- A classic and elegant, boutique luxury hotel in a clifftop location with a large, panoramic terrace offering breathtaking views of the bay of Naples & Mount Vesuvius. This Sorrento grande dame has been owned by the Fiorentino family since 1834, and has hosted scores of celebrity guests over its long history.
- Set in 5 acres of beautiful gardens, the property is a Mediterranean gem built on the site of a splendid villa belonging to Roman Emperor Augustus. The past is alive in such details as the 18th-century columns, frescoed ceilings & antiques displayed throughout.
- The 79 rooms & suites boast a residential ambiance with a mix of modern & traditional furnishings with marble bathrooms. Each unique suite comes with a private terrace and has its own history along with a tribute to past celebrities who have stayed here.
- The Michelin star, award-winning Terrazza Bosquet offers Mediterranean cuisine. L’ Orangerie is located in the hotel’s orange grove and serves regional cuisine & the best pizza. Terrazza Vittoria serves exquisite Neapolitan specialities on Sorrento’s most iconic terrace, facing the sea and Mount Vesuvius. Savor a glass of wine in the Vittoria Bar or Pool Bar.
- The pool includes a solarium and whirlpool. Set amid lush vegetation in a renovated 19th century greenhouse, the Boutique Spa La Serra’s treatment rooms each have Jacuzzi tubs & private gardens and feature exclusive Valmont and Cinq Mondes beauty products.
- Walk through the 5 acres of private grounds, with a citrus grove, olive grove, and a vegetable garden. Explore the nearby Roman ruins. Visit nearby Amalfi Coast, Capri, Ischia, Naples and historic sites of Pompeii & Herculaneum.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
The Excelsior Vittoria is a 5 star luxury hotel of exclusive style and elegance with its authentic interiors and furnishing. The hotel is located in Sorrento town center and sits on a high cliff with spectacular views over the Gulf of Naples with Mount Vesuvius. This is the same place where, the legend goes, the Roman Emperor Augustus had his own villa. Easy to recognise when arriving to Sorrento from the sea, the hotel’s 3 classic style 19th century buildings are just above the town harbour. The property is surrounded by the lush greenery of a 20,000 sqm Mediterranean garden along with the Spa and pool area. Over the years, in its long history, the Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria was part of the Grand Tour and it has welcomed monarchs, politicians, artists and celebrities. Richard Wagner, Enrico Caruso, Jack Lemmon, Marilyn Monroe, Luciano Pavarotti, Sophia Loren and Lucio Dalla have all appreciated the hotel’s elegance and its attentive service.
79 elegant rooms & suites evoke a welcoming, residential ambience, while offering all modern conveniences. The hotel offers 3 restaurants & 3 bars: The Bosquet Terrace restaurant is a timeless oasis of elegance and charm – dine al fresco on Michelin Star gourmet cuisine, against a romantic backdrop of the iconic Mt Vesuvius and stunning sunsets over the Gulf of Naples. L’Orangerie poolside restaurant offers delicious favourites in a relaxed and comfortable setting. Terrazza Vittoria is set on Sorrento’s most iconic terrace, facing the sea with exquisite Neapolitan specialities. To enjoy relaxing, healthy moments the Boutique Spa La Serra is the perfect location. Created in a converted 19th century greenhouse, next to the pool and surrounded by olive and orange trees, it is bathed in natural sunlight and features exclusive Valmont & Cinq Mondes beauty products for treatments.
79 elegantly appointed rooms and suites evoke a welcoming, residential ambience, while offering the conveniences of today. Each one-of-a-kind suite has its own history along with a tribute to past celebrities who have stayed here in the romantic backdrop of the Sorrento peninsula. All individually decorated, these unique suites offer wonderful views over the Bay of Naples’ deep blue water can be enjoyed from private terraces. The Caruso Suite stands for its original features. Decorated in the same style as when Enrico Caruso, the famous tenor, stayed in the room in 1921, this unique suite also includes Caruso’s piano, writing board, some of his letters, black and white photographs and antiques collected by the Fiorentino family.
Our goal is to ensure that our guests and gourmet clients have a delicious culinary experience. And we have all the ingredients for this to happen. In the kitchen, Executive Chef Antonino Montefusco, along with his team, works with exceptional quality ingredients, sourced locally and from artisan suppliers. He uses his great mastery and an exciting mix of ingredients to deliver mouth-watering specialities.
The Bosquet Terrace Michelin starred restaurant is open for dinner. It is one of our three restaurants and has a beautiful terrace where you can hear the relaxing sound of rolling waves and see the silver stars low in the evening sky. Sorrento’s industrious, classic fishermen can be seen off the coast of nearby Capri. The kitchen is governed by the prominent chef, Antonino Montefusco, who is Sorrento-born. Just over thirty years of age, his experiences are both authentic and varied. Antonino’s kitchen is an emporium of mind and soul where culinary magic happens. Antonino uses his experiences and his imagination to create original dishes with a blend of distinctive and traditional flavours. We have an extensive wine cellar that guests can visit, holding thousands of award-winning fine wines.
L’Orangerie poolside bar & restaurant offers delicious favourites in a relaxed and comfortable setting. Located in the orange grove by the pool area, L’Orangerie is open every day for lunch and dinner during the summer season. The menu promotes local food producers and regional flavours and is the best place to enjoy the finest pizza in Sorrento. At lunchtime, the pool bar offers fruit salads, desserts and fresh gelato ice-creams, in addition to drinks and snacks. At night, the restaurant’s bar transforms into a glamorous lounge area serving delicious cuisine tapas style, with local and international wines and exotic speciality cocktails. Come and experience great food in a relaxed, breathtaking setting.
Terrazza Vittoria is a superb bar and restaurant set on Sorrento’s most iconic terrace, facing the sea and Mount Vesuvius. It is the perfect place to go for lunch in Sorrento and serves a selection of our Chef’s exquisite Neapolitan specialities. Enjoy a meal or late lunch until 6pm while you take in the magnificent view of the bay of Naples.
For those who wish to enjoy a drink, the choice is among 3 bars: the Vittoria bar, offering the most breath-taking views on its terrace; the Pergola Champagne bar, under the wisteria pergola facing Sorrento main square; or the Orangerie Pool bar, a relaxing and glamorous lounge with summer live music. To enjoy relaxing, healthy moments the Boutique Spa La Serra is the perfect location. Created in a converted 19th century greenhouse, next to the swimming pool, and surrounded by olive and orange trees, it is bathed in natural sunlight for most of the day.
Immerse yourself in an oasis of peace and serenity. Based in a converted 19th-century greenhouse adjoining the hotel’s swimming pool, the exclusive Boutique Spa La Serra sits amid olive and orange trees, and is designed according to principles of Feng Shui. The Spa features three highly comfortable cabins, and a private suite for couples with its own Jacuzzi bath tub, dressing room and large private garden for relaxation. The exclusive Valmont and Cinq Mondes beauty product lines are used for all face and body treatments and are available for purchase at the Boutique Spa La Serra. Choose from a wide variety of services, including a complete selection of signature treatments, face and body treatments, massages, manicures, pedicures and waxing. Beautifully built in a 19th century greenhouse redesigned according to Feng Shui, with comfortable private treatment rooms and exclusive suites, La Serra provides a unique five-star journey for everyone. Our special double suite is perfect to enjoy a couple ritual in a unique and private environment. The signature La Dolce Vita ritual includes a Swedish massage with almond oil and a whirlpool bath with a glass of Italian sparkling wine.