- Located on a cliffside at the heart of Taormina, Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo is a consummate Italian hideaway with views of Mount Etna and Naxos Bay. The hotel features a six-acre park and is next to the ancient Greek Theatre of Taormina.
- Decorated in Sicilian style, elegant rooms are situated in the Timeo building or the adjacent Villa Flora. Italian Baroque-styled suites feature spacious balconies or terraces, marble bathrooms, and sitting rooms.
- Timeo Restaurant offers Sicilian favorites made with locally sourced ingredients alongside views of the Ionian Sea. Sip on a cocktail at The Literary Terrace, enjoying views of the Bay of Taormina and the bar’s antique fittings. Dine at the award-winning Otto Geleng, which seats just 16 diners and conjures up the ambiance of a noble Sicilian family home.
- Enjoy the heated, panoramic pool surrounded by terraced gardens. Treatments at the Wellness Centre include all-natural, organic ingredients, such as neroli oil. The Sicilian Sensations therapy uses handmade local soaps and lava-enriched virgin olive oil to help nourish skin.
- Unearth the wonders of Mount Etna by savoring a glass of Etna sparkling wine, poured by your private sommelier on the slopes, before enjoying a traditional cookery class in a nearby village.
- Learn the secrets of Sicilian cooking from local chefs. Accompany a guide on a photographic tour of Sicily. Visit the vineyards of Mount Etna.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
A Sicilian hideaway that fuels the imagination! Set in the heart of Taormina Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo serves up views that have enchanted for more than a century. The first hotel to be built in the city gazes out across the coast towards Mount Etna and beyond. Here you can breathe in the full spectacle of Sicily. Bask in manicured gardens, savour sensational cuisine and fuel your imagination with cocktails on the Literary Terrace, lust like generations of celebrated guests before you. Evoking the elegance of days gone by, the hotel’s rooms and suites have played host to literary greats who would stay for months on end. Sea view balconies welcome endless daydreaming, while ornate writing desks coax creative flair. Marble bathrooms and Sicilian ceramics add plenty of Italian finesse. From the rich wood panelling of our storied bar to the butterflies in our lemon-scented gardens, every detail will take your breath away.
Sink into a classically Sicilian setting on our Terrace. Michelin-star dishes by Chef Roberto Toro bring timeless traditions back to life with a bold modern interpretation. Savour superb regional cooking, classic Italian cocktails and sensational views at one of the most celebrated Taormina bars. Favoured by some of history’s finest literary greats, D.H. Lawrence, Truman Capote and Tennessee Williams all drew creative inspiration from our ambient Literary Terrace. Take a seat here at sunset to discover why. Nestled in acres of verdant gardens, the Wellness Centre delivers absolute serenity in discrete surrounds. All-natural signature products capture the scents of Sicily in every bespoke treatment. Sicily is more than just striking good looks; it’s a fascinating land filled with stories. From culinary adventures to cinematic tours, helicopter rides to hidden vineyard tastings, each curated experience gets you closer to the island’s spirit.
Teetering on the Sicilian clifftops, our world-renowned Taormina accommodation comprises spacious suites and bedrooms split between the main building and the adjacent Villa Flora. Most sport a hypnotic view––over the clustered terracotta rooftops of the medieval town, and beyond to the headlands brushing the Ionian Sea. For something unforgettable, our Presidential Suite features two king size bedrooms and a sprawling terrace, jacuzzi and panoramas of Mount Etna’s noble peak. The Hotel consists of 70 units, 45 rooms and 25 suites, most with terrace or balconies offering breathtaking views over the bay. The rooms’ interior design evokes the magnificence of the Sicilian tradition with a unique blend of beauty and comfort.
Furnished according to the canons of the rich Sicilian Baroque style, our Superior Junior Suites are located in a prestigious position within the Timeo building.Each room has a large living area and a large balcony that offers a magnificent view of the sea with views of Mount Etna.
Located in the Timeo building, the Deluxe Suites offer stunning views of Taormina Bay. Relax while sipping an aperitif on the balcony or terrace, in perfect Sicilian style.
The Presidential Suite, the most beautiful and luxurious of our Suites, offers two spacious rooms, a beautifully furnished living area and a magnificent 180 ° view of the bay of Taormina and the volcano.
Savour superb regional cooking, classic Italian cocktails and sensational views at one of the most celebrated Taormina bars. Favoured by some of history’s finest literary greats, D.H. Lawrence, Truman Capote and Tennessee Williams all drew creative inspiration from our ambient Literary Terrace. Take a seat here at sunset to discover why.
Boasting one of the most magical backdrops, a timeless panorama in which Mount Etna and Capo Taormina are the stars of the show, the Restaurant matches its location with spectacular Sicilian and Mediterranean cuisine. The menu focuses on mouthwatering seasonal produce and local specialties.
The Literary Terrace & Bar
Guests can admire the stunning panorama of Mount Etna and the Bay of Taormina while sipping a cool Bellini. Inside, the Bar is a Sicilian masterpiece that evokes the magical atmosphere of a 19th-century winter garden.
Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo is a historic building, undisputed heritage of the region that welcomes it. You can explore all aspects and facets of this fantastic region, admire the lush gardens, taste the exquisite local cuisine, or enjoy the sun, warm and enveloping, as the many celebrities who in the past have abandoned themselves to total relaxation on the panoramic terrace of the ‘hotel.
The heated, panoramic swimming pool is surrounded by beautiful terraced gardens. It’s the perfect place to sit back and relax after exploring the streets of Taormina.
Recline in our spacious gardens for unbridled Sicilian-style indulgence. Treatments feature all-natural, organic products packed with healing local herbs and flowers. Neroli oil makes a regular appearance in our spa, instilling a sense of peace and wellbeing that’s impossible to resist. We are totally dedicated to your wellness when you stay with us at Belmond. Whether lazing in our spa or dining on nutritious cuisine, practicing yoga on a beach or enjoying a moment’s peace in a tranquil hideaway, do take this special opportunity to refresh both your body and your soul.
We invite you to enjoy unbridled Sicilian indulgence at our wellness centre in the verdant gardens. Choose from an array of treatments featuring all-natural, organic products packed with healing local herbs and flowers. Our therapists use Italian brand Mei, experts in phyto-cosmetics who craft essential oils purely from wild plants, and Sa di Sapone, olive oil-based artisanal products made to time-honoured Mediterranean recipes. We offer three single treatment rooms, a couple’s treatment room and a gazebo for alfresco massages. We also have a hairdressing salon offering a full range of services.