- Magical views, romantic history and soulful staff come together in an atmosphere of understated luxury to make you feel like at home at this luxurious high end, historical hotel.
- The preferred get-away of the icons of the golden age of cinema, Hotel Il Pellicano sparkles with timeless glamour, evoking the flair of La Dolce Vita. Magical views, romantic history and soulful staff come together in an atmosphere of understated luxury to make you feel like at home.
- Located among the peace and tranquility of Italy’s Argentario coast, the hotel offers an exclusive selection of suites and rooms located in either the villas or the main building. From spectacular sea views over the Tuscan archipelago, to the tranquility of lush gardens through to sophisticated interiors, Hotel Il Pellicano will enchant you, whichever room you choose.
- Private seafront terrace beach, accessible by lift, awaits guests with soft loungers, white parasols and a attentive staff ready to serve.
- At the Michelin-starred Il Pellicano Restaurant, the chef delivers a satisfying surprise with carefully selected seasonal organic local produce, fresh fish and organic meat.
- PELLICLUB offers a wide array of pampering treatments designed to restore energy, clear the mind, rejuvenate and balance, in an environment that delights all senses and combines nature with luxury.
- Located right on the coast in Tuscany, just a 1-hour 30-minute drive from Rome.
- At the beach club it’s possible to organise sailing boat charters, waterskiing, and stand-up paddle boarding.
- The hotel has a horse-riding, trekking, and cycling excursions through the Maremma with the concierge.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Stroll up the hillside, or take a trip into Porto Ercole for chilled aperitivos and hot nightlife.
Enjoy the abundant riches of Tuscany from wine tasting to medieval hilltowns.
Breeze over to snorkel in hidden coves, lunch at Giglio, dive on the wrecks around Giannutri.
From speed boats to golf swings, every sport under the Tuscan sun.
Located right on the coast in Tuscany, just a 1-hour 30-minute drive from Rome, Il Pellicano is the perfect place to relax by the sea after the wonders and culture of a city break to Rome. With a spa too, you can really unwind and enjoy the views. Il Pellicano is an elegant, historic and unique small hotel situated on Tuscany’s Argentario peninsula. Built in the mid-1960s by Michael and Patricia Graham as a private club for their glamorous circle of friends and christened ‘Il Pellicano’ as the couple met at Pelican Point in California, the hotel is now well known for its beautiful aspect and its Michelin-starred restaurant.
The hotel is located close to the port of Porto Ercole, a picturesque marina town popular with jetsetters and the yachting fraternity. Its coastal location in the Maremma district of Tuscany means it is pretty much the same distance from Rome as it is from Pisa and Florence, making it a fantastic place to stop and relax for those travelling around the cities and countryside of Tuscany. This Mediterranean resort remains an Italian legend. Why? The position is stunning, on a cliff overlooking a rugged private cove. Opened in 1965, its owners have spent their lives maintaining its timeless dolce vita vibe.
Il Pellicano boasts 34 double rooms, 5 junior suites, 4 deluxe suites and 7 master deluxe suites. Just about all rooms face the sea. There are also cottages available for private rental. Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, safe and complimentary minibar come as standard.
Master suite with pool
Two bedroom, private pool and gorgeous views that seduced the adventurers who created this romantic hideaway.
Master Deluxe Suite Sea View
One or two bedroom Tuscan home in this stylish Porto Ercole retreat, with rooms and terraces showered in sunlight.
Deluxe Suite Sea View
Suites with indisputable cachet and a cache of vivid colours from waves of green to sapphire seas.
Junior Suite Sea View
An atmosphere of understated elegance, with many small luxuries and nature’s generous beauty.
Double Sea View
Rooms with a panoramic balcony capturing all the natural beauty of the original romantic love nest.
Double Garden View
Refresh yourself in green landscapes by the great Paolo Pejrone, after playing in our sapphire seas.
Double Standard Room
Perfect simplicity, rooms created with the light luxury and Italian flair that typifies Il Pellicano.
There are two restaurants on site. One is Peligrill, the more informal option where most guests go for every day dining, which serves items such as delicious grilled fish. The Pellicano is the property’s Michelin-starred spot, with chef Michelino Gioia at the helm. Expect fresh seafood (try the John Dory with Gallinacci mushrooms and wild sorrel sauce) and local meat from Lazio and Tuscany (like a pigeon chest with foie gras, a Gioia special). The raw red shrimp in bottarga cream is unmissable. Part of the fun of eating here is for the parade of old Italian money and young hipsters dressed to the nines.
Tuscany’s bounty of land and sea takes on divine Italian form under Michelin stars and moonlight.
Pelligrill Tuscan Grill
Our laid back and lovely al fresco restaurant captures all the freshness of the sea.
Cellars and bars
Bar All’Aperto, our quisebeve is for lounging between sea and sky, while Il Pellicano piano bar has a deliciously sophisticated syncopation.
Guests admire Tuscany’s sea and country but in Chef Gioia’s eyes it is nature’s generous larder.
Kind and understanding, the staff are happy to help with anything from a late check-out to setting up beautiful bouquets of flowers for a special occasion, and also have plenty of suggestions for area adventures—like renting a boat for the day or nearby restaurants to check out. However, many guests never leave the property because of the tennis courts, pool, spa, duo of restaurants and seafront deck. Details like a seaside bar and its now-iconic beach bags give the facilities an updated appeal while still remaining five-star.
Beach Club and Pool
A saltwater pool and pristine private beach, crushed iced cocktails beneath parasols, the pleasures of farniente.
The Pelliclub is a delightful place to visit with friends for joyful therapy with an iced cocktail and laughter, somewhere to feel beautiful even before the treatment begins. Our Pelliclub Director Sandra promises an experience more than skin deep, more about the ‘touch than the cream’, with her team of expert, intuitive therapists.
The sunrise over Il Pellicano’s silent bay is a life enhancing moment, pay it due honour in our yoga class by the sea. Taughten and tighten tums on the paddleboards, balance and strength are enhanced the moment you step onto a board, an excellent core workout.