- The award-winning Cottar’s 1920s Safari Camp has its own 7608-acre private conservancy and is situated one kilometre from the famous ‘seventh’ natural wonder of the world, the Maasai Mara in Kenya and the Tanzania Serengeti game reserve.
- Owned and managed by the oldest established and continuing safari family in Africa it extends an era of luxury and quality and returns to the original spirit and essence of ‘safari’.
- Cottar’s 1920s Safari Camp provides the romance of safari under cream canvas tents, the style of the bygone era of the twenties, while at the same time supplying the amenities required by today’s modern world travellers and professional guides whose qualifications are the highest in Africa.
- Offering an abundance of wildlife, a guarantee of privacy, and the highest standards of professional guiding in a luxurious and authentic camping environment.
- The camp has nine tents in total (one unique honeymoon tent, four double tents and four family suites), all with en suite bathrooms. The family tents have living rooms with fireplaces. The entire camp is situated to ensure that tents are private and quiet whether for honeymooners or families with young children.
- The camp offers fine dining, drinking, an amazing pool and spa where guests can relax after a game drive. Guests can also enjoy a safari bath or safari shower, a genuinely unique way of bathing specifically set up in the savannah.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Exploring this iconic ecosystem in an adapted, open 4×4 safari vehicle with your professional safari guide is one of the best ways to get up close to the huge volume and wide diversity of wildlife in the Mara.
Experience the magic of floating over the plains of the Maasai Mara in a Hot Air Balloon. Balloon safaris are a fantastic way to experience the vast beauty of the Mara and provide exceptional photo opportunities with spectacular lighting and scenery.
Exploring the African bush from outside a safari vehicle is a wonderful experience. Get away from the noise of the 4×4 and, accompanied by your professional safari guide, begin to pick up on the smaller details of the African bush.
The Maasai Mara is famous for being home to one of nature’s most spectacular events: the Great Migration. Millions of wildebeest cross from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Mara in search of better grazing.
The award-winning Cottar’s 1920s Safari Camp and private Bush Villa are located in the famous ‘seventh’ natural wonder of the world, the Maasai Mara in Kenya. Offering a bespoke safari experience, it’s owned and managed by the oldest established and continuing safari family in Africa. The Cottar family provide genuinely stunning wildlife and wilderness experiences, engaging in the original spirit and essence of ‘safari’: an abundance of wildlife, a guarantee of privacy, and the highest standards of professional guiding, in a luxurious and authentic safari environment. The location of the camp provides easy access for day and night game drives to the Masai Mara game reserve and the conservancy, game walks, and cultural interactions with the Maasai community.
Guests at Cottar’s stay in authentic white canvas tents, which are spacious and luxuriously furnished and incorporate original safari antiques from the 20s, private en-suite dressing rooms and bathrooms (with old-fashioned styled tubs, showers and flushing toilets), the main bedroom and an outdoor veranda. The family tented suites have two en-suite bedrooms with a shared living area.As the concession is outside the game parks, guided walking and night drives are also highly recommended. There is a masseuse at the camp for complimentary massages, manicures and pedicures, any other needs that guests may have is met by butlers who have been trained to provide discreet, yet attentive service.
The camp has nine tents in total (one unique honeymoon tent, four double tents and four family suites), all with en suite bathrooms. The family tents have living rooms with fireplaces. The entire camp is situated to ensure that tents are private and quiet whether for honeymooners or families with young children. The camp has two main mess tent areas for fine dining, drinking, reading and relaxing, and an amazing pool and spa where guests can relax after a game drive. Guests can also enjoy a safari bath or safari shower, a genuinely unique way of bathing specifically set up in the savannah. The location of the camp provides easy access for day and night game drives to the Masai Mara game reserve and the conservancy, game walks, and cultural interactions with the Maasai community. Winners of numerous accolades, including ‘Best Tented Camp in the World’, Best small to medium enterprise in Africa, Fodor’s Travel Award in the Trip of a Lifetime category, Global Eco-sphere Retreat accredited and recipient of the Green Globe award for environmental practices, Cottar’s 1920s Safari Camp offers discerning travellers authentic and unique lifetime safari experiences.
Cottar's Camp Luxury Double Tents
The tent includes private en-suite dressing room and bathroom, main bedroom with veranda.
Cottar's Camp Luxury Family Suite
These luxury suites consist of 2 en-suite bedrooms with a shared sitting / dining room and include private ensuite dressing room and bathroom, main bedroom with veranda and a living room with a fireplace. $40 is charged for drinks suppliment per night.
Cottar's Bush Villa
The contemporary African style house can be rented only on an exclusive basis and comes with a dedicated staff of 8. The house has a large living room, a dining room, a magnificent viewing deck and 5 ensuite bedrooms, all with stunning views.
Cottar's Honeymoon Tent
Luxury honeymoon tent. The tent includes private en-suite dressing room and bathroom, main bedroom with veranda.
The team of chefs serve up sumptuous cuisine in the camp’s elegant tented dining area and, for something truly memorable, a romantic silver-service bush dinners can be arranged.
Cottar’s Camp provides each luxury tent with a butler, all of whom have been trained to provide guests with discreet, yet attentive service. There is a lovely swimming pool to cool off in during the heat of the day. The camp offers massages and there is also a curio shop, which also has internet access. Aside from twice-daily 4×4 game drives and walking safaris (on request) guided fishing trips are offered on the Mara River and the chef will happily prepare your catch for dinner. Guests can enjoy an enriching cultural experience on a visit to a nearby Maasai village.
The crystal-clear swimming pool is a serene place to cool off in the heat of the day.
An on-site beauty therapist offers an extensive range of treatments in the comfort of your spacious tent.