- Experience a private wilderness experience in the heart of Finnish Lapland at Octola – a combination of a modern glass house, rustic wilderness cabin and a private luxury hotel.
- Set on more than 300 hectares of pristine forest, Octola Lodge in Finland is accessible by car, helicopter or snowmobile. Just a 20-minute drive from Rovaniemi International Airport, the lodge offers total seclusion, stunning views and a wealth of leisure and sporting activities.
- Its ten spacious rooms are spread across two wings which combine contemporary design and rustic wilderness features with geothermal heating throughout. Interiors include sumptuous décor in muted tones to complement forest views from the floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Savour Nordic cuisine prepared by Octola Lodge’s dedicated team of chefs. Indulge in an extravagant eight-course North Pole degustation menu, prepared with regional produce, in the comfort of the lodge’s intimate dining room.
- Days spent outdoors are filled with adrenaline-fuelled no-emission snowmobile safaris, husky dog sledding, tobogganing, snow-shoeing, skiing and reindeer herding.
- Relax in the lodge’s sauna and Jacuzzi, or marvel at the kaleidoscope Aurora – the Northern Lights, occurring like clockwork from August to April.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Experience the calm and peaceful arctic nature on a pair of skis, crossing Finland’s wintry wilderness. After a brief demonstration on how to use the skis, you will set off towards the border of the National Park.
Head to the nearby slopes and whizz your way down at breakneck speed- luckily you have soft snow to cushion you if you fall.
Octola is a private eco-luxury 10-bedroom wilderness chalet perfect for small groups or large families, located within the Arctic Circle in Finnish Lapland, 20 minutes from Rovaniemi Airport. Situated in the heart of a private 300-hectare wilderness reserve, Octola offers ultimate privacy and tailored luxury services. It is a fully catered and hosted destination where a private chef is on hand to serve up delicious nordic cuisine, using locally-sourced ingredients, tailored to your tastes and butler to prepare the hot tub and sauna. The crowning jewel of Octala is the location, siutated in the heart if a private 300-hectare wilderness reserve at a peak where all you can see in any direction is lush snow-covered forest and the winding river below. The chalet is perfect for those seeking privacy and quiet, far away from the crowds where you can truly immerse yourself in nature.
Exclusive private activities with your guide include snowshoe excursions in search of the Northern Lights, cross-country skiing, tobogganing, husky sledging, snowmobiling, winter ice driving and private visits to Santa Claus. The food is all sourced locally according to the 8 Arctic seasons of Lapland and consisting mainly of game, wild plants, berries, mushrooms and fish, all local, pure and ecologically gathered from nature to your table by your own Michelin star Chef complemented by wines chosen by one of the top sommeliers in Finland.
10-suite log cabin in the middle of the Arctic wilderness.
Cozy Doubles are approximately 21 square metres and feature original log walls with king-size beds, sophisticated wooden furniture, art glasses by Markku Salo Design and a private bathroom. The rooms are furnished using natural materials such as oak, wool, linen, and lambskin, and they all represent Scandinavian design aesthetics.
The three presidential are larger (from 36 – 53 square metres) showcasing a seating area with a comfy sofa. Presidential Suites have a king-size bed and original log walls, plus are furnished using natural materials such as oak, wool, linen, reindeer and lambskins, and they all represent Scandinavian design aesthetics.
The 4 SkyView Suites are situated on the second floor with floor-to-ceiling windows offering magnificent views out onto the never-ending wilderness. There’s an inviting seating area next to the window, Lamino lounge chairs coupled with contemporary furniture and art glasses by Markku Salo Design. Suites have king-size beds and a private bathroom. The rooms are furnished using natural materials such as oak, wool, linen, leather, and lambskin and they all represent Scandinavian design aesthetics. SkyView suites range is side from 28-32 square metres.
The food is all sourced locally according to the 8 Arctic seasons of Lapland and consisting mainly of game, wild plants, berries, mushrooms and fish, all local, pure and ecologically gathered from nature to your table by your own Michelin star Chef complemented by wines chosen by one of the top sommeliers in Finland.
Meals are taken on a long communal table in the L-shaped main room, with a different menu conjured up each day. It’s all defiantly local: king crab soup with milk foam, reindeer tartare and fried whitefish from nearby lake Inari all featured during my stay. Juha knows his wine, so you’re unlikely to be disappointed there either.
It is a fully catered and hosted destination with exclusive private activities including guided snowshoe excursions in search of the Northern Lights, cross-country skiing, tobogganing, husky sledging, snowmobiling, winter ice driving and private visits to Santa Claus.
To escape the cold outside Javri has an inviting indoor pool as well as 2 authentic saunas and massages can also be arranged.