- Driving up to the Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg conjures visions of an old-world arrival, thanks to a dramatic courtyard allée that leads to the dashing Baroque castle. Built some 300 years ago, the Schloss occupies an enviable hillside location with views of the Cologne skyline.
- Grandeur continues in the guest rooms, with high ceilings and elegant furnishings; special touches include an in-room Jacuzzi in one suite and exposed wood-beam ceilings in some top-floor accommodations.
- Romantic and serene, Bensberg has a loyal culinary following, thanks to restaurant Vendôme, headed by award-winning chef Joachim Wissler. The more casual Jan Wellem, named for the castle’s first owner, draws a chic crowd on Sundays for its Champagne brunch.
- Set on a hill in the center of Bensberg, in one of the most beautiful Baroque castles in Europe, the hotel offers magnificent panoramic views of Cologne.
- The Beauty & Spa offers world-class service, exclusive spa treatments, a spectacular pool and top-notch fitness center.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
In a fantastic location overlooking the bay of Cologne and providing wonderful views of Cologne Cathedral, the Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg certainly knows to fascinate all visitors – may it be on a business trip, a city break to Cologne, or a wellness weekend. Many festivities and events have taken place in our gourmet hotel against the backdrop of such wonderful scenery – not to mention a number of weddings. In fact, Schloss Bensberg is a pretty much ideal venue for weddings. Experience Cologne Countryside: A total of 84 hotel rooms and 36 suites – completely redesigned and awarded the Interior Design Award 2016 – with a view of Cologne Cathedral, the Bergisches Land or the idyllic castle garden offer you the opportunity to feel at home with us.
Discover our unique culinary offers in 3 different restaurants and experience one of the best chefs in Germany at the Restaurant Vendôme – Joachim Wissler. In our 4 elements spa by Althoff Wellnesshotel near Cologne a new wellness standard awaits you. The four elements – fire, water, air and earth – offer a holistic balance for body, mind and soul. That is how we understand “Spa and Wellness”.
The Art of Living is celebrated in our elegant and luxuriously designed guest rooms where you can enjoy a view on the Moselle river or on the surrounding vineyards. Schloss Lieser offers 50 rooms and suites which will suit perfectly to your individual needs and will take you back in time. All rooms and suites are individually and tastefully furnished, and are boosted with modern amenities while respecting the authenticity of the property. Each room has a unique flair and is located either in the castle or in one of the former historical stables.
At Schloss Lieser you will experience extraordinary hospitality and inspiring gastronomy in a stunning location which invite you to relax and unwind. Let us introduce you to our award-winning Chef: Wolfgang Presßler. For Wolfgang, cooking is a combination of ideas, techniques, and cultures. Be ready for an exquisite gastronomic experience and book a table at our restaurant. In our restaurant Puricelli, L’ Orangerie and on our Castle Terrace you can choose a 5 course menu, 4 course menu or 3 course menu to your own taste.
Puricelli is a fine dining restaurant with a cosy and vibrant atmosphere in the heart of the castle. Named after the founders of the castle, this the heritage of the family we decided to honour. Every dish is locally inspired and reflects the history of Schloss Lieser. Our wine menu offers excellent wines from the Moselle region, as well as from all over the world to pair with our innovative food creations. The castle bar captivates with its laid-back atmosphere, just lean back and enjoy one of our newly created or classic cocktails or join a social afternoon drink in the castle bar.
Puricelli Lounge & Bar
L' Orangerie Breakfast Room
Blauer Salon - Blue Salon
The Blauer Salon is open every day to enjoy a relaxing afternoon with coffee and cake.
We are happy to offer wine connoisseurs a comprehensive and select range of local, national and international wines in our impressive wine cellar on the lower ground floor of the castle.
Schloss Lieser houses a multitude of facilities which will highlight your stay in the most beautiful way. Discover more about our chapel, wine cellar, Spa & Wellness area and library. Take a walk through the castle and have a look at all the beautiful details and decorations which will make you relive the grandeur of the 19th century. You will find some mindful messages sometimes, pay attention to the paintings through the hotel which will tell you a story about the past. Walk in the library, listen to some music or read a book from the shelves. You could also leave your contribution to our Mindfulness book which you will find there. If you like to be outside, ask our reception team for recommendation regarding guided tour through our gardens, vineyards, surroundings and the village of Lieser.
Spa & Wellness
The Spa & Wellness area at Schloss Lieser is a sanctuary tucked away from the bustle of modern life which can fulfil any of your desire. An oasis of relaxing activities awaits you. You will be able to enjoy our indoor swimming pool, several sauna’s and a steam bath. Book a personalized beauty treatment or massage and lie down afterwards in one of our relaxing rooms. Our fitness area is the perfect place to work out and beneficiate from a personal training. From private yoga to meditation sessions, we will make sure to create the ultimate relaxed feeling you deserve.
The library is one of the key places within the castle. Come and appreciate some time around hundreds of ancient books, while enjoying the beautiful view facing the castle park. You can also enjoy our afternoon tea in the library, while listening to music from our vintage record player. Here as well as through the entire hotel you find our mindful messages everywhere. You can participate in creating new ones by adding content to our Mindfulnessbook by sketching or writing.