- A medieval castle set in the heart of the Burgundian countryside, not far from the Morvan National Park and close to Vezelay. Guests can swim in a pool located in the underground vaults, or fish in the castle moat. Grand and elegant, the hotel is a favourite of Eric Clapton.
- The chateau is set in 100 acres of private grounds that border the little River Cousin. Vezelay and the Morvan National Park are on the doorstep. A grand but peaceful rural retreat. Where else offers trout fishing in the hotel’s private moat?
- The 17 historic rooms are individually furnished in a classic French style, and some have TVs and minibars. Upgraded rooms have regal decor and antique furniture, plus features ranging from fireplaces and 4-poster beds to beamed ceilings and tiles.
- There’s a fine-dining restaurant in the former kitchen, plus a bar with a fireplace. Other amenities include an indoor pool with a vaulted ceiling, a whirlpool tub, a tennis court and bike rentals, plus trout fishing and hot air ballooning.
- The Bourgogne region offers an exceptional cultural patrimony. The Vezelay basilica, the Fontenay abbey are both part of the UNESCO world heritage sites. The Chateau of Bazoches, the Chateau of Chastellux Medieval & picturesque village of Noyers are also little gem to discover in the area.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
The Château de Vault-de-Lugny retraces the History of France and particularly that of the region of Bourgogne through the centuries since 1120. Passing through the impressive fortifications from the XIIIth Century to enter the hotel ensures a romantic, relaxing and discrete stay far from the madding crowd. The Château invites you to a peaceful promenade and discovery in its 100-acres fenced park, its original dungeon, a classified Historical Monument from the XIVth Century and amazing sycamore from 1614. To also be discovered: the water moats, the 1srt category Cousin river, the Château’s farm, the refuge for animals living freely and the organic vegetable garden and its truffle plantation.
The 15-rooms & 2 suite hotel and its gourmet restaurant welcome you in the heart of the Bourgogne region at the entrance to the Nature Park of Morvan. Wine lovers will not resist the discovery of the Grand Crus of Chablis, Beaune et Côtes de Nuits (Corton-Charlemagne, Montrachet, Romanée-Conti ) as well as the nearby local wines from Irancy and Vézelay. The Bourgogne region offers an exceptional cultural patrimony. The Vezelay basilica, the Fontenay abbey are both part of the UNESCO world heritage sites. The Chateau of Bazoches, the Chateau of Chastellux Medieval & picturesque village of Noyers are also little gem to discover in the area.