- This ravishing boutique getaway is the height of seaside sophistication. Philippe Starck’s bold white interior evokes local oyster farming, and Europe’s highest sand dune looms large as next-door neighbour. The landscape, combining several extraordinary phenomena, could not leave anyone unmoved.
- La Co(o)rniche’s 11 bedrooms and suite each open onto the postcard panorama which inspired its name.
- The terrace – a full 360° of pleasure with a 180° field of vision – frames the landscape. Its grey pool, combining a swimming lane and a aquatic living area, draws the gaze down to the sea, which it blends into. And, straight down from the dune, a beach meanwhile seems to be sliding across the sand below.
- It took no less than three chefs, who are natives to the region, to fill the stage represented by La Co(o)rniche’s kitchen which serves up outstanding seafood reflecting the richness of its “terroir”.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
La Corniche is a hotel in an extraordinary location. The key landmark in the Pilat-Plage district, the vantage point over the Arcachon basin, backing onto the highest dune in Europe, it is suspended between sea and sky, nestling between sand and pines. It is a mythical place which evokes the golden age and invention of the Côte d’Argent. A former 1930s hunting lodge in the heart of a preserved site, where aristocracy and the upper middle classes, attracted by the quality of the air, the magic of the site and the fashion for bathing in the sea, came to have Louis Gaume construct them a Neo-Basque home sheltered among the pinesThe new owner of the premises, William Téchoueyres has joined forces with the Gaume family to breathe new life into La Corniche. With the collaboration of Philippe Starck, he has awoken a sleeping beauty. So La Co(o)rniche was born, giving an additional exclamation to this stunning viewpoint. The preserved authenticity of the Basque house is combined with the atmosphere of an oyster shed giving onto the panorama. The hotel, restaurant, terrace and bar have been transformed with essential and informal luxury. Like a lively village square, La Co(o)rniche is dedicated to all lovers of the basin. Between intimacy and discretion, they are guests at a continual party, where they are sure to find the experience they are looking for.
Large rooms of 45m2 on average, with terrace of 18 m2, king size bed and sofa (for some), bathroom with shower.
12 rooms (with surface area of between 28m2 and 30m2)
1 Moulleau room (ground floor), Room for those with reduced mobility on the ground floor, Separate shower/WC3
Ferret rooms (1st floor), Rooms with balcony and a sea view, Separate shower/WC4
Pyla rooms/1 Corniche room (1st floor) Rooms with terrace, view of the Pyla Dune and the Arcachon Basin Separate shower/WC2
Banc d’Arguin rooms (1st floor), Rooms with terrace, fully glazed, panoramic view Separate shower/WC1
Junior Suite (1st floor) Room with balcony and terrace, corner lounge, Separate shower and bath/WC
Flat screen, iPod/iPhone station in all rooms
One is just as likely to meet up with local people, oyster farmers, rugby men in their third half-time break as with artists, actors, musicians, or simply tourists on holiday with their family or with friends, looking for a total change of scene and some relaxation. At the helm a local man: François Chabrières. Enthusiastic and generous; better known on the Bassin by the name of ‘Chacha’, he adds a totally festive feeling to the unforgettable evenings! Open from midday until one o’clock in the morning, the Bar has a menu of delicious cocktails, of wines and champagnes of the highest quality; all accompanied with tasty little dishes; oysters, foie gras, platters of charcuterie and sushi.
The bar, an unmissable rendezvous for the inhabitants and visitors of the Bassin, is a convivial space for meetings and reunions between regulars or amateurs of a night.You will meet locals, oyster farmers or rugby players in the third half, as well as artists, actors, musicians, or just tourists with family and friends, looking for a change of scenery and relaxation.
Around 200 covers Several atmospheres: bistro, lounge,fine dining, seminars Several wood burners in the inside dining room and two outside Open kitchen onto the dining room,with rotisserie and fireplace Outside terrace: around 300 covers, with vegetation (shady pine trees)Inside and outside bar
The REN® spa is accessible to all and offers beauty and relaxation areas for relaxation and fitness breaks. It has four treatment cabins, a nail bar, a private aquabike booth and a hairdressing salon run by the charismatic David Lucas