- Located in the rocky hills of the eastern coast of Sicily, Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo has always been considered one of the most fascinating hotels in Italy.
- It was the first hotel to be built in Taormina and its position is truly incomparable, in front of the Greek Theater and with views of Mount Etna, the cobalt sea and its rugged coastline.
- Guests can use the private beach belonging to its sister property, Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea, which is located on the beautiful Bay of Mazzarò in Taormina Mare – a complimentary shuttle service is available.
- The hotel’s main restaurant offers stunning views over Mount Etna and Capo Taormina from the outdoor terrace – a table here is a must in the summer months.
- Feel part of history, Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo sits in front of the Greek amphitheatre at Taormina – the theatre was initially built in the third century BC.
- The “Literary Terrace” is the ideal spot from which to admire the stunning panorama of Mount Etna while sipping a Bellini or a Limoncello.
- Enjoy panoramic views whilst taking a dip in the hotel’s swimming pool, surrounded by beautiful terraced gardens.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Located in the rocky hills of the eastern coast of Sicily, Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo is a stunning neo-classical hotel which has always been considered one of the most fascinating hotels in Italy. It was the first hotel to be built in Taormina and its position is truly incomparable, in front of the Greek Theater and with views of Mount Etna, the cobalt sea and its rugged coastline. With breathtaking views of the bay and the magnificent Mt Etna, the hotel is the perfect base to discover the delights of Sicily. It’s easy to see why it remains a favourite of the International jet set – Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo overflows with class and sophistication.
With the Greek Amphitheatre just steps away from the hotel, you are close to the action, but with the tranquil atmosphere of the hotel and gardens, it’s easy to escape. The hillside town of Taormina is a delight, with stunning churches, piazzas, well kept winding streets, acclaimed restaurants and exclusive shops. All 70 rooms are decorated stylishly with Italian flair, the suites offer spacious comfortable living rooms and luxurious marble bathrooms. While the Presidential suite boasts an expansive private terrace with a summer house and hydro massage swimming pool. The restaurant is blessed with magical panoramic views of Mount Etna and the Bay of Taormina, the menu focuses on seasonal produce and local specialities including Pachino cherry tomatoes and Bronte pistachios. The poolside bar serves a wide variety of drinks, cocktails and snacks to enjoy in the peaceful garden surroundings.
Teetering on the Sicilian clifftops, our world-renowned Taormina accommodation comprises spacious suites and bedrooms split between the main building and the adjacent Villa Flora. Most sport a hypnotic view––over the clustered terracotta rooftops of the medieval town, and beyond to the headlands brushing the Ionian Sea. For something unforgettable, our Presidential Suite features two king size bedrooms and a sprawling terrace, jacuzzi and panoramas of Mount Etna’s noble peak. The Hotel consists of 70 units, 45 rooms and 25 suites, most with terrace or balconies offering breathtaking views over the bay. The rooms’ interior design evokes the magnificence of the Sicilian tradition with a unique blend of beauty and comfort.
Furnished according to the canons of the rich Sicilian Baroque style, our Superior Junior Suites are located in a prestigious position within the Timeo building.Each room has a large living area and a large balcony that offers a magnificent view of the sea with views of Mount Etna.
Located in the Timeo building, the Deluxe Suites offer stunning views of Taormina Bay. Relax while sipping an aperitif on the balcony or terrace, in perfect Sicilian style.
The Presidential Suite, the most beautiful and luxurious of our Suites, offers two spacious rooms, a beautifully furnished living area and a magnificent 180 ° view of the bay of Taormina and the volcano.
Savour superb regional cooking, classic Italian cocktails and sensational views at one of the most celebrated Taormina bars. Favoured by some of history’s finest literary greats, D.H. Lawrence, Truman Capote and Tennessee Williams all drew creative inspiration from our ambient Literary Terrace. Take a seat here at sunset to discover why.
Boasting one of the most magical backdrops, a timeless panorama in which Mount Etna and Capo Taormina are the stars of the show, the Restaurant matches its location with spectacular Sicilian and Mediterranean cuisine. The menu focuses on mouthwatering seasonal produce and local specialties.
The Literary Terrace & Bar
Guests can admire the stunning panorama of Mount Etna and the Bay of Taormina while sipping a cool Bellini. Inside, the Bar is a Sicilian masterpiece that evokes the magical atmosphere of a 19th-century winter garden.
Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo is a historic building, undisputed heritage of the region that welcomes it. You can explore all aspects and facets of this fantastic region, admire the lush gardens, taste the exquisite local cuisine, or enjoy the sun, warm and enveloping, as the many celebrities who in the past have abandoned themselves to total relaxation on the panoramic terrace of the ‘hotel.
The heated, panoramic swimming pool is surrounded by beautiful terraced gardens. It’s the perfect place to sit back and relax after exploring the streets of Taormina.