- The luxurious 5 stars San Domenico Palace Hotel, is a 14th-century former monastery and convent set in a beautiful flower garden located in the charming historic centre of Taormina, picturesquely perched on the sea with views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily.
- Many prominent figures of the politics, show-biz, culture and science have been fascinated by the magic of San Domenico Palace Hotel and have left a sign of their passage in the precious gold-decorated parchment book, jealously hedged in by the owners. The book begins with a picture of the Kaiser; in the book you can find, among others, the testimony of King Edward of England, Guglielmo Marconi, Luigi Pirandello, Thomas Mann, Richard Strauss, Marlene Dietrich, Ingrid Bergman, Audrey Hepburn and Michelangelo Antonioni.
- Inside you can still feel the ancient monastic atmosphere, including the cloisters, images of saints, the choir stalls, the sacristy and the rooms once quiet cloistered cells, all in strong and seductive contrast with the luxury hotel comforts and services.
- It is also just a few footsteps away from Taormina’s maze of narrow medieval streets with their shops, bars and restaurants, and a 10-minute walk to the hilltop town’s most famous site, the ancient Greek theatre.
- The coveted Garden suites are equipped with outdoor hot tubs, from where you can look out towards Mount Etna, Europe’s most active volcano.
- The hotel has three restaurants, including a 2 Michelin-starred Principe Cerami, named after the Sicilian nobleman who converted the monastery into a hotel.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Off road vehicles, quad biking, go-karting, courses in safe driving, courses in sports driving.
Treasure hunt with orienteering activities.From soft activities to real outdoor challenges.
sailing boats, jet skis, water-skiing and much more.
formulation of role games based on literary adventures and fantasy classics, rather than on the most successful reality shows (for example CSI Project, The Farm).
Chef for a Day, The Chocolate Factory.
The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy.
The San Domenico Palace became a hotel in 1896. Its airy, vast space, long corridors and lemon tree-filled gardens bring connotations of the peaceful haven it must have been during its time before as a monastery. History is prevalent everywhere, from antique sculptures and fireplaces with Latin inscriptions, to paintings and soft, lantern-style lighting.
Classic Rooms overlook either the Cloisters or the town of Taormina. Spacious, bright and sunny, they have classical furniture and every modern comfort including air conditioning, LCD TV with satellite channels, direct dial telephone, en-suite bathroom with bathtub, safe deposit box* and mini-bar*. Superior rooms, Deluxe rooms, Executive rooms and Double terrace rooms are also available.
These rooms overlook either the Cloisters or the town of Taormina. Spacious, bright and sunny, they have classical furniture and every modern comfort.
These rooms are in the Old Monastery and overlook either the Mediterranean Garden or Taormina Bay and Mount Etna. Simple yet elegant decor offsets the beauty of their setting.
All rooms consist of a breathtaking sea view over the Bay of Taormina or the setting of the Greek Roman Theater. A private balcony or terrace is the ideal place to relax and enjoy the sunny and mild climate.The rooms featuring a terrace are also the ideal place to enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner. Average size in this category is approx 26 Square meters. Warm tones add depth to a simple yet elegant decor.
Enjoy a romantic, candlelight dinner available in your room with a supplement on private terrace or balcony of these delightful rooms overlooking either Taormina Bay or the Greek-Roman theatre. Warm tones add depth to a simple yet elegant decor.
Double Terrace Mini Pool
Situated in the Grand Hotel wing, this room offers the uniqueness of a luxuriant Mediterranean private terrace and the exclusivity of a jacuzzi pool with a panoramic view of the bay.
Suite Terrace Mini Pool
Luxury is the watchword for this unique suite with an outdoor Jacuzzi on its own private terrace, ideal for a special event. A spacious bedroom gives onto an elegantly furnished living room, leading in turn to the terrace with its white drapes for shade and privacy. Can be connected to a Deluxe Room on request.
Decorated in Art Nouveau style, the suite consists of an open-plan bedroom with a living area for relaxing comfortably. There is also either a large terrace or a French balcony so you can enjoy breathtaking views over beautiful Taormina Bay.
Suite Grand Hotel
This exclusive suite is decorated in Art Nouveau style with stunning views over Taormina Bay and Giardini Naxos. A bedroom and living room come with one bathroom for simply the last word in luxury. Can be connected to a Deluxe Room on request.
Suite Garden Wing
These Suites have luxurious and refined furniture all with view on the blossoming gardens, Taormina’s bay and mount Etna misty peak . The Suites are functional and different to commons places, are ideal for introspective guest or for gust who loves History.On request they can be connected to a Superior Room.
The San Domenico Palace has three outstanding restaurants to delight your palate. Please, be informed that their menus could be changed according to the season.
The Principe Cerami
The Principe Cerami has 2 Michelin stars and is run by chef Massimo Mantarro, whose art lies in bringing a Sicilian touch to refined haute cuisine. Named after the Sicilian nobleman who converted the monastery to a hotel, the restaurant has a magical atmosphere overlooking the Ionian Sea.
Les Bougainvillées is open all year, serving Sicilian specialties and classical international dishes. Dine in the summer on its terrace with sea view, and in winter in the historical atmosphere of the monastery’s former refectory.
The Giardino dei Limoni
The Giardino dei Limoni welcomes you under a shady pergola next to the swimming pool with stunning sea views. Enjoy their Mediterranean regional dishes and freshly caught fish every day. Open during summer months.
The Cloister Lounge Bar
The Oratorio dei Frati Grand Bar serves cocktails and vintage Armagnac in the ancient Dominican refectory. Enjoy the piano bar in summer and the fire in the magnificent fireplace in winter.
The Oratorio dei Frati Grand Bar
The Cloister Lounge Bar, conceived with our partners the Lunelli brothers, owners of the renowned Cantine Ferrari sparkling wine, combines a historical setting with comfortable armchairs and piano bar for a pleasant, atmospheric evening.
The Pool Bar
The Pool Bar offers fruit shakes, ice cream as well as classic drinks and snacks, between 10:30 am to 6:30 pm from April to October.
World Class facilities include a spa, beach club and outdoor pool.
San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina launches its first-ever Beach Club the former Lido Stockholm, located in one of the most beautiful bays of Taormina enjoying magical views overlooking Taormina Bay. Located at Baia delle Sirene with only 15 minutes away from the hotel. The Club is for exclusive use of the hotel guests and selected external clientele.
Pamper yourself at the Beauty Corner with relaxing aromatherapy face and body treatments from Comfort Zone. Opt for standard facials, manicures, pedicures and depilation or take a package with Oriental face and body treatments plus Ayurvedic massage.