- La Ferme Saint-Siméon, a restored 17th-century Normandy farm overlooking the Seine estuary in the chic town of Honfleur, was used extensively by the Impressionist painters such as Corot, Boudin and Monet who were smitten by its shifting skies, rapidly changing light, & wild coastlines. Drawing on its unique heritage, the property invites guests to immerse themselves in their world.
- This luxe Relais & Châteaux boutique hotel is a local institution. Today the charming bedrooms feature exposed beams and antique furniture, and although gourmets have replaced painters, the spirit of the Honfleur artists lives on in this 5 Star romantic spa hideaway.
- To relive the history of Ferme Saint Siméon formerly the Auberge de la Mère Toutain and the birthplace of Impressionism, we offer our guests the possibility of becoming a painter during their stay here. Sit in the gardens overlooking the river Seine for a 2-hour painting class, and sleep in the former studio of Corot and or Monet’s room. An ideal holiday location for connoisseurs in search of culture and history.
- With Arnaud Guérin, a guide and photographer from Normandy, we have curated a list of excursions – off the beaten track, by foot, in the footsteps of its artists and sailors. By car, we recommend a day’s outing to visit Etretat in the footsteps of the Impressionists. A secret trip into the Pays Auge or an encounter with history on the landing beaches.
- We offer a range of unique treatments specially created for the Wellness Farm. The preparations are made on site, before you, with organically farmed products, a real nod to Normandy. How about a treatment with milk or apples?
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Nearby activities include golf, sailing, tennis, horse riding, biking, bowling, motor sports, quad biking, fitness, thalassotherapy, luxury shopping and casinos; while The Studio by Petit VIP offers children’s activities such as treasure hunts, cookery classes & beach activities.
La Ferme Saint Simeon, cradle of the Impressionist movement, is a magnificent seventeenth century inn, where rising artists came to be pampered by Mère Toutain. Following their example, treat yourself to a memorable stay in this unique hotel and catch the wonderful light on the Seine. Once a refuge for impressionist painters, La Ferme Saint-Siméon is celebrated for its bucolic surroundings and beautiful Seine estuary light. Monet and Courbet would come here and work on their colours, and Baudelaire would flee the melancholy of Paris in search of inspiration. The farm, close to the old harbour of Honfleur and the Eugène-Boudin Museum, has now been restored throughout and provides an outstanding spa with beauty and relaxing treatments based on organic ingredients such as milk and Normandy apples. “Oh, Saint-Siméon”, exclaimed the painter Eugène Boudin in one of his journals. Indeed it is hard not to love the place, and even harder to leave it behind.
Guests can stay in Monet’s bedroom or the room that once formed Corot’s workshop, pass time in the gardens watching the light on the Seine estuary, have lunch in the Boucane restaurant (housed in the historic thatched-roof building painted by Monet in his painting “La charette. Route sous la neige à Honfleur”) or step into the shoes of a painter by taking an art class. Nearby walks enable them to discover the area’s hidden corners. They can set off on foot from the hotel to explore the ancient port of Honfleur, discovering its artists and sailors. And a short car trip will allow them to gaze at Étretat’s cliffs, just as the Impressionists themselves once did.
Featuring soft Toile de Jouy and pale wood half-timbering, restyled by Nathalie Ryan, the interior design of the 271 rooms and suites at Hotel Le Normandy transcends the codes of Anglo-Normandy elegance.
Enjoy maritime delights on the Planches boardwalk or a gala dinner in a regal setting, refined nibbles in a cosy bar, convivial grilled dishes beside the greens, and Normandy delights amid the Slot Machines. Les Tables Barrière transcend Deauville.
The hotel offers a spa, heated indoor pool, fitness center, kids club and bicycles. Nearby – with horse riding, private and Olympic-size pools, bowling, motor sports, golf, tennis, fitness, bike rides, thalassotherapy, luxury boutiques, Games Tables, and Slot Machines, Hotel Le Normandy sparks your quest for adventure.