- Amanbagh, a modern day version of a maharaja’s palace, is located in a serene environment, providing guests with a private and intimate Rajasthan haven.
- Amanbagh offers very unique experiences to make the surrounding area come alive – these include The Sunset Cow Dust Tour, Camel Safaris and romantic candle lit dinners in incredible settings such as the nearby fort.
- Amanbagh’s Pool Pavilions are incredible and have a large garden and sizable pool – they are located around the perimeter of the resort and so private that you need not leave your room. Rooms are decorated with unique hand-woven Indian silks, Udaipur marble bathtubs and pink limestone archways.
- For the less active or those simply looking to relax then the resort is perfect it has a beautiful swimming pool, a spa and also offers yoga and meditation classes.
- The excellent restaurant serves a delicious selection of local dishes as well as a wide range of other cuisine made with local organic in-season produce and there is an extensive wine list with a good choice of international wine.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
One of Amanbagh’s most popular activities, the cow dust tour involves a Jeep ride into the local village in the afternoon, when cows, goats, sheep and buffalo are being herded home, or at sunrise to the scent of cooking fires being lit as the village comes to life.Guests always receive a warm welcome from Amanbagh’s neighbours, who will often offer chai in their homes.
Enjoy the one hour walk to the stone King’s Throne, used by the Maharajah of Alwar on hunting expeditions in the 19th century. Somsagar Lake, Neelkanth and Narayani Mata ar e excellent options for keen hikers. Experience the countryside around Amanbagh by camel, or in a camel drawn cart Guests can use Amanbagh’s Firefox mountain bikes or Indian made Atlas Gold models to cycle the area; guides are also available.
Sariska National Park, home to tigers, jaguars, sambar deer and more, is a short drive away, as is the temple town of Neelkanth, with more than 80 temples encircled on all sides by mountains.
The countryside surrounding Amanbagh reveals the ruins of an ancient empire embedded in a starkly beautiful landscape. The 17th-century township of Bhangarh – abandoned just a generation after its completion – sits nearby, as does the centuries-old village, fort and temple of Ajabgarh, which can be reached by foot or camel from the resort.
Once used by the Maharajah of Alwar as his base for tigerhunting expeditions, today Amanbagh’s lush compound shelters guests in a modern day Mughal palace, carved out of local pink marble and sandstone, with scalloped arches and cupolas paying homage to India’s golden age. A sanctuary in the arid Aravalli hills, 90 minutes from frenetic Jaipur, the property is surrounded by mature palm, fruit and eucalyptus trees, which shade the emerald green pool.
Beyond the palatial Suites, spa and gardens, guests will discover welcoming villages, majestic forts and ruins, and the jungle of Sariska National Park, where tigers still roam free.A truly opulent hotel with all the luxuries of a stylish Aman property. Situated in the Shekhavati region and near to Sariska National Park, this hotel offers itself as a haven away from the bustle of the Rajasthani cities. In fact the property derives its name from the word Aman, meaning peace in Sanskrit, and Bagh, meaning garden in Hindi.
The hotel has four room categories. The rooms are light and airy and give off an air of nostalgia from Raj days. All rooms feature a large bathtub carved from Udaipur green marble, antique four-poster beds, French windows, planter’s chairs and writing desks.
Each 203-square-metre (2,185-square-foot) Pool Pavilion offers a spacious garden courtyard and a private 9-metre x 3-metre (29.5-foot x 10-foot) swimming pool which is heated during the winter months. Can accommodate three adults or a family.
Terrace Haveli Suite
The 163-square-metre (1,754-square-foot) Terrace Haveli Suites offer views over Amanbagh’s pool or the mountains. Each has an expansive terrace, an outdoor dining area and a large daybed. Can accommodate three adults or a family.
Garden Haveli Suite
The 125-square-metre (1,345-square-foot) Garden Haveli Suites are spacious and elegantly appointed. Each has a private terrace overlooking the garden.
Courtyard Haveli Suite
Situated near Amanbagh’s swimming pool, the ground floor Courtyard Haveli Suites measure 125 square metres (1,345 square feet) and offer a private courtyard ideal for outdoor dining.
The regal, high-ceilinged Restaurant, looking out over the tree-shaded pool, serves seasonal menus that are centred on the harvest from the resort’s 8,000-square-metre organic gardens. Traditional Rajasthani dishes mix with the chefs favourites from across India, all of which can be tailored to suit individual tastes, to a backdrop of local musicians performing Indian folk and popular songs.
The Restaurant serves lunch, dinner and afternoon tea sets. There is air-conditioned and alfresco seating available. The menu boasts tempting Indian curries, appetizers and daily specials depending on what’s fresh and in season. Three-quarters of the produce used in dishes such as the Rajasthani thali are grown in the on-site organic garden, and all poultry is custom-reared in a free-range setting
Amanbagh’s soothing holistic spa provides a range of therapies and treatments that soothe body and mind after a long day of exploration, including massages, facials, scrubs and traditional henna art. Set amid the verdant grounds of the resort’s oasis setting, the spa’s highly-skilled team of experts makes use of exclusively prepared skincare products, created only from the purest ingredients
The Maharaja/Maharani massage is a rejuvenating combination of Swedish and deep-tissue techniques. The ideal way to wind down, the massage’s long strokes and herb-infused oil ensure that tension spots disappear, so that you emerge feeling fresh and relaxed.
Meditation and hatha yoga lesson
At sunrise, amidst the atmospheric ruins of the ghost city of Bhangarh, discover precious peace of mind with a private meditation and hatha yoga lesson.Few tourists find their way to this intriguing, forgotten city. Here, a yoga psychologist will pass on their wisdom to rebalance the mind, followed by a cleansing vegetarian breakfast to soothe the body.