- Worthy of a novel by Giono or Pagnol, this mansion wrapped in cedars and century-old olive trees is a celebration of the charm and magnetism of the Provençal countryside, the perfect setting to experience French art de vivre.
- In a film-set corner of the Lubéron (Peter Mayle wine flick A Good Year was shot nearby), the Fontenille dominates the picturesque triangle between Bonnieux, Lacoste and Lourmarin, the latter village voted among the prettiest in France.
- The stately home’s formally manicured estate includes an ancient 35-hectare all-organic vineyard, which has been supplemented by a modernist boutique, tasting room and cellar experience.
- Le Champ des Lunes, the Michelin-starred restaurant of chef Jérôme Faure, adds to the magic of this place, as do the spa and the centuries-old vineyard and kitchen garden that are open to the public.
- Not to mention the working farm-to-table plots where hens peck around the asparagus that will be served that evening.
- Head chef Jérome Faure won his first Michelin star at the age of 30.
- Domaine de Fontenille offers a unique space to receive care, enjoy the hammam, play sport or simply escape for the day to relax.
- Sport enthusiasts can walk along the trails through the Domain’s vineyards, go to gym, go horse riding in the Luberon valleys and mountains, or dive into the 20 meter heated pool.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
At the heart of an exceptional wine estate, in the Luberon Regional Natural Park, the Domaine de Fontenille welcomes you in its bastide in Aix-en-Provence, converted into a luxury hotel and its Michelin-starred restaurant. The restructuring of the estate and the restoration of the country house began in 2013 under the direction of the architect Alexandre Lafourcade. The challenge was to respect the existing architecture as much as possible while transforming the bastide into a luxury hotel. After a year and a half of work, the series of rooms on the ground floor opens again on the park and the Durance valley, and 19 rooms have been fitted out on the upper floors. Two restaurants, including a gourmet restaurant, Le Champ des Lunes, run by Michelin-starred chef Jérôme Faure, welcome both hotel guests and guests. The vaulted cellar of the seventeenth century was transformed into a reception room and a Center for Contemporary Art was created in the old winemaking cellars.
An imaginary, dreamlike journey where eras mingle and time stops. A noble, reinvented house dating from the 18th century, protected by centenary cedars, surrounded by springs and woods. Mirrors reflect back childhood memories and the sweetness of Provence… Family portraits, antique busts and convertibles stand alongside contemporary art. An invitation for a voyage out of time, or at least to another time, traced through the centuries of Fontenille.
Domaine de Fontenille’s 19 rooms and suites are all unique : bright rooms facing the gardens, blending different styles, classicism tinged with the warm rays of the South, fluid and poetic contemporary lines. Most of these rooms face south onto the majestic cedars of the Park and the Luberon hills, some have a private terrace. King size beds, roomy bathrooms, the latest technology: everything is designed for comfort in a refined and discreet luxurious environment.
At a comfortable 25m2, all look onto the main courtyard of the country house.
Executive Room With Terrace
Executive room is 35m2 and offers a private terrace.
Executive Room Park And Village View
Executive Room Park and Village View is 35m2 and faces south onto the majestic cedars of the Park, the Luberon hills and the typical Provencal village of Lauris.
Prestige Room Park And Village View
Prestige Room Park and Village View is 45 m2 and faces south onto the majestic cedars of the Park, the Luberon hills and the typical Provencal village of Lauris
Prestige Duplex Park And Village View
Prestige Duplex Park and Village View is 45 m2 and faces south onto the majestic cedars of the Park, the Luberon hills and the typical Provencal village of Lauris. Each room has a mezzanine with 2 single beds for a perfect family holiday.
Suite Amélie De Savornin
Suite Amélie de Savornin is 54 m2 and enjoys a cosy living-room and a fabulous view on the forest and the swimming pool of the Domain.
Suite Alphonse De Savornin
Suite Alphonse de Savornin is 72 m2 and enjoys a private terrace and garden with private access to the swimming-pool.
Experience Fontenille in a self-catered apartment. Situated just north of the country house, it benefits from the hotel’s housekeeping service and a private terrace.
The Washhouse Room
This room is immersed in the beautiful hotel parkland. Housed in the old wash house, it is furnished with a beautiful private terrace with unencumbered access to the EST gardens: cypress, olive, lavender and rosemary.
After 9 years at the Hotel du Golf (Corrençon-en-Vercors) the Chef Jérome Faure, joined the Domaine de Fontenille and has overseen the entire restoration the gourmet Michelin-starred restaurant (Le Champ des Lunes), the bistrot (La Cuisine d’Amélie) and the breakfasts.
Le Champ des Lunes
Le Champ des Lunes, the Domaine de Fontenille’s One Michelin-starred gourmet restaurant, offers a modern, produce focused cuisine: respect for the seasons, promotion of Luberon products, quality and traceability which bring the weekly menu to life. The wine list is particularly focused on Rhone wines, but it also offers the best names from other regions. Small, “favorite” producers rub shoulders with some rare references and prestigious vintages. Prices are deliberately controlled in order to better share our love of wine and wine makers.
La Cuisine D'amélie
The restaurant La Cuisine d’Amélie can be found on the southern terraces of the country house, in the shade of hundred year-old plane trees. This restaurant proposes a simple but inventive cuisine centered on the flagship products of the region. The menu is constantly changing depending on the seasonality of products and the inspiration of the Chef. Come and taste our numerous dishes. Mix and match, share your plates, enjoy our Fontenille wines !
Every morning, Jérôme Faure offers you a tasty breakfast with the flavours of Luberon. On the large terrace overlooking the park, or in the bistro dining room, enjoy the chef’s generous and creative cuisine. Discover a wide selection of fresh, seasonal products: cheeses by Josiane Deal (Best French Artisan), cured meat from the village, a multitude of homemade pies and cakes, artisanal jams, eggs and various fruits.All of it served with several fresh fruit juices and hot beverages. An endless wonder for your taste buds! We adapt to all diets with gluten free and lactose free options.
The wellness center of the Domaine de Fontenille sees itself as the means to stop time.Our philosophy remains true to that of the hotel, combining nature, beauty and tranquility.
Our practitioners will do their utmost to provide relaxation and comfort with their bespoke body and facial treatments, as well as meeting specific individual needs. Our Beauty Treatments combine the quality of our natural products with aromatherapy principles, providing benefit and harmony for a sensory experience that should not be missed.
Domaine de Fontenille offers a unique space to receive care, enjoy the hammam, play sport or simply escape for the day to relax.Sport enthusiasts can walk along the trails through the Domain’s vineyards, go to gym, go horse riding in the Luberon valleys and mountains, or dive into the 20 meter heated pool.
20 meter heated pool.