- In the heart of a medieval village, this intimate hotel created from 18 ancient village houses features cool and stylish rooms, countless ‘secret’ nooks and terraces both inside and out and a gourmet restaurant. The tranquil pool overlooks the Languedoc countryside, framed by the ruins of a 10th century chateau.
- Set on a narrow, cobbled lane in the heart of the picture-perfect mediaeval village of Castillon-du-Gard, the hotel is just a short walk or bike ride (three miles) from the famous Roman aqueduct the Pont du Gard. Avignon and Nimes are each around a 30-minute drive and Montpellier is just over an hour away.
- The 34 airy and spacious rooms are all different. Décor is largely white plus splashes of muted colours with exposed stone, cute wooden shutters and homely features such as bookcases with both books and tasteful objects. Some rooms have terraces or balconies; most bathrooms come with large showers and full-sized L’Occitane products.
- La Table du Castillon serves creative, regularly-changing seasonal dishes.
- The stand-out feature is the heated pool, semi-surrounded by ancient walls so that even on breezier days, it’s a total suntrap. There’s also a small L’Occitane spa and complimentary bicycles for guests who want to explore the area. Twice a week on summer evenings films are shown al fresco by the pool.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
A few kilometers from Avignon, the Vieux Castillon opens the doors of an exceptional place of Provencal images, nature songs and bewitching perfumes. It’s the time for a break in the heart of a village emblematic of authentic and gentle Provence – Castillon-du-Gard. With enchanting views, intense sun and singing cicadas and elytras, Le Vieux Castillon is a hidden local gem, unspoilt for the enjoyment of its guests. With its period tiles and Gard stone staircases, enjoy losing yourself in the world of Le Vieux Castillon – 18 medieval homes, linked through time by walkways, massive steps, suspended bridges or shaded patios, hosting 34 rooms and suites which make up the hotel. With sophisticated décor at the heart of a Renaissance building, the restaurant offers a gourmet menu for dinner and a snacking menu for lunch.
It is accessed via a small bridge over the old village, where you can view the gargoyles and copper and glass lanterns. With a sleek menu using local Provence produce, our Chef creates seasonal cuisine, varying his offerings around regional specialities revisited to tickle the most demanding taste buds. Overlooking nature, our bar is part of the joy of staying at Le Vieux Castillon. Enjoy the snacks on offer for those who like to relax by the pool in the peaceful calm of sunny days, and then enjoy a glass there in the evenings when the night draws in. The fresh and inventive cocktails can be sipped here in the magic of an idyllic setting.