- Located opposite the beach, just a few yards from the famous boardwalk and the Casino Barriere de Deauville, the Royal Barriere has been welcoming the world’s most illustrious stars since 1913. Today, its sumptuous setting and its superb swimming pool continue to offer the perfect destination for the holiday of your dreams.
- Just two hours from Paris in the seaside town of Deauville, the Hôtel Barrière Le Royal Deauville is open from March to October.
- Built in 1913, with a sumptuous 1900s architecture, it dominates the coastline with a majestic seafront presence. Located in the center of Deauville, just a stone’s throw from major French fashion designer boutiques, the Barrière Le Royal is also an ideal starting point to explore Normandy’s rich architectural and historic heritage like the Landing Beaches or the Mont-Saint-Michel.
- During the day, guests can also claim a sun lounger by the heated swimming pool or a cabana on the beach, or tour the area on one of the complimentary bicycles.
- This oceanfront palace, commands seven floors that dominate the coastline and that feature rooms and suites designed by Jacques Garcia and Nathalie Ryan.
- The chef offers delightful dishes combining excellent cuisine with gorgeous settings and impeccable service. A sheer pleasure & unforgettable experience.
- The hotel overlooks the sandy beach and famous Deauville boardwalk, and is just a stone’s throw from haute couture boutiques.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
The grounds are full of surprises. For example, you will discover a tennis court with open access to guests staying at the Château.After a full day of touring, challenge your friends to a good-natured doubles match in an extraordinary environment.
Bicycles are available free of charge to guests of La Chenevière.There is no shortage of routes to take around the Château. Set off to tackle the small Norman roads on a quick outing or a longer excursion.Follow the sea air as you embark on an exploration of the coastline, or instead opt to delve into the green countryside of the Bessin region.
La Chenevière has its own authorized helipad. Not only can newlyweds make a stunning arrival for their wedding reception at the Château, but it is also a stopping or starting point for helicopter tours which fly over the WWII landing beaches, the beaches at Arromanches and Deauville, the town of Honfleur, the city of Le Havre, and Normandy Bridge. An original way to admire the region from above.
Located opposite the beach, just a few yards from the famous boardwalk and the Casino Barriere de Deauville, the Royal Barriere has been welcoming the world’s most illustrious stars since 1913. Today, its sumptuous setting and its superb swimming pool continue to offer the perfect destination for the holiday of your dreams. Hôtel Barrière Le Royal Deauville enjoys the best location in town—and makes the most of it. The 1913 Belle Epoque building rises imperially above its own private garden facing a pristine stretch of sandy beach, just steps from Deauville’s meeting venues and luxury-shopping streets but in a quiet neighborhood of classic Norman half-timbered villas. The hotel offers unobstructed views of a spectacular swath of the Normandy coastline from Le Havre in the east to Ouistreham in the west. The show goes on in the hotel’s grand public rooms, decorated with photos of the movie stars, polo champions and other international figures who have made Le Royal their headquarters hotel for generations.
Guests of the Hôtel Barrière Le Royal Deauville are encouraged to feel that they have entered another era—one where it would not feel out of place to have packed a velvet smoking jacket or a silk peignoir. Public areas and guest quarters are decorated with unabashed old-world glamour: extravagant drapery, crystal chandeliers, rich color schemes. While proud of its historic ties to the entertainment industry and the world of sports, Hôtel Barrière Le Royal Deauville is equally proud of how it has staked out new territory in hospitality, adding yoga by the hip French firm Le Tigre to its offerings at the Diane Barrière spa and retooling the menu in its classic restaurant, Côté Royal, to focus on lighter fare. The hotel’s concierge staff can arrange for guests to try their hands at traditional Deauville activities like horseback riding on the beach, as well as privileged entrée to the resort’s busy program of cultural events.
Each room has its own unique design which harmoniously combines ancient charm and modern comfort. Each of these pastel-shaded rooms delivers elegant comfort in their own way, while providing a cosy and romantic atmosphere.While the guest rooms are light and uncluttered, with sumptuous beds, spotless modern bathrooms and lush robes, the antique accents of the fixtures and fittings – and the floral wallpaper – are very much in keeping with the château’s history. Several larger rooms and suites, in the former stables alongside, have private balconies or patios.
Our Classic Rooms are particularly well-suited to couples and short stays.Decorated in pastel colours, their gentle brightness is further accentuated by tall windows facing the park. They stand apart for their classical style which recalls French art of living. Warm and comfortable, they have all the necessary conveniences to make your stay a pleasant one. In each one, you will find a soothing atmosphere, conducive to rest and relaxation.
The showpiece dining room, Le Botaniste, offers a stylish contemporary take on classic Norman dishes. On set menus – chef Didier Robin complements the likes of braised veal or poached sole with ingredients from the kitchen garden, where they grow everything from fresh lettuce and mint to rhubarb and kiwi fruit. Copious breakfasts feature honey from the hotel’s own bees. Lighter summer lunches in the separate Petit Jardin, in a secluded garden, are prepared on a wood-fired grill. While the lawns make a superb setting for a sunset drink, there’s also a speakeasy-style cellar bar, Zanzibar.
Refined, inventive and seasonal, Chef Didier Robin’s cuisine invites you to a fine dining experience, Normandy style. Creations with subtle flavours to enjoy with one of the wines from our cellar, hand-picked by our sommelier from amongst the best vintages.
The elegant grounds encompass beautiful gardens, including the hotel’s vegetable garden, an orangery, bee hives a heated swimming pool.
With its deck chairs, parasols, palm trees and more, the Château’s pool area will welcome you in a lush green setting. The outdoor pool is heated from May to September and also has a children’s pool.A real haven of peace on the Château’s grounds, providing you with privacy and tranquillity, sheltered by its high stone walls.