-driving, snowmobiling or cross-country skiing) via Lapland Safaris, and there’s a lovely pool and decent-sized sauna. Aside from that, you’re on your own, although the sky may well provide night-time entertainment in the form of the Northern Lights.
To escape the cold outside Javri has an inviting indoor pool as well as 2 authentic saunas and massages can also be arranged.