- Amankila means ‘peaceful hill’, but the name is a little modest – the resort occupies a breathtaking hilltop spot on Bali’s east coast, with ancient, spiritual and regal neighbours here in the historic Karangasem Regency.
- Nestled on a verdant hillside against the dramatic backdrop of Mt Agung, Amankila’s Suites – raised on stilts – with private outdoor terraces overlook the waters of the Lombok Strait and a private beach.
- Ancient temples, royal ruins and peaceful hills are just the start of the story.
- A series of frangipani-lined walkways connects the property’s buildings, conceived by architect Ed Tuttle.
- Set atop stilts amid the treetops, the 34 free-standing Suites have been fashioned as Balinese beach houses.
- The hillside retreat of Amankila – romantic, serene, picturesque – is a gateway to Bali’s natural and cultural wonders.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
The beach club features a 41-metre pool and extensive watersports equipment. The Bali coast is home to some of the world’s best surfing, and watersports including scuba diving, kayaking and snorkelling, all with guides, are also available.
Take a yoga class amid a fresh ocean breeze at the beachside pavilion. A range of styles taught by resident and visiting practitioners are available, including hatha, pranayama and vinyasa flow.
The waters of Amankila are teeming with options for discovery: regular cruises on the resort’s two boats, available for private charters, leave twice daily. Indonesia has the largest number of fish and coral species in the world, meaning virtually every stop in the shallow, pristine waters offers a new encounter.
Amankila means ‘peaceful hill’, but the name is a little modest – the resort occupies a breathtaking hilltop spot on Bali’s east coast, with ancient, spiritual and regal neighbours here in the historic Karangasem Regency.
Balinese culture dictates design details throughout: recurring motifs reference the ruins of the nearby water palace at Ujung; a three-tier infinity pool spills down the hillside like a cascading rice paddy.
Thatched-roof Suites are set on stilts, just visible above the treetops, and are decorated with paras stone and furniture inlaid with pearl and coconut shell. A series of frangipani-lined walkways connects the property’s buildings, conceived by architect Ed Tuttle.
Elevated to maximise sea views and joined by meandering walkways, Amankila’s Suites appear to float amidst frangipani and bougainvillea trees. With lines that reflect their east Bali surroundings, the architecture is inspired by the royal water palace of Ujung near Amlapura. Several Suites feature private pools.
Overlooking the beach and Amuk Bay, the 660-square-metre (7,104 square feet) two-bedroom Amankila Suite offers a private butler service, large terrace and aquamarine-tiled pool.
Offering its own swimming pool and lounging bale (pavilion), the 249-square-metre (2,680 square feet) Indrakila Suite enjoys sea and temple views. It can be joined to Suite 35 to accommodate larger parties.
Situated high on the hillside overlooking the Lombok Strait, the 302-square-metre (3,251 square foot) Kilasari Suite has a 12-metre (39 feet) private infinity pool overlooking the mountainside as well as an expansive terrace.
Spacious, stilted Ocean Suites face the Lombok Strait against the backdrop of Mt Agung. Elegantly spread over 94 square metres (1,104 square feet) with expansive terraces, they offer guests exceptional privacy.
Designed to offer guests privacy and maximise spectacular sea and hillside views, the 94-square-metre (1,011 square feet) stilted Garden Suites offer an expansive outdoor terrace.
Amankila’s ocean-view Restaurant focuses on locally sourced ingredients. Traditional local techniques are combined with contemporary cooking styles for revitalising cuisine. Ducks are raised at the resort’s free-range farm in Jasri village; herbs are grown in Amankila’s garden; and cold smoking is done in the smokehouse. Vegetables and exotic fruits are the result of the rich volcanic soil spread beneath Mt Agung.
Private candle lit dinners in a truly romantic setting. A personal chef and waiter will tend to your every need, as you enjoy the sole use of the Beach Club, pool area or beach, where a bonfire can be lit to brighten the night sky.
Mangosteen cocktails and homemade ginger beer are refreshingly cool, while the locally made arak spirit and beer complement sunsets equally well.
Drawing on the energy of east Bali, the Spa’s therapies aim for complete relaxation and presence in the moment. Natural ingredients are used in traditional Balinese baths, scrubs and wraps – available in the privacy of guest Suites, the massage pavilion, a beach bale or secluded open-air spot with tropical canopy.
Holistic practitioners offer treatments ranging from hypnotherapy to reiki, Healers, trained to facilitate deep transformation, utilise a variety of tools to assist with awakening and healing.
Amankila’s speciality – the cinta therapy, for individuals and couples- A full-body exfoliation cleanses and purifies before a warm bath scented with rose and flower essences opens the chakra. To finish, an aromatherapy body massage infuses a sense of harmony.