- Amandira, a two-masted sailing ship measuring 52 metres from bow to stern, was handcrafted by the Konjo tribe and accommodates up to 10 guests in 5 AC cabins.
- A traditional Phinisi vessel, it combines the ancient romance of the spice trade with cutting-edge contemporary amenities, sailing the vibrant waters of Indonesia.
- The ship was customised to integrate modern technology in both the cabins and the engine, which supplements the sails when necessary.
- The foredeck’s lounge is perfect for sunbathing on loungers, drinks at sunset and stargazing. Spacious indoor and outdoor lounging and dining area with a TV and library.
- Visit the volcanic isles of Komodo National Park, a unesco world heritage site. Cruise the Raja Ampat archipelago, a wonderland of natural beauty, both above and below water.
- Crew of 13 includes a private chef, dive master and massage therapist. Experienced guides accompany guests onshore and can arrange kayaking and hiking expeditions.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Discover the fabled Komodo dragon in its UNESCO-protected homeland on a voyage from Amanwana. Set just 200 kilometres from the resort, Komodo National Park is a wonderland of natural beauty, and the surrounding east Indonesian archipelago is renowned for some of the best diving in the world. The itinerary can be adjusted to suit preferences both before arrival and once underway.
An expedition to one of the planet’s most diverse landscapes – where the Pacific and Indian Oceans meet. The Raja Ampat islands encompass more than 40,000 square kilometres of unparalleled marine life and thousands of islands, cays and shoals cloaked in tropical jungle. The itinerary can be adjusted to suit preferences, both before arrival and once underway.
The Luxe Voyager is an authorized travel agent for Aman Voyages. Chat with one of our expert travel designers today to begin planning your dream sailing expedition in Indonesia.
Call: +852 9465 4577
Email: [email protected]
On Moyo Island, Amanwana’s fleet team maintains a number of boats for cruising, fishing and diving. Choose your vessel and explore nearby coral coves and beaches, ideal for shell collecting, beachcombing, snorkelling and sunbathing. Cruise to the islands of Medang and Satonda or head south into Saleh Bay, a fascinating inland sea. Other possibilities include sunset or starlight cruises on the calm waters of Amanwana Bay. More adventurous multi-day options include the Aman Komodo Expedition and the Raja Ampat Expedition on board Amanikan or Amandira. These two cruising vessels can be chartered in tandem.
Travelling under sail as well as by motor, Amandira blends the Sanskrit-derived word for ‘peace’ with ‘dira’, which carries the dual meaning of ‘intrepid and courageous’ and ‘calm and composed’. Living up to its moniker, the 170-foot, two-masted phinisi sailing vessel is both steady and graceful, crafted from local hardwoods by Konjo artisans. Custom-designed as a luxury sailing and diving vessel, Amandira has world-class scuba facilities – there’s a leading dive master – and the equipment includes nitrox, which allows seasoned divers more time underwater. An experienced chef creates a menu of Indonesian, Western and international dishes according to guests’ preferences and the 13-strong crew promises intuitive, unintrusive service. Itineraries are specially designed according to passengers’ wishes and interests, with scope for spontaneous excursions and events – such as beach barbecues or romantic picnics – along the way.
The ship can accommodate up to ten guests, with three spacious king bed cabins and two bunk bed cabins, The three king bed cabins each have a living area with sofa, coffee table and writing desk, as well as a large bathroom with shower and twin vanities.
The Master Cabin is located in the stern, enjoying above-water views; king-size bed, living space with sofa, coffee table, writing desk, and a large ensuite bathroom with shower, separate WC and twin vanities.
Two Deluxe Cabins are set on the port and starboard sides; king-size beds, living area with sofa, coffee table and desk, and a spacious ensuite bathroom with shower, separate toilet and twin vanities.
Two cabins with single bunk beds and ensuite bathrooms. These are available on a complimentary basis when the first three cabins are booked, with a charge per person for food and drink.
- Dining table on the main deck (seats 10).
- Spacious indoor and outdoor lounging and dining area with a TV and library of coffee-table books.
- The foredeck’s lounge is perfect for sunbathing on loungers, drinks at sunset and stargazing.
Amandira’s crew of 13 includes a private chef and waiters, a dive master and a spa therapist, each of whom is accomplished at providing intuitive, seamless service. Experienced guides accompany guests onshore and can arrange kayaking and hiking expeditions. State-of-the-art onboard diving equipment includes nitrox, which enables experienced divers to enjoy more time exploring the region’s exceptional dive sites. New divers have the opportunity to gain PADI certification under the guidance of a certified instructor.
A crew of 15 ensures a seamless experience, while an onboard masseur can relieve weary muscles after a day of island trekking. Additional wellness specialists can join the expedition if cabin space allows.
State-of-the-art onboard diving equipment includes nitrox, enabling longer bottom time for experienced divers. New divers have the opportunity to gain PADI certification under the guidance of a certified instructor.