- La Bastide de Moustiers is Alain Ducasse’s first country hotel nestled at the entrance of the Gorges du Verdon in Provence, France. Strolling in the park, plunging in the swimming-pool, lazing in a hammock, tasting the vegetables from the garden are simple pleasure of life making this Inn a place where time seems to stop.
- The jetset gourmands of Monaco fly in on their helicopters just to have lunch at this Alain Ducasse-owned romantic bolthole in Provence. This boutique country retreat offers historic charm and simple sophistication and occupies stunning grounds in one of France’s prettiest villages.
- Sitting in 10 acres of gardens, amidst gnarled olive trees and fragrant lavender plants, La Bastide abounds with period features – stone walls, flagstone floors, beamed ceilings & antique furniture. The result is a romantic hotel that exudes an air of cosy sophistication, quiet luxury and timeless Provincial charm.
- The Inn has 13 rooms and 2 suites and each one is individually decorated with unique period features, timeworn antiques – which give them distinctly different characters.
- The property is owned by French chef Alain Ducasse and the 1-michelin-starred restaurant serves provençal cuisine which is adapted according to the season and to the produce available in the hotel’s vegetable garden
- Facilities include a heated outdoor pool & organic gardens which supply the celebrated cuisine in the fine dining restaurant.
- Moustiers-Sainte-Marie is one of the most beautiful villages in France. Surrounding it are the Regional Park of Verdon and the majestic Gorges du Verdon. Here you can enjoy many activities like hot-air balloon rides, canyoning, rafting of horse-trekking. Activities include cooking lessons, hiking, biking, horseback riding, wine tasting & cultural tours.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Tour Montmartre and Sacre Coeur, visit Notre Dame or see Paris from the Eiffel Tower, near our hotel.
Wander through Galeries Lafayette, with more than 750,000 square feet of shops and restaurants.
Explore the famous attractions near our hotel, including the Louvre, Champs-Elysees and Opera Paris.
When one of the world’s most famous chefs falls in love with one of France’s most picturesque villages, the result can only be La Bastide de Moustiers. After chancing upon Moustiers-Ste-Marie, Alain Ducasse promptly bought a secluded seven-room home, which he later turned into an inn and Michelin-starred restaurant. Complete with charming rooms, an idyllic garden, a shady terrace, and a serene pool area, the inn is more than worthy of an overnight, but guests really come here for the restaurant. The three- and four-course menus change depending on what’s fresh in La Bastide’s vegetable garden, but often include such delicacies as tomato sorbet, stuffed zucchini flowers, and seasonal ratatouille. Whether you sit in front of the majestic walnut fireplace in Le Salon Voyage en Asie, or amid local pottery in Le Salon des Arts Décoratifs, you’re in for a magical meal. The restaurant also features a room for private groups and a salon with a single table for couples, making it perfect for celebrating a special occasion.
La Bastide de Moustiers is Alain Ducasse’s first country hotel nestled at the entrance of the Gorges du Verdon in Provence, France. Strolling in the park, plunging in the swimming-pool, lazing in a hammock, tasting the vegetables from the garden are simple pleasure of life making this Inn a place where time seems to stop.n 1994, while riding my motorcycle at random on the roads of Provence, I discovered a house standing amidst lavender and olive trees. I made it my anchoring harbour, my home, before deciding to open it to others. It has always had this very special place in my heart, and it still has today. La Bastide de Moustiers is a house full of charm situated at the heart of the Alpes de Haute Provence region. Former property of an earthenware master, it offers a splendid view on Moustiers-Sainte-Marie “cliff”. The main building was restored by local artisans. Alain Ducasse asked designer friend Tonia Peyrot to give the building the special feel that makes it so endearing. Alain Ducasse wanted his inn to be warm and welcoming, and each one of his guest to feel at home. Filled with a sincere will to please and to share his passion for the terroir , the local land, he personally dedicated himself to its fitting and thought about small details that give a family house its charm : antiques he went himself looking for, picnic baskets to go for a stroll, bicycles to discover the region. a 17th-century stone house in a field of lavender dotted with olive trees.
Moustiers sits in the heart of the Alpes de Haute Provence region. It’s an ancient town at the base of a set of dramatic limestone cliffs, a place of pilgrimage for centuries, and renowned for its tradition of artisanship and fine food.Moustiers-Sainte-Marie is one of the most beautiful villages in France. Surrounding it are the Regional Park of Verdon and the majestic Gorges du Verdon. Here you can enjoy many activities like hot-air balloon rides, canyoning, rafting of horse-trekking.
In our small hotel, we have 11 rooms and 2 suites. Particularly spacious is the Bastidon Suite. It comprises two rooms, a bedroom and a living room, as well as a bathroom and a dressing room, covering a total area of almost 80 square metres. Alain Ducasse and his interior design friend Tonia Peyrot worked together on the décor to give this new suite a charm that is both chic as well as traditional.
Celebrated, Michelin-starred restaurant where chef Christophe Martin creates authentic ‘cuisine de terroir’ with fresh produce from our vegetable garden. For the food, of course, is the main attraction. It starts with the gardens, overseen by a master gardner who chooses the best of the day’s produce and delivers it each morning to a spot beneath the kitchen windows. If one of the many varieties of heirloom tomatoes happens to be at its peak that day, the kitchen might turn it into a tomato sorbet, served, perhaps, with local lamb and one of the best ratatouilles on earth. This sort of stuff wouldn’t be so out of place at a Parisian temple of gastronomy, but to eat it on a garden terrace, with views of the Provençal hills spread out before you and scents from the herb garden blowing in on the breeze — well, we’ll take that over gilded mirrors and waiters in suits any day.
The Summer Terrace
The Westin Paris-Vendôme unveils its new pop-up restaurant. Inspired by the savannah and in a spirit of return from travel, this terrace is the ideal place for a refreshing break, a lunch or a dinner.
Facilities include our garden, our animals and the swimming-pool, which is heated from mid-April to mid-October.
Nestled in the heart of the Alpes de Haute-Provence area ( 55 miles from Aix-en-Provence) and at the entrance to the Gorges du Verdon, la Bastide de Moustiers is situated in Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, a small village famous for earthenware. Moustiers-Sainte-Marie is one of the most beautiful villages in France. Surrounding it are the Regional Park of Verdon and the majestic Gorges du Verdon. Here you can enjoy many activities like hot-air balloon rides, canyoning, rafting of horse-trekking.