- A fairytale Chateau hotel with glorious views – perched on a rocky outcrop, it overlooks the picturesque Lot valley and the Cahors vineyards.
- Château de Mercuès is one of the most beautiful hotels in a vineyard and a masterpiece for wine lovers. It offers the ultimate wine experience with a majestic underground cellar.
- A perfect spot from which to enjoy the picturesque villages, stunning landscapes of the Lot river area and its fabulous heritage.
- Staying in this 13th century château overlooking the Lot valley is a truly unique experience, an authentic immersion in the history of France during the Middle Ages. Built on a rocky promontory, this was the summer residence of the Counts and Bishops of Cahors for seven centuries.
- The Château de Mercuès has 24 guest rooms and six suites, each of them with a charming and particular character, and two very famous suites : “The Bishop-room” and the “Tower”.
- There are various activities available and the hotel has an outdoor pool and facilities for mountain biking, various hiking trails, tennis (on site), and can organise horse riding, water skiing on the river, fishing and there is also a nearby flying club for the more adventurous.
- The chef draws his inspiration from local producers, and has won an international reputation for working wonders with black Lalbenque truffles and Quercy lamb. The wine list includes the great Malbec wines and vintages produced in the château’s very own wine cellars, because before being the owner, Mr. Vigouroux was the wine grower.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
We invite you to share our epicurean philosophy and discover Georges Vigouroux’s unique ‘luxury agritourism’ on our exceptional estates. You can sample exquisite world-famous products from the Lot valley – Malbec wines, truffles and saffron. We offer a wide choice of activities that you will remember forever.
You experience the fine wines Malbec from Cahors while staying in a magnificent 13th-century castle where you will enjoy luxury, calm and the finest cuisine and wines. We can provide unique tailor-made packages at the service of our fine wines Malbec and Cahors vineyards discovery.
In Occitania near to Mercuès, we have beautiful villages whose a part are the most beautiful villages of France. Occitania is full of castles near to Château de Mercuès, imbued with the France history.
Our Relais & Châteaux partners share their favorite destinations in Bordeaux and the South West region, to enjoy on your first trip or on a return visit.
Be transported by the unique feel at the four-star Château de Mercuès, a wine-estate hotel in the Relais & Châteaux group. This beautiful medieval castle perched on a rocky outcrop overlooks the picturesque Lot valley and Cahors vineyards, giving exceptional views from every vantage point.
Historic region before the creation of reign of France, a lot of historical monuments resist through time.
Occitania is full of castles near to Château de Mercuès, imbued with the France history.
In Occitania near to Mercuès, we have beautiful villages whose a part are the most beautiful villages of France.
Near to a nature reserve, the nature is undamaged and beautiful in our region.
The Chateau de Mercuès is a fairytale chateau with stupendous views over the River Lot and surrounding Cahors Vineyards. Step back in time, indulge in rich regional cuisine and learn about the local wine during your stay. Perched on a rocky outcrop, Chateau de Mercuès overlooks the picturesque Lot valley and the Cahors vineyards and offers an exceptional view wherever you look whether from your room or suite or outside from the terrace or pool – the scenery is magical. The Château de Mercuès has a total of 24 guest rooms and six suites, each of them has its own unique character and a different view and the two signature suites are “The Bishop-room” and the “Tower”.
Built in the 13th century, the chateau was the summer residence of the Counts and Bishops of Cahors for seven centuries. The chateau has been in the family for years and staying in this magical 13th century château overlooking the Lot valley is a truly unique experience, steeped in the history of France during the Middle Ages. There are immense staircases leading down to their magnificent wine cellar where you can take part in tastings of their own and local wines. Today, the Chef draws his inspiration from local producers, and has won an international reputation for working wonders with black Lalbenque truffles and Quercy lamb.
Château history is reflected in the room décor: each of the 24 doubles and six suites evoke a historical period between the 13th and 21st centuries. Original features abound and there are quirky touches such as the round bed beneath a blue ceiling of gold stars in the Renaissance-styled tower room. Every room has an Ipod docking station and cleverly integrated TV – brilliantly hidden within a huge gold-framed Louis XIV mirror in room No 16. Bathrooms are classical and some are older than others – only three have showers, the rest tubs.
These elegant Classic rooms have tasteful, warm decor and superb marble bathrooms. They offer breathtaking views over the valley vineyards or the garden.
Full of character with refined decor tastefully combining tradition and modernity, these Superior rooms offer stunning views over the valley vineyards or the garden.
These spacious Deluxe rooms embody elegance with an alliance of modern and tradition. They offer superb views over the valley vineyards or the garden.
These luxurious Junior suites come with a decor fit for a lord and lady, with aristocratic finishes throughout combined with chic modernity. They offer views over the valley vineyards or the garden.
These spacious, comfortable suites feature a rich, traditional decor with aristocratic finishes. Some are located in the Tower. All offer views over the valley vineyards or the garden.
These luxurious Icône suites, master rooms of the castle, re-create a WOW experience, full of history. They include sumptuous bathrooms and views over the valley vineyards or the garden. You can ask for a suite in the Tower.
The renowned gastronomic restaurant at Chateau de Mercuès includes delicacies such as lamb, saffron, duck and black truffle on its menu. There is also a ‘Menu dégustation’ for you to have a wholesome experience. During the summer you can enjoy your dinner in the Royal Courtyard. There is of course, a wonderful wine list to complement the menu, the majority produced from the surrounding vineyards.
The Duèze Restaurant
Our refined cuisine is lauded in the major national and international guides, above all in the Michelin guide 2017 with one star. It pays tribute to the world-famous gastronomy of the Quercy region based on saffron, duck, lamb and black truffles, and was developed by our former Chef, Julien Poisot. Julien Poisot starred chef at the restaurant “Le Duèze” offers a unique gastronomic experience in the heart of the new kitchen “technico-design” at Château de Mercuès. A magnificent exclusive table of 5 seats maximum and an exceptional tasting menu await the most hedonistic customers.
Bistrot of the Castle
Celebrate summer at this chic bistrot! With its terrace overlooking the Lot River, Le Bistrot offers a magnificent setting for lunch. The menu draws on market produce to create original dishes.
Chef Julien Poisot, one-starred in the Michelin Guide 2017, has a passion for ‘terroir’ plus the talent for choosing the best produce and creating innovative dishes. He says: “My cooking is instinctive. Above all I transform produce to allow it to express its quintessential nature and enhance it visually in a natural way.”
The outdoor pool and children’s paddling pool is open May to September. There is a synthetic grass tennis court and beautiful gardens to explore. Beehives and walking trails lace the surrounding forest; reception lends guests bicycles.
The hotel has an outdoor pool.
Château de Mercuès offers you the experience of 100% organic face and body treatments in partnership with Institut Phyt’s in Caillac. Open July and August from 9 am to 6 pm on weekdays and from 10 am to 6 pm on Saturdays.